Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brodney poole comes highly reccomended

brodney poole comes highly reccomended

guess who reccomended poole to the jets.none other then rob ryan.the brother and defensive coordinator of the browns.maybe the jets lucked out in filling the safety position.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3539317]guess who reccomended poole to the jets.none other then rob ryan.the brother and defensive coordinator of the browns.maybe the jets lucked out in filling the safety position.[/QUOTE]

That was the first the I thought of when we signed him. The second thing I thought of was the concussions. I think he will be quite a suprise to alot of Jets fans if he can stay on the field.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3539317]guess who reccomended poole to the jets.none other then rob ryan.the brother and defensive coordinator of the browns.maybe the jets lucked out in filling the safety position.[/QUOTE]

Kinda sweet that it's like having Rob Ryan on our payroll. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Poole is just a "smoke screen".... the Jets are really gonna end up drafting S Taylor Mays from USC in the 1st RD this year. It is my belief that this will happen, based on the type of player that Mays is, and has proven to be. Kerry Rhodes was a HUGE disappointment to Rex. Rhodes actually believed he was gonna be the next Ed Reed... Rex is LOOKING for the next Ed Reed for OUR defense. I believe that player to be none other than, Taylor Mays... Gut feeling.

[QUOTE=jets rooter;3539317]guess who reccomended poole to the jets.none other then rob ryan.the brother and defensive coordinator of the browns.maybe the jets lucked out in filling the safety position.[/QUOTE]nice but what if rex starts offering good players back to his bro....

I would love to see the Jets pick up Mays. He is a gamer and is really into the game (meaning film time and dedication will not be a problem with him). He is extremely talented and I think Rex and CO. can really bring out the best in him.

i dont know who brodney poole is...but i heard the jets signed brodney pool from the browns

All Pro
    BRODNEY POOL IS A BEEEEEAST

AT WESBURY HIGH

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;3539409]Poole is just a "smoke screen".... [B]the Jets are really gonna end up drafting S Taylor Mays from USC in the 1st RD [/B]this year. It is my belief that this will happen, based on the type of player that Mays is, and has proven to be. Kerry Rhodes was a HUGE disappointment to Rex. Rhodes actually believed he was gonna be the next Ed Reed... Rex is LOOKING for the next Ed Reed for OUR defense. I believe that player to be none other than, Taylor Mays... Gut feeling.[/QUOTE]

Ive seen Mays play, but im not following the draft this year.Personal reasons.

What are the early guestimates of where he may be selected?

All League
    [QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;3539409]Poole is just a "smoke screen".... the Jets are really gonna end up drafting S Taylor Mays from USC in the 1st RD this year. It is my belief that this will happen, based on the type of player that Mays is, and has proven to be. Kerry Rhodes was a HUGE disappointment to Rex. Rhodes actually believed he was gonna be the next Ed Reed... Rex is LOOKING for the next Ed Reed for OUR defense. I believe that player to be none other than, Taylor Mays... Gut feeling.[/QUOTE]

I like Poole myself but can't rely on him to be playing 16 games with his history of concussions.

As for Taylor Mays I haven't followed CFB recently but saw a couple highlights and saw he ran a 4.3 40 yrd dash at 230 lbs, the guys seems to have potential but you think there's still a good chance he'll be there at 29?

[QUOTE=Green Lantern 80;3539409]Poole is just a "smoke screen".... the Jets are really gonna end up drafting S Taylor Mays from USC in the 1st RD this year. It is my belief that this will happen, based on the type of player that Mays is, and has proven to be. Kerry Rhodes was a HUGE disappointment to Rex. Rhodes actually believed he was gonna be the next Ed Reed... Rex is LOOKING for the next Ed Reed for OUR defense. I believe that player to be none other than, Taylor Mays... Gut feeling.[/QUOTE]

That works for me.I'll take Mays

All League

Mays is nothing like Reed

Taylor Mays will never be a Ed Reed type player.

i'd rather we trade up for thomas or berry (doubt it)

I'd rather have Earl Thomas, reminds me of Bob Sanders.

Hall Of Fame
    the jets aren't going into the season with poole as their starting safety, he's for depth more than likely.

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetlag;3539508]I'd rather have Earl Thomas, reminds me of Bob Sanders.[/QUOTE]

I hope Thomas doesn't turn out like Bob Sanders. That dude is injured for 3/4 of the year every season. Hopefully he has the talent that Bob Sanders has if we scoop him up... ;) I personally think Mays is gonna be the real deal though if he's still available at 29.

Jets Insider VIP
    pool and smith - an improvement over sherry and smith

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;3539419]i dont know who brodney poole is...but i heard the jets signed brodney pool from the browns[/QUOTE]

So you correct him on misspelling a last name, but not RECOMMENDED???

American education at its finest:rolleyes: . . .:D

All League
    Earl Thomas is the best safety coming out of college this year. Berry is very good, but Mays is overrated and has bust written all over him...actually, Mays reminds me of Boss Bailey.