Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Clemens future with the Jets?

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3540464]I don't think it was Jaws.

Mayock perhaps?[/QUOTE]

It was Jaws.

Clemens is nowhere near as bad as he's perceived as here based on whatever it is this stuff is based on.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3540494]It was Jaws.

Clemens is nowhere near as bad as he's perceived as here based on whatever it is this stuff is based on.[/QUOTE]

I shoulda known Jdub is never wrong.

Unless it pertains to gilfs and their hotness.

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3539926]Scott Bakula is more believable as a QB than KC.[/QUOTE]

I'd even take Willie Beamen as a backup. At least he can run the wildcat and sing Ray Charles songs on the bench.

Clemens does get more hate than he deserves, but I think Ainge puts this debate to bed with a strong camp. It's doubtful that Ainge expects to be a full-time starter any time soon, and it would be great if he developed into a competent backup to stick for several years a la Pat Ryan.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3540494]It was Jaws.

Clemens is nowhere near as bad as he's perceived as here based on whatever it is this stuff is based on.[/QUOTE]

He's as bad as his body of work.

It's time to recognize that, and that his body of work sucks.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3540421]Clemens is poo, but the Jets are keeping him round for something I suppose. I wouldn't bet against him being #2 again this coming year.

Are we all really high on Ainge? Is ainge the new "#3 QB who is teh awesome!" to most Jet Fans a la a dozen former #3 QB's we could mention? [B]Do we think (honestly) that if we have to use and rely on Ainge we'd be better off?[/B]

And is there still a chance Jets snag a vet #2 QB before camp opens?[/QUOTE]

my take is more of a "it can't be worse." if we rely on clemens, his job is to hand the ball off, throw a few screens, and don't screw up. is that really something ainge or even oconnell can't handle? and if we need the qb to step in and win the game for us, i think it'd be a good chance we're screwed, no matter which of the 3 is playing.

All Pro
    We need to keep Clemens so when we turn Ainge into the next Charlie Whitehurst, we still have someone to hold the clipboard.

The x factor here is Kevin O'Connell, I think the team likes the potential of this guy, and he may be better than both Ainge and Clemens. I think Clemens is around for his experience, but will probably not make it past camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez

with Ainge and O'Connell handling the clipboard and placekick holding...

no problem

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3539926]Scott Bakula is more believable as a QB than KC.[/QUOTE]

And he had a much hotter place kicker, too