Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Clemens future with the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

What's Clemens future with the Jets?

can we afford to keep him along with Ainge and Connell? I say we cut bait with this bum already, he's just plain awful, the Bills game late in the year told me all I need to know about him, he should be happy he's stuck around so long.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are bringing him back for another season so he may end up being a career backup here. I really thought the Jets were going to sign a veteran backup and cut Clemens but they tendered him an offer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3539397]can we afford to keep him along with Ainge and Connell? I say we cut bait with this bum already, he's just plain awful, the Bills game late in the year told me all I need to know about him, he should be happy he's stuck around so long.[/QUOTE]

True, there's no point in keeping 3 backups especially if none of them can run a wild cat or contribute in other ways. I think Ainge stays so it comes down to Clemens and O'Connell for the last spot and I'm guessing they keep O'Connell if they traded for him last year they must really like him and Clemens has already had chances to prove his worth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    non existent

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont think he signed the tender..i thinks hes weighing his options LOL

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;3539397]can we afford to keep him along with Ainge and Connell? I say we cut bait with this bum already, he's just plain awful, the Bills game late in the year told me all I need to know about him, he should be happy he's stuck around so long.[/QUOTE]

Emotionally, I would like to get rid of him. Realistically, he won a game, knows the offense, can throw an out once in a while, and has some experience. We would be toast with him for more than a game or two, but for one game against a weak opponent, he has shown he can get the job done.

Still, he may go as part of a trade.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Eventually (this year or next at the latest)

[IMG]http://blog.partyaids.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/guillotine.gif[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully he gets a starting quarterback job

hopefully with one of our division opponents

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has none

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3539545]hopefully he gets a starting quarterback job

hopefully with one of our division opponents[/QUOTE]

lol

Over/Under on how many pick 6's Clemens would throw to Revis? 3?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

AMEN BROTHER! :yes: Dude is horrible.

[QUOTE=sg3;3539545]hopefully he gets a starting quarterback job

hopefully with one of our division opponents[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3539582]He has none[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha!!!
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-28-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3539487]i dont think he signed the tender..i thinks hes weighing his options LOL[/QUOTE]

Cleveland Browns? :P

I like Clemens but it's been a rough road for him. The whole Chad coming back too soon and riding the Edwards/Mangini/Ryan offensive carousels may have hurt his chances of ever really stepping up as a starter here.

Hopefully he does have another offer & jumps all over it immediately.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3539887]Cleveland Browns? :P

I like Clemens but it's been a rough road for him. The whole Chad coming back too soon and riding the Edwards/Mangini/Ryan offensive carousels may have hurt his chances of ever really stepping up as a starter here.

Hopefully he does have another offer & jumps all over it immediately.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, he's had opportunities and just looks very tentative and clumsy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3539889]I dunno, he's had opportunities and just looks very tentative and clumsy.[/QUOTE]

Clemens couldn't make himself look good facing arguably the worst defense in the league last season. He's like a crap version of Jake Delhomme - and Delhomme sucks balls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3539889]I dunno, he's had opportunities and just looks very tentative and clumsy.[/QUOTE]

Three different offensive schemes & HC's in four years? That's more of a journeyman/veteran stats then a 2nd round draft pick in 2006 no? Either way I wish him well and hope we get some fresh blood in here as a serviceable back up to Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3539899]Three different offensive schemes & HC's in four years? That's more of a journeyman/veteran stats then a 2nd round draft pick in 2006 no?[/QUOTE]

What I'm trying to say is that, regardless of the schemes and all that, he doesn't look confident under center or in the pocket when playing. He's never had the look of a leader to me. Sanchez comes in as a rookie and holds himself WAY differently.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3539899]Three different offensive schemes & HC's in four years? That's more of a journeyman/veteran stats then a 2nd round draft pick in 2006 no? Either way I wish him well and hope we get some fresh blood in here as a serviceable back up to Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

It's not that at all, the guy just does not look like a professional QB out there, he's not even Grossman or Losman good, that's how bad he is. Ainge looks like a guy who might have potential even beyond just being a backup... Connell I have no idea about, but we'll find out soon enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3539905]What I'm trying to say is that, regardless of the schemes and all that, he doesn't look confident under center or in the pocket when playing. He's never had the look of a leader to me. Sanchez comes in as a rookie and holds himself WAY differently.[/QUOTE]

Hard to argue with that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott Bakula is more believable as a QB than KC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3539899][B]Three different offensive schemes & HC's in four [/B]years? That's more of a journeyman/veteran stats then a 2nd round draft pick in 2006 no? Either way I wish him well and hope we get some fresh blood in here as a serviceable back up to Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

I thought he was drafted by Mangini? Didn't Shott go out and take a look at him before the draft that year. If so Rex would be his second coach with the same system..no