Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benigno: Jets 6-10 Next year

Joe B is really annoying, he is always negative.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3539267]Yeah SAR, I guess your right; Losing Jenkins and Leon for the year went "Just Perfect" for the Jets last season. Yup, everything turned out perfect including the fact that the Jets were forced to start a rookie QB with only 1 year of college experience in Mark Sanchez.

I guess Calvin Pace missing the first 4 games was "Perfect" for the Jets.

I guess the HBO Cameras of Hard Knocks are the first camera's these Jet athletes have been in front of.

Was it also perfect that our #2 CB (Lito Sheppard) as well as our Nickel and Dime CB's in Lowery and Strickland couldn't stay healthy? [/QUOTE]

Didn't say I agreed with him. Just said I understand his spin.

We certainly look like a Top 5 AFC team this year. If Sanchez takes steps forward and we can find a pass rush somehow that'll just get us close enough to have our hearts broken by more conservative Brian Schottenheimer postseason playcalling. Again.

SAR I

All League
    lets turn this into a 2010-2011 prediction thread.

10-6 w/playoffs. No Super Bowl. Don't we have a tougher schedule than last year?. Let's pray I'm on the pessimistic side of wrong.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3539297]The worst part about Joe B is that he calls himself a Jets fan but represents the SOJF's. As far as alot of us are concerned SOJ is dead. I think SAR even admitted that.
    F off Joe B, your shtick is old and tired.[/QUOTE]

SOJ is dead, but BFH* is waking up and that's almost as scary.

SAR I
    [SIZE="1"]* Big Fat Heads[/SIZE]

It appears that someone is spending too much time around Mike Fatcessa…

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3539241]LOL, this guy is such a clown.

If it weren't for Boomer and Carton, WFAN would be completely unlistenable.[/QUOTE]

Yeesh.

Those two guys are the worst.

Jets Insider VIP
    There is only one human on that station worth turning the dial down there to listen to

and that one person is

THE SCHMOOZER

"Me here, you there, Steve Somers under the covers schmoozing S-P-O-R-T-S on your FAN, New York until Imus in the Morning at 5:30 AM....Take that Icelander fans, out there on Old Country Road growing your potatoes!"

BEST EVER

I used to like "Mr. Negativity" when the Jets actually did suck, but Benigno has become too much. The fact that we have a guy like this representing the Jets on talk radio just prolongs the "Same Old Jets" mentality

He thinks this will be 1999 all over again.

Banned
    [QUOTE=The Cooler King;3539205]Benigno: Jets 6-10 Next year[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right.

Jets got alot of breaks last year.

Miami, Bills and Pats will be much improved.

Benigno was right about one thing: If LT gets 15 carries a game becuase he is HOF bound, then, we'll lose 2 more games this year because of it.

The thing to do with LT is give him 3 carries - 3 catches - maybe one special play - and even play him on special teams or spell 23/29 for LT's blocking - THAT IS IT!

Guy is toast Rex and you know it.

[QUOTE=FF2;3539372]6-10 sounds about right.

Jets got alot of breaks last year.

Miami, Bills and Pats will be much improved.[/QUOTE]

dump

[QUOTE=Buster;3539320]Yeesh.

Those two guys are the worst.[/QUOTE]

Really? I think they're hilarious. Everyone after them is the worst.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Megalomaniac;3539250]you seem like that kid in the class that never shuts up. the one that causes the whole class to give a big sigh of disappointment when the teacher calls on them.[/QUOTE]

You name yourself after those who wanna rule the world, yet you call him out for holding the spotlight to long. Wow.
    Try this... put others before yourself, recognize others for their validity, love the Jets and go and have yourself a nice day. Peace

[SIZE="6"][/SIZE][QUOTE=jetsfan920;3539210]Lmao. He is ridiculous. Yeah, just like last year everyone predicted 7-9....[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous hah?

1999: 8-8
    2003: 6-10
    2005: 4-12
    2007: 4-12

refresh my memory, what were the expectations going into those seasons?

1999- zomg we were just in the AFC Championship game, our core is returning, plus we signed Steve Atwater. Super Bowl here we come! week 1 VT shreds achilles
    2003- ZOMG! we just discovered our franchise quarterback, our nucleus is in tact, we won a playoff game last year, Super Bowl here we come! whoops, franchise qb injures wrist, Curtis injured, defense can't stop the run, finish a nice 6-10.

2005- ZOMG!!!!! last year we were just a field goal kicker from making the AFC Championship game, our core is in tact. ZOMG we signed Ty Law, best corner in the game, and we're bringing back our entire missed kick away from a championship squad from the previous year. oh, btw, we drafted a kicker. all problems solved, Super Bowl here we come! nope, 4-12 here we come!

2007- ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! we discovered this genius coach, the Anti Herman Edwards, Bill Belichick clone, he lead us to an incredible 10-6 record last year, Chad played a whole season, this is our year now. whoops, chowds bury us, we lose in Baltimore, we lose in Buffalo, we lose to the Giants, we lose to the Eagles, on and on, we finish 4-12.

2010- ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we made the AFC Championship last year, our coach is the greatest, our quarterback played terrible but really progressed as the year went on, hes going to be the greatest of all time, Rex is the greatest coach of all time, Revis greatest corner, greatest defense of all time, greatest running game of all time, Kris Jenkins is returning, etc etc etc, Super Bowl here we come...

kinda sound familiar? we'll see what happens. 6-10 might not be so crazy after all, although it probably wont be related to Hard Knocks or LT, it'll be because we're the Jets and this is what happens.
    Last edited by ground and pound; 03-27-2010 at 04:16 PM.

[QUOTE=ground and pound;3539387][SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Ridiculous hah?

1999: 8-8
    2003: 6-10
    2005: 4-12
    2007: 4-12

refresh my memory, what were the expectations going into those seasons?

1999- zomg we were just in the AFC Championship game, our core is returning, plus we signed Steve Atwater. Super Bowl here we come! week 1 VT shreds achilles
    2003- ZOMG! we just discovered our franchise quarterback, our nucleus is in tact, we won a playoff game last year, Super Bowl here we come! whoops, franchise qb injures wrist, Curtis injured, defense can't stop the run, finish a nice 6-10.

2005- ZOMG!!!!! last year we were just a field goal kicker from making the AFC Championship game, our core is in tact. ZOMG we signed Ty Law, best corner in the game, and we're bringing back our entire missed kick away from a championship squad from the previous year. oh, btw, we drafted a kicker. all problems solved, Super Bowl here we come! nope, 4-12 here we come!

2007- ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! we discovered this genius coach, the Anti Herman Edwards, Bill Belichick clone, he lead us to an incredible 10-6 record last year, Chad played a whole season, this is our year now. whoops, chowds bury us, we lose in Baltimore, we lose in Buffalo, we lose to the Giants, we lose to the Eagles, on and on, we finish 4-12.

2010- ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we made the AFC Championship last year, our coach is the greatest, our quarterback played terrible but really progressed as the year went on, hes going to be the greatest of all time, Rex is the greatest coach of all time, Revis greatest corner, greatest defense of all time, greatest running game of all time, Kris Jenkins is returning, etc etc etc, Super Bowl here we come...

kinda sound familiar? we'll see what happens. 6-10 might not be so crazy after all, although it probably wont be related to Hard Knocks or LT, it'll be because we're the Jets and this is what happens.[/QUOTE]

Then why even watch the games?

[QUOTE=SAR I;3539302]Didn't say I agreed with him. Just said I understand his spin.

We certainly look like a Top 5 AFC team this year. If Sanchez takes steps forward and we can find a pass rush somehow that'll just get us close enough to have our hearts broken by more conservative Brian Schottenheimer postseason playcalling. Again.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

how was Schottenheimers play calling conservative? he called a GREAT postseason, put Sanchez in good situations, utilized the running game, set up play action, finally set up a wildcat pass, dialed up a bomb to Braylon Edwards...

his playcalling was great in the postseason, but it went all for naught when Shonn Greene went down. when Shonn Greene goes down, do you now expose your rookie quarterback to a vicious pass rush 50 straight times, and try to go blow for blow with Peyton Manning, where invariably he's going to start getting sacked, rushing throws and throwing picks, OR, do you run Thomas Jones, hope to god he breaks one, but more likely will just get 1 YPC and you die a slower death. once Shonn Greene went down in that game, Schotty's options were either shoot himself in the face, or kill himself w/ a butter knife, slowly cutting his limbs off one at a time. he chose the latter. neither were going to work, losing Shonn Greene killed the offense. fast forward a couple years and hopefully Sanchez becomes the guy who can drop back 50 times, throw 400 yards and win that shootout. as a rookie it wasn't happening against that ferocious pass rush w/o a running game/ play action as a crutch. that was NOT Schotty's fault.
    Last edited by ground and pound; 03-27-2010 at 04:25 PM.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3539390]Then why even watch the games?[/QUOTE]

hope springs eternal that VT might return, brother!

i watch the games because im a diehard Jets fan, but to say there's no chance that this team might flop is ridiculous. look at all the years of history to back it up, look at the enormous expectations going in, and look how it turned out. this doesn't have teh same feel as 99 or 05 going in? you bet your ass it does, HUGE expectations, SB or bust. Benigno has every right to predict we'll be 6-10, and if history is any indication (which it probably will be), then 6-10 is probably what the result will be.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3539380]Really? I think they're hilarious. Everyone after them is the worst.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Carton is every douche bag rolled into one that you've wanted to punch in the face in your life. He's a f*cking retard with no redeeming value. You can just see that doofy smirk on his face when you hear him talk. What he lacks in value as a human being matches his sports knowledge as well. How can you possibly listen to him, let alone that early in the morning?!

Boomer's cool. But he's got the personality of a goddamn doorknob.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

A team with a top-5 defense isn't going 6-10, and we were already the best in the NFL in year 1 of Rex's system

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3539402]A team with a top-5 defense isn't going 6-10, and we were already the best in the NFL in year 1 of Rex's system[/QUOTE]

so what does that mean, we were #1 in year 1 of Rex's system, so for year 2 that means our defense is going to be #.5, because it's the second year of the system? we've seen this story play out many times before, the bad year has never been possible until we end up going 4-12 or 6-10 and then have another sob story to tell about how the season fell apart. that's how the story goes. maybe thsi one will be different- but to act like it's not a possibility means people are so blinded by their own green color glasses that they're just setting themselves up for another collosal disappointment. i'm hoping it doesn't happen, but im also preparing for the disappointment.