Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Linebacker Porter arrested for DWI assault on a Police Officer

Arizona Linebacker Porter arrested for DWI assault on a Police Officer

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5033849"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5033849[/URL]

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Authorities say NFL linebacker Joey Porter has been arrested in Bakersfield on suspicion of drunken driving and accused of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.

NFC West blog
    ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

The California Highway Patrol said Porter was confronted by officers early Saturday in a fast-food parking lot.

Porter, 33, refused to provide his driver's license and began to roll up his window when asked to leave the car. Police say that when an officer reached to unlock the door Porter slapped the officer's hand.

Porter eventually got out and complied with orders, placing his hands behind his back. He and a passenger were arrested.

The 11-year veteran recently signed signed a three-year, $17.5 million deal with the Arizona Cardinals. He also has played for Pittsburgh and Miami.

The Cardinals released a statement Saturday: "The team is aware of the incident. We are in the process of gathering all of the facts concerning it and won't comment further until that's completed."

Is it me or have there been a ton of players that were DWI this offseason so far?

Jets Insider VIP
    once a dolphag, always a dolphag

Proof positive that this guy's a scumbag :eek:

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3539584][URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5033849"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5033849[/URL]

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Authorities say NFL linebacker Joey Porter has been arrested in Bakersfield on suspicion of drunken driving and accused of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.

NFC West blog

Blog network: NFL Nation

The California Highway Patrol said Porter was confronted by officers early Saturday in a fast-food parking lot.

Porter, 33, refused to provide his driver's license and began to roll up his window when asked to leave the car. Police say that when an officer reached to unlock the door Porter slapped the officer's hand.

Porter eventually got out and complied with orders, placing his hands behind his back. He and a passenger were arrested.

The 11-year veteran recently signed signed a three-year, $17.5 million deal with the Arizona Cardinals. He also has played for Pittsburgh and Miami.

The Cardinals released a statement Saturday: "The team is aware of the incident. We are in the process of gathering all of the facts concerning it and won't comment further until that's completed."

Is it me or have there been a ton of players that were DWI this offseason so far?[/QUOTE]

It amazes me how many pro athletes live so recklessy, especially those that have kids themselves.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

You try not to laugh at something like this.

_

Assaulting a cop? We won't be seeing him again.
    Jolly Roger will have a blast with this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3539584][URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5033849"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5033849[/URL]

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Authorities say NFL linebacker Joey Porter has been arrested in Bakersfield [B]on suspicion of drunken driving and accused of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest[/B].

NFC West blog

Blog network: NFL Nation

[B]Porter, 33, refused to provide his driver's license and began to roll up his window when asked to leave the car. Police say that when an officer reached to unlock the door Porter slapped the officer's hand[/B].

Is it me or have there been a ton of players that were DWI this offseason so far?[/QUOTE]

Wow! this POS is above the law.(insert Pickard pic)

Veteran
    Lemme guess, he started off by. Saying "Do you know who I am?" After the cop asked for his license. What the hell is wrong with some of these players? Idiots

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3539626]You try not to laugh at something like this.

_[/QUOTE]

Maybe YOU try.

Unbelievable. These guys make millions and can't spend a few bucks on a chauffeur or a frigging taxi. He deserves a Plaxico type punishment as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=32green;3539626]You try not to laugh at something like this.
    [/QUOTE]

But then you do... A LOT:D

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=PoconoJetFan;3539775]Unbelievable. [B]These guys make millions and can't spend a few bucks on a chauffeur or a frigging taxi[/B]. He deserves a Plaxico type punishment as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    that would take away from their drinking or paying a stripper money:D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3540632]that would take away from their drinking or paying a stripper money:D[/QUOTE]

Or their "make this problem from Milledgeville, GA go away" payoff money! :D

[QUOTE=RageATL;3540644]Or their "make this problem from Milledgeville, GA go away" payoff money! :D[/QUOTE]

Lol...Ben's toast, done, spent, so over it's not funny. He won't play in 2010, mark my words. And now Santonio Holmes has been implicated in an assault. The Steelers are cooked.:yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3540649]Lol...Ben's toast, done, spent, so over it's not funny. He won't play in 2010, mark my words. And now Santonio Holmes has been implicated in an assault. The Steelers are cooked.:yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm not one to wallow in another team's misfortune (you listening, BBA7??? :P ), but I would have to agree with you there. The collossal douche Goodell is gonna make an example out of him much like he did with Plax, Vick, etc. given how he's pushed to clean up the league.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3540644]Or their "make this problem from Milledgeville, GA go away" payoff money! :D[/QUOTE]
    yeah, somehow i dont see that happening

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3540649]Lol...Ben's toast, done, spent, so over it's not funny. He won't play in 2010, mark my words. And now Santonio Holmes has been implicated in an assault. The Steelers are cooked.:yes:[/QUOTE]
    i think you might be right, and it would serve the dufus right.

[QUOTE=RageATL;3540656]I'm not one to wallow in another team's misfortune (you listening, BBA7??? :P ), but I would have to agree with you there. The collossal douche Goodell is gonna make an example out of him much like he did with Plax, Vick, etc. given how he's pushed to clean up the league.[/QUOTE]

yeah right rage.. you expect me to believe you..lol. ;). i am really surprised goodell hasnt already had a meeting with ben yet.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3540671]yeah right rage.. you expect me to believe you..lol. ;). i am really surprised goodell hasnt already had a meeting with ben yet.[/QUOTE]

I do secretly like when certain teams lose (but am obviously happy/vocal when any division teams lose), but I usually keep it to myself so I don't have to deal with backlash and retaliation from buddies. :D

Agreed, seems like he's taking his sweet ass time, but perhaps he's letting the investigation progress a little more.
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-29-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3540681]I do secretly like when certain teams lose (but am obviously happy/vocal when any division teams lose), but I usually keep it to myself so I don't have to deal with backlash and retaliation from buddies. :D

Agreed, seems like he's taking his sweet ass time, but perhaps he's letting the investigation progress a little more.[/QUOTE]
    why didnt he do that with others who have gotten in trouble????

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3540695]why didnt he do that with others who have gotten in trouble????[/QUOTE]

Didn't he wait a little bit before he chatted with Vick?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3540701]Didn't he wait a little bit before he chatted with Vick?[/QUOTE]
    i read somewhere that it was the nfl that got the FBI involved in the vick case. now if that is true, how strange is it that the NFL turned on one of their own.