Thread: Finally saw The Wrestler

Veteran

Finally saw The Wrestler

Never took the time to rent it, and finally stumbled across it on TV at the beginning. Wow, great flick. Mickey Rourke did a phenomenal job with the role.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Saw it on TV? Didnt Marisa Tomei get nekked in that flick?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Crease29 View Post
    Never took the time to rent it, and finally stumbled across it on TV at the beginning. Wow, great flick. Mickey Rourke did a phenomenal job with the role.
    I agree that Rourke was damn good in that movie. It was the type of movie where the acting performance was better than the movie as a whole. It was rather anti-climactic, which probably gave it more realistic weight, but you just felt bad for how pathetic that guy's life was. Good flick, but the kind you end up watching & enjoying by tripping upon while channel surfing. I think if you seeked it out it would be seem more disappointing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGERMIKE View Post
    Saw it on TV? Didnt Marisa Tomei get nekked in that flick?
    Yep!! And for 40 her body is amazing!

All Pro
    Still need to see this one. I just have a hard time with stuff like this sometimes though...the darker material is something I need to be in the mood for. I had to psych myself up to watch "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" recently for that very reason.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Still need to see this one. I just have a hard time with stuff like this sometimes though...the darker material is something I need to be in the mood for. I had to psych myself up to watch "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" recently for that very reason.
    Devil Knows you're Dead was a very good movie and the Wrestler is the type of movie you appreciate more after it is over andyou thing about it.

Mickey Rourke was very good.

Banned
    I'm very happy for Mickey Rourke. First this next he's going to be in a huge blockbuster Iron Man 2 and I heard he's playing the Iceman Richard Kuklinski in a biopic. Chuck Zito's playing Roy Dimeo. Should be the next Goodfellas.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Devil Knows you're Dead was a very good movie and the Wrestler is the type of movie you appreciate more after it is over andyou thing about it.

Mickey Rourke was very good.
    Def wanna give it a shot, but I have a feeling it'll be one of those "great flick that I'll never watch again" types, much like the recent "Hurt Locker."