Thread: Top 5 at each position.

Top 5 at each position.

QB:

1 - Sam Bradford - The shoulder injuries suck, but Drew Brees and Chad Pennington had worse. This guy can play QB. He'd work best with a team that lets him sit a year.

2 - Jimmy Clausen - More like 1A. Tough QB who can throw the ball all over the field. If he were to be Aaron Rodgers'd then I think even the Pats might pick him to be their long term starter.

3 - Tim Tebow - I can't rank him any lower. This QB draft sucks.

4 - Tony Pike - Pike reminds me of Erik Ainge. This QB draft kinda sucks.

5 - It's between McCoy, LeFevour, or that Skelton guy who had a good Senior Bowl week or something iirc.

RB:

1 - CJ Spiller - Big time playmaker. 2nd best one in the draft behind Bryant.

2 - Jonathan Dwyer - He'll go in the first round to someone. Underrated, I think.

3 - Ryan Matthews - Might end up being the best back in the class. He's got the potential to be a workhorse.

4 - Jahvid Best - Concussion knock him down.

5 - Toby Gerhart - He's the Shonn Greene of this draft.

FB:

Rashawn Jackson then other guys who you can find out about using the google.

WR:

1 - Dez Bryant - Best player with the ball in his hands in this draft. Excellent at catching the ball when it's thrown in his general area. Plays all out, and can take over a game.

2 - Damian Williams - He's really athletic and really smart at this position. He's going to be a really good WR in the pros. Reggie Wayne 2.0. Understands the position.

3 - Golden Tate - Upside is somewhere between Lee Evans and Hines Ward, but it's nice. I like him, but I'm not dying for him in the first. Not as polished as the first two.

4: - DeMaryius Thomas - Great size and potential. Games not polished enough and his injury was bad timing. I think he ends up going in the 2nd. Earlier in the process was one of the biggest sleepers at the position.

TE:

1 - Jermaine Gresham - High end TE prospect.

2 - Rob Gronkowski - Another personal favorite that remains a sleeper. Could go in the 1st if someone was to go TE and Gresham was gone, but either way a very good TE prospect. Could be a Jason Witten type.

3 - Aaron Hernandez - He and Gresham are my picks to the Pats and Ravens.

4 - Anthony McCoy - Solid all around TE with some upside left.

5 - Between Dennis Pitta, Colin Peek, and Jimmy Graham. Pitta's a beast.

OL:

1 - Russell Okung - Duh.

2 - Bryan Bulaga - I think he could be a great LG, but tf do I know anyway?

3 - Trent Williams - Road grading LT prospect with the athleticism to become a good pass protector.

4 - Anthony Davis - Road grading prospect who could keep developing the pass blocking skills to be a pro LT.

5 - Mike Iupati - I'm being lazy and doing OL in general in this one. Awesome G prospect. Pouncey is pretty beast too.

3-4 DE:

1 - Ndamukong Suh - Beast. Not the "best prospectz everz" talk he's getting, but definitely a player.

2 - Gerald McCoy - Also very good.

3 - Terrence Cody - Can play it for a couple years at least. I can't wait to see what shape this guy comes into TC as. I hope its boxy, and I actually am optimistic about this one.

4 - Corey Wootton - Throw 20 pounds on him and you have close to a prototypical 3-4 DE. Either way, he's got a good frame and excellent athleticism for his size.

5 - Vince Oghobaase/Arthur Jones - Hell yea mf'ers!

3-4 OLB:

1 - Greg Hardy - I buy Greg Hardy. If he's healthy as a pro he's a steal wherever he's drafted.

2 - Brandon Graham - Like all these guys, probably won't start immediately and will have to adjust his game. Still, his motor and skills are excellent.

3 - Derrick Morgan - Underrated as a DE/OLB prospect.

4 - Everson Griffen - Might be the Vernon Gholston of this draft.

5 - Jerry Hughes - Really good player, slightly overrated.

3-4 NT:

1 - Terrence Cody - Obviously a massive dude.

2 - Dan Williams - He's going to have a nice career.

3 - Linval Joseph - Really good upside with this guy. Probably goes in the 4th.

4 - Cam Thomas - Great size, but somethings just off here. He's not as good as his offseason says he is.

5 - Al Woods - There's alot of room for this guy to grow into this position. Torrell Troup would also work.

CB:

1 - Eric Berry - Why won't anyone try him here?

2 - Joe Haden

3 - Kyle Wilson

4 - Patrick Robinson

5 - Kareem Jackson/Devin McCourty - I really like both.

S:

1 - Eric Berry

2 - Earl Thomas

3 - Nate Allen

4 - Taylor Mays

5 - Chad Jones

ST:

Jacoby Ford as a returner

Zoltan Mesko as a P.

Leigh Tiffin as the K.

All Pro
    Damn you gato, i was about to start the same thing myself!

QB:

1 - Sam Bradford - He's a fanchise QB. I don't know why there's so much resistance towards that notion
    2 - Jimmy Clausen
    3 - Tim Tebow - Everything but the mechanics
    4 - Colt McCoy
    5 - Zac Robinson - watch out for this guy. 2 years from now, he'll be starter

RB:

1 - CJ Spiller - Big time playmaker indeed
    2 -Ryan Matthews- not sure if he'll live up to the hype, but he'll be a workhorse for someone (we think too much alike sometimes. i sound gay using so many words i noticed you did as well)
    3 - Jahvid Best - Concussion are the only red flag
    4 - LaGarrett Blount - an absolute train that will plough through team's defenses
    5 - Joe McKnight - a true sleeper

WR

1 - Dez Bryant - Love this guy. love him. incredible athlete and will tear defenses apart.
    2 - Damian Williams the next steve smith to come out of USC, but with legit #1 upside
    3 - Carlton Mitchell - size, speed, skill, everything. he's got everything.
    4 - Golden Tate - I think he can complete a team's offense and wide receiving corps, and be a stand out possession receiver. I don't think he's the answer to a team seeking to find a spark though or be the savior for their attack.
    5: - DeMaryius Thomas - has all the measurables to be the best, but route running is suspect. sounds like a broken record, but it's that big of deal to me.
    I wanted to put Arellious Benn there at #5, but I just got this vibe from what I've seen from him that he's never going to reach his full potential. He'll be Michael/Mark Clayton (take your pick which one)

TE:

1 - Jermaine Gresham - Clearly an NFL caliber playmaker
    2 - Jimmy Graham - I don't think this guy is even a TE, but since thats the label he's got, so be it. This kid is going to destroy. TD machine. Ma-chine
    3 - Rob Gronkowski - this year's most complete TE. Injury concerns surround him though and drop him a spot
    4 - Aaron Hernandez - Looks great, but he can't block and i wonder how tapped he is physically
    5 - Ed Dickson - better blocker than Pitta and Dickerson is just a misplaced WR.

OT:

They're all tanks

1 - Russell Okung -
    2 - Bryan Bulaga -
    3 - Trent Williams
    4 - Bruce Campell
    5 - Anthony Davis

H. Mentions: Iupati and Pouncey are both top of their tiers

Defense i'll do tomorrow... too tired.
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-29-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Good call on Zac Robinson...reminds me of Clemens as a prospect.

I like Joe McKnight too, he's underrated.

Mitchell as your #3? Is it a "he's as good as anybody" thing?

I like D williams as my #2 as well but it seems we are in the minority vs almost every sinlgle analyst so far. A few of my friends also think he will be a bust and are SC fans as well...??! hmmmmmmm

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Thanks for that layout and viewpoint, SG.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Good call on Zac Robinson...reminds me of Clemens as a prospect.

Mitchell as your #3? Is it a "he's as good as anybody" thing?
    I actually really like what i've seen from Zac this offseason. everything from his senior bowl performance down to his workouts. He's not there yet, but under the right tutelage could become a serviceable guy.

Mitchell i've fallen in love with over the last month, and it seems his program tape is the only thing keeping him out of most top 5s.
    I see Lots of Roddy White in him

I'm going to skip the positions I don't have a real opinion on (like QB, where its Bradford, Claussen, and everyone else, as far as I'm concerned).

RB
    1 - Ryan Matthews. He'll be a better pro than Spiller.
    2 - C.J. Spiller. That's no small thing, because Spiller will be a very good pro.
    3 - Jahvid Best. He won't be the third back taken, but I think he'll be the third best of the bunch.
    4 - Jon Dwyer. I'm not that high on him, but he could be Derrick Ward.
    5 - Dexter McCluster. I'll put him down as a RB, since he'll play some. He's going to make an impact.

WR
    1 - Dez Bryant. Assembled from the "how to build a No. 1 WR" kit (complete with diva attitude)
    2 - Deymarius Thomas. Has Calvin Johnson upside.
    3 - Damian Williams. The safest of the WR class. Reminds me of Marvin Harrison.
    4 - Golden Tate. Can play the slot while he develops into a starter.
    5 - Mardy Gilyard. A playmaker with a higher floor than Benn.

All Pro
    I can't believe you're that big on Hardy still.. and you noticed you're only 4 WRs deep on your chart hey

Oh yea, my 5th WR is Gilyard.

Deymarius Thomas. Has Calvin Johnson upside.
    Disagree...CJ blows everyone away physically and his game was insanely more polished than Thomas coming out of school. CJ is one of the biggest physical freaks in combine history.

I can't believe you're that big on Hardy still.
    Greg Hardy's the sh*t man.

Don't see how Cody could play DE in the 3-4, hes extremely unathletic. Usually you have big men who are athletic playing that spot. Haloti Ngata is the biggest guy who plays DE and hes way more athletic than Cody and he doesn't even play DE that much, he plays DE/DT/NT.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post

Disagree...CJ blows everyone away physically and his game was insanely more polished than Thomas coming out of school. CJ is one of the biggest physical freaks in combine history.
    I was going to make a remark about his CJ comparison too, but it's monday, and i'm trying to start the week by not being a negative b*tch for once.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Don't see how Cody could play DE in the 3-4, hes extremely unathletic. Usually you have big men who are athletic playing that spot. Haloti Ngata is the biggest guy who plays DE and hes way more athletic than Cody and he doesn't even play DE that much, he plays DE/DT/NT.
    Cody's long term position is NT, but I think he could definitely hold his own as a 3-4 DE. His athleticism is underrated as hell based on being fat and his inability to run 40 yards in a straight line fast enough.

I was going to make a remark about his CJ comparison too, but it's monday, and i'm trying to start the week by not being a negative b*tch for once.
    Yea well...Pettigrew sucks.

All Pro
    you love him

All Pro
    Here's mine

http://www.resports.net/nfl-draft.html

Offense
    Quarterback
    1. Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame)
    2. Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)
    3. Tim Tebow (Florida)
    4. Colt McCoy (Texas)
    5. Tony Pike (Cincy)

Running Back
    1. CJ Spiller (Clemson)
    2. Jahvid Best (Cal)
    3. Ryan Matthews (Fresno St.)
    4. Montario Hardesty (Tennessee)
    5. Toby Gerhart (Stanford)

Wideout
    1. Dez Bryant (Ok. St.)
    2. Demaryius Thomas (Georgia Tech)
    3. Golden Tate (Notre Dame)
    4. Damian Williams (USC)
    5. Mardy Gilyard (Cincy)

Tight End
    1. Jermaine Gresham (Oklahoma)
    2. Dennis Pitta (BYU)
    3. Rob Gronkowski (Arizona)
    4. Jimmy Graham (Miami)
    5. Aaron Hernandez (Florida)

Tackle
    1. Russell Okung (Ok. St.)
    2. Bryan Bulaga (Iowa)
    3. Anthony Davis (Rutgers)
    4. Charles Brown (USC)
    5. Trent Williams (Oklahoma)

Guard/Center
    1. Mike Iupati (Idaho)
    2. Maurkice Pouncey (Florida)
    3. Mike Johnson (Alabama)
    4. Micah Petrus (Arkansas)
    5. Matt Tennant (Boston College)

Defense
    Corner
    1. Joe Haden (Florida)
    2. Kareem Jackson (Alabama)
    3. Kyle Wilson (Boise St.)
    4. Devin McCourty (Rutgers)
    5. Amari Spievey (Iowa)

Safety
    1. Eric Berry (Tennessee)
    2. Taylor Mays (USC)
    3. Earl Thomas (Texas)
    4. Reshad Jones (Georgia)
    5. Nate Allen (USF)

Defensive End 4-3 / 3-4 OLB
    1. D. Morgan (GT) / B. Graham (Mich)
    2. C. Dunlap (Fla) / S. Kindle (Texas)
    3. E. Griffen (USC) / J. Hughes (TCU)
    4. G. Hardy (Miss) / J. Worilds (VT)
    5. Pierre Paul (USF) / R. Sapp (Clemson)

Defensive Tackle 4-3 / 3-4 DE
    1. Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska)
    2. Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma)
    3. B. Price (UCLA) / T. Alualu (Cal)
    4. G. Atkins (Georgia) / L. Houston (Texas)
    5. J. Odrick (PSU) / A. Carrington (Ark St.)

Inside LB
    1. Rolando McClain (Alabama)
    2. Darryl Washington (TCU)
    3. Jamar Chaney (Miss St.)
    4. Pat Angerer (Iowa)
    5. Brandon Spikes (Florida) 3-4 only

Outside LB (4-3)
    1. Sean Witherspoon (Missouri)
    2. Daryl Washington (TCU)
    3. Jamar Chaney (Miss St.)
    4. Dekoda Watson (FSU)
    5. Navorro Bowman (Penn St.)

All Pro
    Good list. as per usual, the WRs will garner the most controversy. I'd rearrange your secondary listings, but other than that it's pretty solid