Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of this LT talk already

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sick of this LT talk already

Yeah im glad he's here, but at the end of the day he's a backup and how much attention does a backup really need. I know im not this only guys fan, but it seems like people are more excited about LT, then the true RB on this team, Shonn Greene. I still believe if he he stayed healthy in the AFC Championship, we would of found a way to beat the Colts. He's the one who stepped up late in the year and got us deep into the playoffs, not Thomas Jones. So be happy about LT, but be truly excited about the War Machine gonna do in 2010.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coG8TX48XXE[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    AMEN

with the WAR MACHINE on the run, backups are nice to have but NOT the center of attention

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's OK, I would PREFER, teams forget about Greene and NOT game plan for him :yes::D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... thank God for the mute button ...

... and war machine! ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Highlight video. All of the momentum in the Colts game shifted their way once Greene went down. People are talking like LT will be our feature back next season but the reality is the CS will probably be looking to get Greene 20+ touches a game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just hope he stays healthy

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had that video playing with Sabatoge in the background, great combo!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped talking about LT a few days after he signed.

Not sure who's still babbling about his greatness :i_dont_kn

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow -- what a video

START THE SEASON AND TURN THE WAR MACHINE LOOSE, TOMORROW!!

dozens of broken tackles, any of which would have brought TJ tumbling to the turf

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3539306]Just hope he stays healthy[/QUOTE]

+1 Very good point

Greene is without question the number 1 RB going into the season for us but LT and Leon are going to be very important to our success as well.

Greene will get the majority of the carries especially on goal line and short yardage downs but LT will see a lot of playing time in shotgun and 3rd down situations to utilize his good pass blocking and hands out of the backfield. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a good amount of Red Zone touches as well since he has a knack for finding the end zone and has great vision.

Personally I think Greene will benefit greatly from having LT as a teammate and will hopefully keep them both fresh for the postseason by sharing the load.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is our 'War machine' is fragile.
    He wasn't able to play early in the year and he got hurt when we needed him the most - the playoffs. It is hard to count on a fragile running back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mmckiernan;3539360]The problem is our 'War machine' is fragile.
    He wasn't able to play early in the year and he got hurt when we needed him the most - the playoffs. It is hard to count on a fragile running back.[/QUOTE]

plus the WAR MACHINE gets plagued with fumbleitis on occasion. I love the way the guy runs but listening to all the anti-LT talk and seeing how so many WANT him to fall down, I get sick. The guy is a JET . Lets hope he plays great when he gets in. Lets hope the Machine gets over his injury run and fumbleitis. Lets hope he has a HoF career for the Jets but lets let him earn it first! Too many are giving him props without waiting to see how he handles being #1.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great highlight video of Greene but when you watch the video it is impossible not too notice Faneca.
    So for all of the Faneca haters just watch him on every play in that video. The guy might be shaky in pass-pro but he is a beast in the running game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Draft another big rumbler like Greene, a guy like Blount or Dixon would be perfect... I know Blount will be there in the 4th.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    More and more ive been feeling it was a huge mistake to let Thomas Jones go but after watching that video I am [B]amazed[/B] at how fast and strong our offense line is. Our receivers are good blockers too. With a line like that all you need is a fresh back (rotation) that can break a tackle at the second level and thats what Shonn Greene is. A guy with a motor that will run through some guys.

So Im eager to see if there is any decline in production.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't watch the whole thing with the retarded rap going on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;3539222]Yeah im glad he's here, but at the end of the day [B]he's a backup[/B] and how much attention does a [B]backup[/B] really need. [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure that he is a backup.

When I hear Rex speaking about LT, he speaks VERY highly of him and believes he will have a large impact this year. According to Rex, LT has not lost much at all.

IMO at the least, LT will have almost as many carries as Greene. I wouldn't be surprised if LT has even more carries than Greene.

Mark my words. Now, flame away lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3539395]Draft another big rumbler like Greene, a guy like Blount or Dixon would be perfect... I know Blount will be there in the 4th.[/QUOTE]

Dixon would be perfect...

Blount not so bad either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Toby Gerhart + Greene+ L.T= Ground and Pound volume[/B] II:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    conjecture. the fools making a big deal about LT are the ones who hate the deal. We know who our guy is but LT helps him not hurt him.