Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Clemens future with the Jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=TKasper01;3539955]I thought he was drafted by Mangini? Didn't Shott go out and take a look at him before the draft that year. If so Rex would be his second coach with the same system..no[/QUOTE]

U R right TK he was a Mangini pick. I don't know if Shotty scouted him and I agree with everyone that he should be cut from the Jets but I would also like to see him get picked up by another team, like the Patsie's. :P

All League
    Buh-bye!!
    I was at the game in Tamper and KC was just plain awful!! :(
    I am sitting there with my bro-in-laws, who have dealt with the QB mess with the Bucs for years, and even they couldn't believe how inept he was.

QB coach on Chad Pennington's coaching staff.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3539915]Hard to argue with that.[/QUOTE]

Thx Bud! :D

All League

What's Clemens future with the Jets?

I am one of Kellen's biggest supporters, and even I know the guy should be grateful for any offers that come his way at this point in his career. Since he has a chance to remain in the NFL with the Jets, I think his agent should convince him this is the prudent financial move for him. If he does continue to keep looking and waiting for another team to show the kind of interest he's seeking, my gut tells me this won't happen unless/until someone goes down with an injury in preseason.

hopefully the Jets withdraw the 2nd round tender on April 14th and Clemens' future with the Jets is putting his house on the market after he gets signed as the 4th QB in Detroit.

Clemens is poo, but the Jets are keeping him round for something I suppose. I wouldn't bet against him being #2 again this coming year.

Are we all really high on Ainge? Is ainge the new "#3 QB who is teh awesome!" to most Jet Fans a la a dozen former #3 QB's we could mention? Do we think (honestly) that if we have to use and rely on Ainge we'd be better off?

And is there still a chance Jets snag a vet #2 QB before camp opens?

[QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3540414]hopefully the Jets withdraw the 2nd round tender on April 14th and Clemens' future with the Jets is putting his house on the market after he gets signed as the 4th QB in Detroit.[/QUOTE]

He definitely deserves that the POS. How dare he not save our franchise when he had the chance.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3540421]Clemens is poo, but the Jets are keeping him round for something I suppose. I wouldn't bet against him being #2 again this coming year.

Are we all really high on Ainge? Is ainge the new "#3 QB who is teh awesome!" to most Jet Fans a la a dozen former #3 QB's we could mention? Do we think (honestly) that if we have to use and rely on Ainge we'd be better off?

And is there still a chance Jets snag a vet #2 QB before camp opens?[/QUOTE]

I think Ainge has some upside based on what we've seen of him, but I don't think I'd be too happy without a seasoned vet backing up the 'Chize.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;3539899]Three different offensive schemes & HC's in four years? That's more of a journeyman/veteran stats then a 2nd round draft pick in 2006 no? Either way I wish him well and hope we get some fresh blood in here as a serviceable back up to Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

That would be 2 head coaches and 2 offensive schemes. He wasn't here with Edwards.

Hardly an issue for a NFL QB.

Practice Squad
    To me Erik Ainge, looks the better player, I think Kellens value is a make weight as a Trade up (hopefully in this years draft). :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=Nyjetsbfc;3540443]To me Erik Ainge, looks the better player, I think Kellens value is a make weight as a Trade up (hopefully in this years draft). :yes:[/QUOTE]

I might be naive, but I really can't see Clemens value as trade bait. He doesn't seem to be marketable at all right now. With his knowledge of the system, he is actually more valuable to the Jets than any other team.

[QUOTE=Limolady;3539965]U R right TK he was a Mangini pick. I don't know if Shotty scouted him and I agree with everyone that he should be cut from the Jets but I would also like to see him get picked up by another team, like the Patsie's. :P[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was reported that Schotty went out and worked him out and did some chalkboard work with him before the draft.

To another poster. Clemens has a 3rd round tender on him.

My guess...After the draft when teams have a better idea what they have and don't have for QBs on their roster Clemens could be dealt for a mid-to late 2011 conditional pick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Clemens has ruined Jaws credibility.

I think it was Jaws who loved him in the draft.

As much as people hate to hear this....

If Erik Ainge/Kevin O'Connell could beat out Kellen Clemens, chances are he would have already.

I'm not sure Clemens is as bad as people make him out to be anyways.....sure, he looked awful against Tampa, but that was also his first real game action in some 2 years (Aside from handing the ball off repeatedly against a few teams in mop up duty). Chances are rust was a factor, as shown by Clemens getting progressively better as that game went along. For what it's worth, he finished that game 9/14 for 104 yds after his dreadful start (3/9 for 7 yards). He's not a world beater by any means, but chances are, if your starting QB goes down for more then 2 weeks, you're probably screwed anyways.

I know everyone says "Sign a vet backup", but most veterans who have to sign backup jobs really, really, suck too.

[QUOTE=jetswin;3540453]Clemens has ruined Jaws credibility.

I think it was Jaws who loved him in the draft.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was Jaws.

Mayock perhaps?

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3540464]I don't think it was Jaws.

Mayock perhaps?[/QUOTE]

You should try posting solid info instead of just throwing out guesses. You new to this board?

Mayock perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Both Jaws and Merrill Hoge gushed about Clemens...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mayock perhaps?[/QUOTE]

It was Jaws.

Hodge loved him too.

Not sure on Mayock.

[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFGucgncvYo[/IMG]
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 03-29-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=regen;3540482]You should try posting solid info instead of just throwing out guesses. You new to this board?[/QUOTE]
    take a day off

continuing to call out someone after two previous threads were locked by two different mods is not only wrong but a pain in the ass to chase around.