Thread: Finally saw The Wrestler

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally saw The Wrestler

Never took the time to rent it, and finally stumbled across it on TV at the beginning. Wow, great flick. Mickey Rourke did a phenomenal job with the role.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it on TV? Didnt Marisa Tomei get nekked in that flick?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3539774]Never took the time to rent it, and finally stumbled across it on TV at the beginning. Wow, great flick. [B]Mickey Rourke did a phenomenal job with the role[/B].[/QUOTE]

I agree that Rourke was damn good in that movie. It was the type of movie where the acting performance was better than the movie as a whole. It was rather anti-climactic, which probably gave it more realistic weight, but you just felt bad for how pathetic that guy's life was. Good flick, but the kind you end up watching & enjoying by tripping upon while channel surfing. I think if you seeked it out it would be seem more disappointing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3539778]Saw it on TV? Didnt Marisa Tomei get nekked in that flick?[/QUOTE]

Yep!! And for 40 her body is amazing!:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still need to see this one. I just have a hard time with stuff like this sometimes though...the darker material is something I need to be in the mood for. I had to psych myself up to watch "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" recently for that very reason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3539872]Still need to see this one. I just have a hard time with stuff like this sometimes though...the darker material is something I need to be in the mood for. I had to psych myself up to watch "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" recently for that very reason.[/QUOTE]

Devil Knows you're Dead was a very good movie and the Wrestler is the type of movie you appreciate more after it is over andyou thing about it.

Mickey Rourke was very good.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very happy for Mickey Rourke. First this next he's going to be in a huge blockbuster Iron Man 2 and I heard he's playing the Iceman Richard Kuklinski in a biopic. Chuck Zito's playing Roy Dimeo. Should be the next Goodfellas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;3539974]Devil Knows you're Dead was a very good movie and the Wrestler is the type of movie you appreciate more after it is over andyou thing about it.

Mickey Rourke was very good.[/QUOTE]

Def wanna give it a shot, but I have a feeling it'll be one of those "great flick that I'll never watch again" types, much like the recent "Hurt Locker."