Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leon Washington's agent responds to Rex

Veteran
    [QUOTE=david1023;3538389]You guys are nuts! Losing Leon would be a disaster.[/QUOTE]

Disaster is little extreme don't ya think? We went to the AFCCG with out Leon.
    Just sayin.

His agent is doing clean up duty but he put Leon into this situation to begin with. No one can blame Leon for testing the waters but the war of words is getting ridiculous and will do more harm than good.

Veteran
    Washingotn has every right to stay at home near his family and rehab at his own pace. When it comes to his "Reduced Role" of being a 3rd down back and pro bowl return man I'm sure thats what hes always been behind Thomas Jones. After suffering an injury like he did how does anyone expect him to be given anymore of a role then that anyway. Ryan doesn't no what he will be able to handle carrys per game wise.

All Pro
    Leon needs to report - end of story

Hall Of Fame
    Someone needs seriously needs to stuff a sock in this guy's mouth. Sports agents are the scum of the earth and this weasel is the lowest of the low.

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3538398]Disaster is little extreme don't ya think? We went to the AFCCG with out Leon.
    Just sayin.[/QUOTE]
    And we probably would have won that game if he were playing. He's burned the Colts in the past several times. There have been times where one of Leon's plays won us the game. Remember Penny's shovel pass against Miami on MNF? Just one example.

Leon is not a little boy... he can make his OWN decisions like a big boy.. so for you guys just ripping apart his agent and not Leon is retarded.. he obviously agrees with everything his agent is doing or he would of been fired by now... Leon and Keel are both idiots and i do not feel bad for Leon

[QUOTE=david1023;3538421]And we probably would have won that game if he were playing. He's burned the Colts in the past several times. There have been times where one of Leon's plays won us the game. Remember Penny's shovel pass against Miami on MNF? Just one example.[/QUOTE]

Really? Leon can play CB?

[QUOTE=david1023;3538421]And we probably would have won that game if he were playing. [B]He's burned the Colts in the past several times[/B]. There have been times where one of Leon's plays won us the game. Remember Penny's shovel pass against Miami on MNF? Just one example.[/QUOTE]

really?? i'm pretty sure his only game against the colts was in 06 when he did this...
    9 rushing attempts for an amazing 33 yards

[QUOTE=david1023;3538389]You guys are nuts! Losing Leon would be a disaster.[/QUOTE]

what are you 5 years old?
    he went down last year and what happened? #1 rushing team in the league

As soon as the NFL changed the rule to NO wedges Leon struggled mightily in KR and became below average to average returner.

Now you want to pay a change of pace/ 3rd down back 6 million a year??? what are you nuts? I pray someone would be dumb enough to offer a 2nd/3rd rounder

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Alvin Keels
    Leon is a bit taken back about the reports of him taking a reduced role in 2010[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=parafly;3538351]What reduced role? Rex said that Leon would serve as a third down change of pace back and kick returner. When has he ever done more than that?

Leon and Keels are living in a fantasy world.[/QUOTE]

I love it! I'm sure it was Keels who was taken back, since he's the one trying to get Leon starting RB $$$. Here's Rex reminding the NFL that all Leon's shown so far is that he's 3rd down back and KR. Add to the fact that Keels just announced that Leon "would not be able to participate in team drills at this time", there is no way anyone is giving up a 2nd Rd pick.

Leon's gonna be looking back at this in a few years and saying "Damn, I wish I never met Alvin Keels"!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=parafly;3538351]What reduced role? Rex said that Leon would serve as a third down change of pace back and kick returner. When has he ever done more than that?

Leon and Keels are living in a fantasy world.[/QUOTE]

+1 seriously dude, where was I when Leon was our #1 RB?

Leon is sick, you guys are idiots

We should pay him especially since there is no salary cap this year.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqX0QNhCD14&feature=PlayList&p=4FFD6783308EE5C2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ThePenguin;3538408][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]Washingotn has every right to stay at home near his family and rehab at his own pace[/SIZE][/COLOR]. When it comes to his "Reduced Role" of being a 3rd down back and pro bowl return man I'm sure thats what hes always been behind Thomas Jones. After suffering an injury like he did how does anyone expect him to be given anymore of a role then that anyway. Ryan doesn't no what he will be able to handle carrys per game wise.[/QUOTE]

true

and the Jets have every right to get rid of him, his one leg and Alvin ALL for a second round pick...

make him an offer, anybody, please

[QUOTE=NYJetsro71;3538499]Leon is sick, you guys are idiots

We should pay him especially since there is no salary cap this year. [/QUOTE]

In six full games, how many TDs did he have last season?
    Last edited by dassin; 03-26-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A disaster?? We lost him in week 7 last year did the team fold without him?? He had scored 0 td's at that point.. He's was a nice addition but not the main man on the team.. I hope he comes back 100% but lets take a reality pill and realize the teams success does not rely on Leon to be successful..

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd even throw in Golstyn -- Leon, Vernon and Alvin for a second round pick

Do it Rams

[/QUOTE]

They tried to 'pay him' last year. He and his agent turned it down. He then broke his leg badly. I like Leon he was a huge weapon for us but it would be irresponsible for the jets management to just pay him when he hold all the cards and we do not yet know if he can come back and be the leon he was.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqX0QNhCD14&feature=PlayList&p=4FFD6783308EE5C2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24[/url][/QUOTE]

So how much would you pay someone who cannot even participate in team drills at this time? Cuz I got this great hotrod that was in an accident, but pay me $90K now and once it gets outta the shop I'll send it to you. Some peoples' rational kills me...

BTW... the last higlight in that clip shows Leon saying he's picking up #55 and subsequently #55 blows right by Leon as they conviently end the clip. lol

Jets Insider VIP

FYI.

The Jets lost Leon for 9 weeks last year and 3 playoff games.

Was there a disaster then???