Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brett Ratliff to get cut?

The only type of QB I want is a veteran backup with lots of experience and something to offer Sanchez. We have plenty of guys like Ratliff.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sg3;3537881]NO

we have THREE better than him and Clemens[/QUOTE]

I would rather have Ratty over Clemens in the backup role...ANY DAY

[QUOTE=pauliec;3537993]Ratliff cut means Mangini sinks even lower into irrelevancy/soon to be obscurity.[/QUOTE]

+2

Also, I think Holmgren wants Sam Bradford. Delhomme's there basically to let Bradford sit a year and strengthen that shoulder. Mangini loses with Delhomme because both coach and QB suck, and Holmgren fires them to make a triumphant return to glory as the new HC of the Cleveland Browns.

And you know what he'll do FIRST? Repaint the White Wall of Tyranny!

[QUOTE]I would rather have Ratty over Clemens in the backup role...ANY DAY [/QUOTE]

The backup to the backup QB is always the most popular backup. Ratliff sucks.

All League
    Has there ever been a 3rd/4th string QB that got as many posts as Ratliff? Let it go. He'll be out of the league within the year.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3537907]Del homme is a [B]terrible awful QB[/B], I have a tough time believing Ratliff is actually worse than him. Why the Browns went after him is totally 100% beyond me.[/QUOTE]

He must be born under a galaxy of lucky stars. The guy robbed the Panthers of several millions then immediately gets picked up by the Brown for millions more. :huh:

At 1 point his INT rate and general performance was so abysmal NFL commentators were referring to him as the double agent due to his terrible miscues. Unfriggin-believable

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sg3;3537881]NO

we have THREE better than him and Clemens[/QUOTE]

thats a lot of crap. Ainge is the suck.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3537907]Del homme is a terrible awful QB, I have a tough time believing Ratliff is actually worse than him. Why the Browns went after him is totally 100% beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%, i dont care if Ratliff is good or not, but everyone in the world knows what you have with Delhomme. He isnt going to take you anywhere....

Ratliff could suck, but I really dont see why they wouldnt give him an opportunity...worst case he fails and they move on. Best case, they fill the most important position witout having to draft someone. All upside in my opinion....

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3537913]Why would Cleveland now draft a QB in Round #1 with all the other HUGE holes they have to fill????[/QUOTE]

They won't draft a round 1 QB because the only two will be gone before the Browns pick.
    They have three 3s. They get a QB there.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3537991]This post made me Lol. The subtlety is priceless. Personally, I'd let Ratliff battle Sanchez for the starting spot...keep it an open competition. That guy's going to be somebody. :rolleyes:

Ratliff being cut means [B]Holmgren hates Mangini[/B] style players. The Browns are saved![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pauliec;3537993]Ratliff cut means [B]Mangini sinks even lower into irrelevancy/soon to be obscurity[/B].[/QUOTE]

Mangini was retained for the 2010 season for one reason and one reason alone: to take the fall after Cleveland finishes with a 2-14 record (or threabouts) in this first of several rebuilding seasons. Mangini will get canned within minutes of the end of week 17 and Holmgren will start his search for a new HC.

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3537871]i still can't ****ing believe senaca wallace beat us..[/QUOTE]

That game still annoys me when Favre threw that INT across his body....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ozu;3538061]Has there ever been a 3rd/4th string QB that got as many posts as Ratliff? Let it go. He'll be out of the league within the year.[/QUOTE]

uhh were u not here when this place was borderline unreadable with all the clemens dick sucking?

[QUOTE=bitonti;3537882]... but he could also endear himself to the walrus [/QUOTE]

... long live the rat & the walrus!!! ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3537871]i still can't ****ing believe senaca wallace beat us..[/QUOTE]

He didn't, Brett favre beat us. Sea's lone TD drive they took over on our 40. we put up 3 pts against a terrible Seattle defense.

All League
    [QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3538168]uhh were u not here when this place was borderline unreadable with all the clemens dick sucking?[/QUOTE]Clemens sucks too. Arguing over which one sucks worse is akin to debating which color turd you'd rather eat.

[QUOTE=nyjunc;3538234]He didn't, Brett favre beat us. Sea's lone TD drive they took over on our 40. we put up 3 pts against a terrible Seattle defense.[/QUOTE]

Our defense didn't even touch Seneca.

Not once.

I shamefully admit I supported Ratliff. :O

Veteran
    Ratliff starts day one.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3538354]Our defense didn't even touch Seneca.

Not once.

I shamefully admit I supported Ratliff. :O[/QUOTE]

That's great but Seattle only scored 13 pts all game and their lone TD drive began at our 40. Our D may not have been great but we lost b/c we couldn't score.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dcat;3538161]Mangini was retained for the 2010 season for one reason and one reason alone: to take the fall after Cleveland finishes with a 2-14 record (or threabouts) in this first of several rebuilding seasons. Mangini will get canned within minutes of the end of week 17 and Holmgren will start his search for a new HC.[/QUOTE]

this is clearly wrong and a melodramatic response. stop being an internet sensationalist.

[QUOTE=Dcat;3538161]Mangini was retained for the 2010 season for one reason and one reason alone: to take the fall after Cleveland finishes with a 2-14 record (or threabouts) in this first of several rebuilding seasons. Mangini will get canned within minutes of the end of week 17 and Holmgren will start his search for a new HC.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Paradis;3538459]this is clearly wrong and a melodramatic response. stop being an internet sensationalist.[/QUOTE]

"clearly" wrong? "Clearly"? Hahaha. Mangini will be fired after 2010 unless Cleveland breaks .500. I'm sure Holmgren thought long and hard about axing him now but realized it would be better to keep chuckles around for the inevitable 2-3 win season so that a new coach would get a clean start in 2011.

[QUOTE=nyjunc;3538234]He didn't, Brett favre beat us. Sea's lone TD drive they took over on our 40. we put up 3 pts against a terrible Seattle defense.[/QUOTE]

Our defensive coaching lost us that game. Seattle had something like 3 or even 4 o-lineman out that game and were playing scrubs. The Jets played their usual read and react game like they did against most of the crappy QB's we faced that year.