Thread: Crowder's mother punches Rex Ryan in the face (Ok, not really.)

Veteran

Crowder's mother punches Rex Ryan in the face (Ok, not really.)

Crowder's mother punches Rex Ryan in the face (Ok, not really.)
    Get updates on Twitter.

Well, it's safe to say Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder and Jets coach Rex Ryan have made up. At this rate, Crowder and Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk might be having tea together before the week is over.

Crowder's mother, Pauline, recently e-mailed me a few entertaining photos that were taken when Pauline and Ryan ran into each other at a beach barbeque during the Pro Bowl week in South Florida last month.

Last year, I remember Pauline being angrier than Crowder when the trash talking between he and Ryan went down. Pauline is a terrifically tough woman – but also incredibly warm and kind to those she likes. (FYI: She also started a class last year called "Football 101 for Woman." If anyone has any interest in attending, shoot me an e-mail and I'll pass along the information to you.)

Here are the photos:

[IMG]http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e201310f453103970c-800wi[/IMG]

[IMG]http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e20120a8de679f970b-800wi[/IMG]

Now, for a little background on these pictures, although most probably already know the story:

Last June, after Crowder mentioned to some reporters that he felt disrespected by the way Jets coach Rex Ryan said the AFC East goes through New England, Ryan jabbed back with a shot at Crowder.

“If I was younger,” Ryan said, among other things, “I’d probably handle him myself.”

After Ryan made those comments, I called Channing on his cell phone to get a response. Per usual, Crowder delivered.

“Oh, Lord have mercy,” Crowder said. “What’s wrong with him? Now he’s talking about preparation? We play them twice this year. If he wants to be prepared, shouldn’t he know the starting middle linebackers of his division rival?”

As for the notion that Ryan would ”handle him myself” if he was ”younger,” Crowder begged to differ.

“He says he’d take care of me if he was younger?” Crowder said. “I’d have beat the hell out of that big old joker. Or if he really wants to get retro, my daddy or my uncle could have handled him. Don’t get big. Win with preparation? Start watching some tape and learn who your rival is. Come on now.”

The back-and-forth rant between Ryan and Crowder made for delicious material for me and plenty of other reporters, especially during a time of year typically reserved for the driving range instead.

But the rivalry has since simmered. Ryan eventually said his comments toward Crowder were probably out of line.

“I think the thing with Channing Crowder, if I had to do one thing over, that would probably be it,” Ryan said.

As I told Crowder at one point, I think these two men – Crowder and Ryan – would adore each other if they’d actually met. It looks like his mother now agrees.

Read more: [url]http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollout/#ixzz0jP922a3X[/url]

All Pro
    Ha ha ha, that's great. Man, I love me some Rex. This guy eats (insert joke here), breathes and sh*ts (insert 2nd joke here) Jets football.

Rex is awesome. He totally gets it. This is hysterical...................LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex is the perfect HC for the NYJ.............. I for one could not be happier!!!!!:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    NOBODY BETTER THAN THE REX MAN

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3539623]Rex is awesome. He totally gets it. This is hysterical...................LOL[/QUOTE]

the legend

The Penguin, Mangenius!.....oh wait.

All League
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;3539628]Rex is the perfect HC for the NYJ.............. I for one could not be happier!!!!!:yes:[/QUOTE]

Rex was just what the NY Jets needed, a breath of fresh air!

The man has the personality, smarts and skills to take on a HC job in a city like New York and be very successful. It amazes me that it took all these years for him to finally get his chance as a HC in the NFL especially after being a huge reason why Baltimore has been a top defense in the league for years. I know he interviewed with teams previously but for whatever reason wasn't hired, maybe his weight or personality scared some off, even the team that he worked for as a D Coordinator for years didn't hire him when they had the chance, just amazes me!

Good thing Woody and Tanny saw the potential in Rex to be a Top 5 HC in the league and gave him his well deserved shot at proving himself, and I couldn't be happier with our head coach and haven't been this pumped since we had Parcells here in the late 90s.

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3539717]the legend[/QUOTE]

You da man Wesker....................DA MAN!!!! :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=jayrad01;3539348]Crowder's mother punches Rex Ryan in the face (Ok, not really.)
    Get updates on Twitter.

Well, it's safe to say Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder and Jets coach Rex Ryan have made up. At this rate, Crowder and Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk might be having tea together before the week is over.

Crowder's mother, Pauline, recently e-mailed me a few entertaining photos that were taken when Pauline and Ryan ran into each other at a beach barbeque during the Pro Bowl week in South Florida last month.

Last year, I remember Pauline being angrier than Crowder when the trash talking between he and Ryan went down. Pauline is a terrifically tough woman – but also incredibly warm and kind to those she likes. (FYI: She also started a class last year called "Football 101 for Woman." If anyone has any interest in attending, shoot me an e-mail and I'll pass along the information to you.)

Here are the photos:

[IMG]http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e201310f453103970c-800wi[/IMG]

[IMG]http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e20120a8de679f970b-800wi[/IMG]

Now, for a little background on these pictures, although most probably already know the story:

Last June, after Crowder mentioned to some reporters that he felt disrespected by the way Jets coach Rex Ryan said the AFC East goes through New England, Ryan jabbed back with a shot at Crowder.

“If I was younger,” Ryan said, among other things, “I’d probably handle him myself.”

After Ryan made those comments, I called Channing on his cell phone to get a response. Per usual, Crowder delivered.

“Oh, Lord have mercy,” Crowder said. “What’s wrong with him? Now he’s talking about preparation? We play them twice this year. If he wants to be prepared, shouldn’t he know the starting middle linebackers of his division rival?”

As for the notion that Ryan would ”handle him myself” if he was ”younger,” Crowder begged to differ.

“He says he’d take care of me if he was younger?” Crowder said. “I’d have beat the hell out of that big old joker. Or if he really wants to get retro, my daddy or my uncle could have handled him. Don’t get big. Win with preparation? Start watching some tape and learn who your rival is. Come on now.”

The back-and-forth rant between Ryan and Crowder made for delicious material for me and plenty of other reporters, especially during a time of year typically reserved for the driving range instead.

But the rivalry has since simmered. Ryan eventually said his comments toward Crowder were probably out of line.

“I think the thing with Channing Crowder, if I had to do one thing over, that would probably be it,” Ryan said.

As I told Crowder at one point, I think these two men – Crowder and Ryan – would adore each other if they’d actually met. It looks like his mother now agrees.

Read more: [url]http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollout/#ixzz0jP922a3X[/url][/QUOTE]
    is it possible to be more loved by a fanbase than rex is??

i say no..

sexy rexy is flat out the man!! :rockon: