Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex has already lost 40 lbs!

Rex has already lost 40 lbs!

I am very surprised that he has lost this much this fast, but, good for him! :)

The question is: Can we love the Oompah without the Loompah? :rolleyes: lol

Imagine Rex and Schotts on the sideline with the same waistline? :eek:

All Pro
    link?

[QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3538954]link?[/QUOTE]

Last I heard was that he's gone from 350 to 320 so it's possible.

I'm happy for him and his family more than anything.

Benigno and Roberts WFAN 8am 3/26/10 *$$

Banned
    So... Rex is about 320-330 now? Good for Rex Ryan himself, I would love to have him as our head coach for the next 10+ years and unless he becomes and stays healthy; that won't happen.

Good old Rex still needs to lose about another 100+ pounds.

[B]Rex Ryan drops 40 pounds in three weeks[/B]

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/rex-ryan-drops-40-pounds-in-three-weeks/[/url]

40 pounds in 3 weeks is NOT a healthy weight loss. He's putting tremendous stress on his system by doing it in this way.

All Pro
    Rex is one of those guys that just ain't going to look right at 200 lbs. Kinda like the singer from Blues Traveler. Not too mention he may have to have follow up surgery to remove the sheets of loose skin he's going to have from such rapid weight loss.

I'm glad he got the surgery because I hope he and Sanchez retire together in 15 years.

[QUOTE=David Harris;3538974]
    I'm glad he got the surgery because I hope he and Sanchez retire together in 15 years.[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Like Terrence Cody, that's just water weight.

I thought that was the weight of Kerry Rhodes ego.

Gastric banding allows him to drop down to a manageable weight and "start over". Let's hope he can make healthier choices this time around, so the weight doesn't come back.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    i think just the fact that he has cut so many calories from his "normal" diet has done a lot for him...i think he will be like 225 for the season hes a big dude in general so this would be healthy for i would think.

Heard him say that last night on NFLN. He also said Jamie Dukes of NFLN who had the same procedure done, convinced him to do it. Funniest line was, Rex said something like; after losing so much weight, now I can have a romantic scene with Heather Locklear...can you imagine that? :D

BTW it all makes sense now, Dukes does look slimmer. Hopefully it has the same effect on Rex.
    Last edited by AceBoy; 03-27-2010 at 02:26 AM.

The problem with the accelerated weight loss makes all the loose skin around your face and neck look like you're melting.

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously guys, weight loss is not a joking matter (except of course to trolls like Vinny)

Rex's large weight loss in the first weeks wouldn't be abnormal even in a non-surgical weight loss program (portion control, increased activity etc). He has plenty of glycogen in his liver and muscles that was lost and glycogen is like a sponge that stores four times it's weight in water. So when it is burned first when the body starts to lose weight, you normally see very large proportional weight losses such as the one Coach Ryan saw due to the water locked in the burned glycogen being released from storage in his body,

This is why you see such large proportional weight losses in the first few weeks on shows like Biggest Loser without gastric band procedures.

Food addiction is the most difficult addiction of all because, while it is possible to cold turkey things like tobacco and even alcohol and other addictive chemicals, it is not possible to cold turkey eating.

So Coach Ryan, with or without his surgery has a long and arduous task ahead of him to restore himself to a healthy way of eating, living and reduce the dangers inherent in his obesity.

We should ALL wish him well for the sake of his family and for himself. That might be a better plan than more fat jokes unless of course you are a Patriot troll and have no life and no class

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3538972][B]Rex Ryan drops 40 pounds in three weeks[/B]
    40 pounds in 3 weeks is NOT a healthy weight loss. He's putting tremendous stress on his system by doing it in this way.[/QUOTE]

Really Vinnie? Feel good for the man. If you were his weight wouldn't you want to lose as much as you could as quickly as you can?

Hall Of Fame

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/rex-ryan-drops-40-pounds-in-three-weeks/[/url]

40 pounds in 3 weeks is NOT a healthy weight loss. He's putting tremendous stress on his system by doing it in this way.[/QUOTE]

He had lapband surgery. It is under direct supervision of his doctors. That is the way this surgery works.

You should worry about the stress Belichick is having for being such a dooshbag his whole life.

No sh$t captain obvious..

Boy, are you a ****ing genius:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;3539055]He had lapband surgery. It is under direct supervision of his doctors. That is the way this surgery works.

You should worry about the stress Belichick is having for being such a dooshbag his whole life.[/QUOTE]

+1 and well said. :yes:

Plus the ride is over for the pats. Stick a fork in them, they are done. They had their day, got their rings, a new stadium and don't forget the new "patsie place" restaurant & shopping complex. From what I hear it's like a modern day "Cheers" where all the pat fans go to be dooshy together. Nice. :P

Anyway, step off minutemen, it's the Jets turn.

Disagreed....

If he was doing this on his own by only drinking water or something like that I would agree. Rex has a wait problem... cant wait to eat. He consumes more than he burns.

His intake has been physically altered so he CANT eat more. His body is now being forced to burn stored fat in order to keep his organs functioning. It (his body) has no choice. There simply is not enough intake to support his functions, so his body is burning fat.

Hopefully he is eating better as well but at the very least, he is clearly eating less.