View Poll Results: So who's the better QB prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy Clausen

9 30.00%
  • Sam Bradford

21 70.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prospect Battle - Bradford vs. Clausen...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Prospect Battle - Bradford vs. Clausen...

What say you?

Edit: Wrong forum. Calling all mods.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-29-2010 at 12:17 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clausen and its not even close.

Better arm, better footwork, better on the field production.

Yea, he looks like a total douche and plays for ND, but the guy is a top 5 talent, EASILY.

Bradford had a questionable arm before two major shoulder injuries. The though of drafting him #1 overall is absolutely laughable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Clausen better. I hate Notre Dame, but Clausen has played in a pro style offense, has enough arm strength to make all the throws, is not coming off an injury, and I just think he looks more like a QB. Bradford looks very fragile to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I think Bradford's accuracy and clutch-ness put him ahead. Claussen's got the tools to be successful, but I wonder if he can put it all together. He's San Diego syndrome. He'll either be a Rivers or a Leaf...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford has a very bad release, and has numerous injury concerns, and I think Clausen is the total package. Bradford is a little overhyped, while Clausen is looking like he is underrated right now.

Clausen, easily.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we have a "both will not turn into anything special" option?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford is a better prospect... he's got the size, enough arm and most important accuracy you like to see. He's similiar in mechanics, size, arm strength and accuracy to Phillip Rivers and I believe he can be that type of QB in time in the NFL.

I like Clausen's arm and skillset... but let's be honest he padded his stats playing against poor defenses this year. Also Brady Quinn looked all world in college too playing in that same offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Bradford is a better prospect... he's got the size, enough arm and most important accuracy you like to see. He's similiar in mechanics, size, arm strength and accuracy to Phillip Rivers and I believe he can be that type of QB in time in the NFL.

I like Clausen's arm and skillset... but let's be honest he padded his stats playing against poor defenses this year. Also Brady Quinn looked all world in college too playing in that same offense.
    He also played with a garbage Oline and rarely had all of the weapons at the same time (injuries and whatnot).

I suggest that draft people read this article on walterfootball I found it very informative: http://walterfootball.com/jimmyclausenhate.php

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont think either of these prospects are all that amazing but Bradford is head and shoulders better than CLausen... according to every insider i've spoken to... that's everyone from college coaches, agents, refs, and NFL people... clausen is only better on the internez.

site note relevant to the Jets... people say Tate really helped Clausen... w/o tate he might not have been such a productive QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    Can we have a "both will not turn into anything special" option?
    +1

But Bradford>>>>Clausen

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The people who are now ripping on Bradford's arm remind me of the people who were ripping on Mark Sanchez's arm last year, and Matt Ryan's arm the year before that. There is no doubt that Sam Bradford has a strong enough arm to make all the throws. But for some reason people tend to fall in love with a JaMarcus Russell-esque cannon and overrate the arm strength aspect of it.

Add in that he's got way better accuracy, leadership abilities, and overall ability to read the field and I don't think it's even all that close. (Although the shotgun offense does give me some pause w/ Bradford).
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-29-2010 at 02:10 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    The people who are now ripping on Bradford's arm remind me of the people who were ripping on Mark Sanchez's arm last year, and Matt Ryan's arm the year before that. There is no doubt that Sam Bradford has a strong enough arm to make all the throws. But for some reason people tend to fall in love with a JaMarcus Russell-esque cannon and overrate the arm strength aspect of it.

Add in that he's got way better accuracy, leadership abilities, and overall ability to read the field and I don't think it's even all that close. (Although the shotgun offense does give me some pause w/ Bradford).
    Qft

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's not to like about Clausen?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    +1

But Bradford>>>>Clausen
    From what I've seen of them, Clausen seems to have better instincts and actually was asked to make reads in his offense. Bradford on the other hand was always told what to do for all of his reads. He reminds me so much of Alex Smith coming out...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez' arm strength was never really in question. Certainly not to the extent of Bradford or Ryan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Mark Sanchez' arm strength was never really in question. Certainly not to the extent of Bradford or Ryan.
    Oh, but it was definitely questioned...CB bashed the crap out of it IIRC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=64

http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=70

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    Sanchez can't throw the ball outside of 25 yards without his passes dying in the air- it was a constant on film and I saw the same thing on Sunday...not a fluke- pure reality...

I don't see much difference between between sanchez and lienart- except lienart's got a heisman trophy and NC to fall back on...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    is he a vertical QB?? and how was he in bad weather games such as Buffalo at home???

the one thing you can't measure, especially in a QB, is maturity....that's why Manning, Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez have done well while leinart, russell, etc have fallen flat on their face....

btw- I was not the only person who questioned sanchez' arm strength and said he'd be best off in a timing/west coast offense- and I'll take the company of those who said as much any day....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 03-30-2010 at 08:31 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's not to like about Clausen?
    His amazing inconsistency?

I agree with Mayock's comparison of Jimmy Clausen/Jake Plummer.

Good prospect, could be a solid starter for a number of years. But he's never going to be anything special IMO.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 03-30-2010 at 08:58 AM.