Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One pick away (NY Jets)

Undrafted Free Agent
    I agree what he had to say about us. I want us to draft a WR or maybe a DE with Ellis getting up there in years.

Banned
    Pats need more than one player. But a pass rushing DE/OLB would improve their DB play alot. Having Butler in his second season at CB will also help.

More concerned with their WR position. :yes:

[QUOTE=51 VILMA 51;3539165][url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/One-pick-away-How-ten-teams-can-draft-their-way?urn=nfl,230303[/url]

good read :)[/QUOTE]

This article is a bit exaggerated. The Colts, Vikings, and Jets I can see being a FEW players away from winning it all, but certainly not ONE. The rest of the list are ALL teams that need a MASSIVE infusion of talent on or more sides of the ball.

I know enough about the Patsies living in NE to know they are FAR from winning a SB. Division winner? Possible Playoff team? Certainly A scary playoff team? Certainly

The problem is their defense overall and their running game. Their defense quite frankly sucks and they've managed to fool many a team with smoke and mirrors. Their secondary can be lit up like a christmas tree and their really isn't ANY players on the NE secondary that you could make a case for being better than what the Jets have.

Their front line does not generate enough pressure on the QB and they can be run on. Teams with big, athletic Offensive lines steamroll the Patsies up front. Jets, Vikings, Saints, Colts are all teams that come to mind that the Patsies have no answer for.

But maybe worst of all is their Offensive line. At one time, that group was truly great, NOW they are merely BELOW average..

And the Patsies are the best of the bunch of the other teams mentioned in the article. So to say the Patsies, Cowboys, Eagles are all ONE player away is absurd...

[QUOTE=FauxJet07;3539247]Pats need more than one player. But a pass rushing DE/OLB would improve their DB play alot. Having Butler in his second season at CB will also help.

More concerned with their WR position. :yes:[/QUOTE]

The PATS* need the insight of fauxdouche..........

[QUOTE=Mainejet;3539268]This article is a bit exaggerated. The Colts, Vikings, and Jets I can see being a FEW players away from winning it all, but certainly not ONE. The rest of the list are ALL teams that need a MASSIVE infusion of talent on or more sides of the ball.

I know enough about the Patsies living in NE to know they are FAR from winning a SB. Division winner? Possible Playoff team? Certainly A scary playoff team? Certainly

The problem is their defense overall and their running game. Their defense quite frankly sucks and they've managed to fool many a team with smoke and mirrors. Their secondary can be lit up like a christmas tree and their really isn't ANY players on the NE secondary that you could make a case for being better than what the Jets have.

Their front line does not generate enough pressure on the QB and they can be run on. Teams with big, athletic Offensive lines steamroll the Patsies up front. Jets, Vikings, Saints, Colts are all teams that come to mind that the Patsies have no answer for.

But maybe worst of all is their Offensive line. At one time, that group was truly great, NOW they are merely BELOW average..

And the Patsies are the best of the bunch of the other teams mentioned in the article. [B]So to say the Patsies, Cowboys, Eagles are all ONE player away is absurd...[/B][/QUOTE]

To say ANY team is one player away is indeed absurd, now, to say one PLAY away, that would be more accurate to say :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3538722]the Colts aren't losing the AFC CG 17-10 at home

17 points is not enough to beat the Colts, Saints or any other real deal offense.

to win a Super Bowl a team must be able to punch for punch with the Manning/Brady/Brees types.[/QUOTE]

I Disagree...

The two best teams of the past decade were built on having a strong DEFENSE in NE and PIT. Did they have good offenses as well? Yes, but they rode their respective defenses to the promise land.

Pittsburgh basiclly had the same blue print we do for their 1st SB win of the decade: Dominant Defense, Strong Running Game and have the QB (Big Ben) manage the game. Their 2nd SB this decade was a little bit more reliant on their passing game than running game but they still had the DPOY and Polomaua (sp?) Leading their defense to a top rank.

New England had Brady make plays when needed along with a power rush attack in Smith for the 1st and Dillon for their other 2 but relied on the defense to keep the game close for Brady & Vinateri to win it in the end. Once their Defense aged and weren't as effective that's when they stopped winning SBs. They had statisticly the Best Offense Ever and couldn't win it cause their D didn't come through for them in the end.

Well right there are 5 Super Bowls won by teams who ranked in the top 5 or so in defense and had average to good offense attacks. The Buccaneers and Giants are two others who were lead by their Defense as well. Even the years IND and NO won were the years the Defense performed at their best.

Offense can win you a SB here and there but Defense wins out the majority of the time as shown by recent history.

while i don't think wr is the biggest need, i wouldn't be surprised if that's where they went. the really good offenses will be able to score against just about any defense and it is important that the jets get enough offense to take control of those games where the defense just isn't enough. the good thing is that the jets aren't being forced to draft for need, at the moment.

as for the receivers they have, not a bad pair with edwards and cotchery. throw in keller and tomlinson and sanchez will have enough receivers to get the ball moving through the air if they stay with the ground and pound type offense. they do need a slot guy. sanchez is going to have around 350 pass attempts with about 300 completions. give 80 each to cotch and edwards and that leaves 190 for tomlinson, greene, keller, and ?. i can see tomlinson greene and keller getting about 150 catches so they will need to find someone for the last 40.