Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brodney poole comes highly reccomended

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;3539491]Taylor Mays will never be a Ed Reed type player.[/QUOTE]
    5 int's in 4 yers with 3 in your freshman year says he is no Ed Reed. For a free saftey you would expect more.

Poole's a good sleeper talent and I definitely like his skillset. It wouldn't shock or bother me if we drafted a safety high anyway. I'd like to draft Kendrick Lewis in the 5th rather than take a safety high. That guy is going to be good.

Why is everyone going crazy to get a safety when the Jets ALREADY have the best pass defense in football.

Mays will cost the Jets a #1 and #2.
    Thomas or Berry a 1, 2 and 4. Berry maybe more.
    The Jets do not need another safety. They need a BACKUP CB which can be had in the 5th.

1. DE or OLB
    2. OLB or DE
    4. WR
    RB if Leon departs In the 4th - Get that WR earlier with Leon's trade #
    THEN: 5. CB
    6. BPA
    7. LB

Jets will go Saftey ir rd 2 or 3..not 1...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;3539409]Poole is just a "smoke screen".... the Jets are really gonna end up drafting S Taylor Mays from USC in the 1st RD this year. It is my belief that this will happen, based on the type of player that Mays is, and has proven to be. Kerry Rhodes was a HUGE disappointment to Rex. Rhodes actually believed he was gonna be the next Ed Reed... Rex is LOOKING for the next Ed Reed for OUR defense. I believe that player to be none other than, Taylor Mays... Gut feeling.[/QUOTE]

Taylor Mays is a physical specimen and hits like a mack truck and I think he would be an asset in our D but he's not the next Ed Reed. He does not have Reed's cover skills and ballhawking abilities. Nowhere near. Mayock is even suggesting he move to LB.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;3539735]Why is everyone going crazy to get a safety when the Jets ALREADY have the best pass defense in football.

Mays will cost the Jets a #1 and #2.
    Thomas or Berry a 1, 2 and 4. Berry maybe more.
    The Jets do not need another safety. They need a BACKUP CB which can be had in the 5th.

1. DE or OLB
    2. OLB or DE
    4. WR
    RB if Leon departs In the 4th - Get that WR earlier with Leon's trade #
    THEN: 5. CB
    6. BPA
    7. LB[/QUOTE]

I basically agree here that we need another CB- we lose one of our guys to a sprain or whatever and it's back to business as usual last year getting picked apart on the weak side. However that was largely because we didn't have an intimidating safety and also was because we had no rediculously good pass rusher. So we need to get a guy on this D who is going to give people nightmares, and that is why I either say draft Taylor Mays and watch receivers take it a little easier across the middle, or try and get a pass rusher and force QB's to toss up a couple prayers for INT's. My 2 cts

Why would Mays cost us a 1 and a 2?

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3540530]Why would Mays cost us a 1 and a 2?[/QUOTE]

That made no sense to me either.

i can't take seriously anyone who claims to know how good or bad brodney pool is without being able to spell his name correctly. kind of defeats the front of being knowledgeable on a subject.

in addition to this, tailor mays is going to be a total bust, and i will kill my mailman if we draft him.

[QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3540545]i can't take seriously anyone who claims to know how good or bad brodney pool is without being able to spell his name correctly. kind of defeats the front of being knowledgeable on a subject.

in addition to this, [B][U]tailor mays[/U][/B] is going to be a total bust, and i will kill my mailman if we draft him.[/QUOTE]

did u make a point about spelling names correctly in order to be taken seriously...and then misspelt TAYLOR mays' name?

::shakes head::

[QUOTE=dassin;3540550]did u make a point about spelling names correctly in order to be taken seriously...and then misspelt TAYLOR mays' name wrong?

::shakes head::[/QUOTE]

i see you're one of the intellectual heavyweights on this forum. i will be sure to keep an eye out for you.

[QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3540554]i see you're one of the intellectual heavyweights on this forum. i will be sure to keep an eye out for you.[/QUOTE]

please keep two out for me, you lazy bum

Veteran
    [QUOTE=dassin;3540533]That made no sense to me either.[/QUOTE]

You have a very nice signature. :D

Also, when did BP become known as a big hitter and all this stuff? Because he's had concussions?

The Pool signing was a good, low-cost insurance move. However, if the right saftey is available, I don't think Rex and Tanny would hesitate to make the move, even if it's in the first two rounds. Pool can be a good bridge while a rookie comes along and for depth.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetsfanmack;3540614]The Pool signing was a good, low-cost insurance move. However, if the right saftey is available, I don't think Rex and Tanny would hesitate to make the move, even if it's in the first two rounds. Pool can be a good bridge while a rookie comes along and for depth.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree...I mean...they haven't held back up to this point, if they want Taylor Mays or whomever else, they'll find a way to get him

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3540545]i can't take seriously anyone who claims to know how good or bad brodney pool is without being able to spell his name correctly. kind of defeats the front of being knowledgeable on a subject.

in addition to this, tailor mays is going to be a total bust, and i will kill my mailman if we draft him.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dassin;3540550]did u make a point about spelling names correctly in order to be taken seriously...and then misspelt TAYLOR mays' name?

::shakes head::[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3540554]i see you're one of the intellectual heavyweights on this forum. i will be sure to keep an eye out for you.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Priceless.