View Poll Results: So who's the better QB prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy Clausen

9 30.00%
  • Sam Bradford

21 70.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prospect Battle - Bradford vs. Clausen...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanJim View Post
    I like Clausen better. I hate Notre Dame, but Clausen has played in a pro style offense, has enough arm strength to make all the throws, is not coming off an injury, and I just think he looks more like a QB. Bradford looks very fragile to me.
    Sounds just like somebody the Browns drafted 3 years ago,doesn't it?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    His amazing inconsistency?

I agree with Mayock's comparison of Jimmy Clausen/Jake Plummer.

Good prospect, could be a solid starter for a number of years. But he's never going to be anything special IMO.
    agree 1000%....

Clausen is a starter at the next level- he's not a franchise QB...there's a difference....

he's also maxed out and is not a prospect that holds a great amount of upside....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    is he a vertical QB?? and how was he in bad weather games such as Buffalo at home???

the one thing you can't measure, especially in a QB, is maturity....that's why Manning, Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez have done well while leinart, russell, etc have fallen flat on their face....

btw- I was not the only person who questioned sanchez' arm strength and said he'd be best off in a timing/west coast offense- and I'll take the company of those who said as much any day....
    I'm not saying your predraft criticism was not valid or legitimate, but there is no shame in now saying that Sanchez's arm is no longer a concern. He was bad in the Buffalo game, but I'm not sure how much of that was attributable to his arm strength.

I remembered your criticism when I went to the Atlanta home game last year, which was pretty windy. Although the conditions were windy, Sanchez whipped a bomb to Edwards over 50 yards downfield into the wind and the pass was laid perfectly into Edwards's arms. I don't think Sanchez's arm will be a problem for him in the new stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I'm not saying your predraft criticism was not valid or legitimate, but there is no shame in now saying that Sanchez's arm is no longer a concern. He was bad in the Buffalo game, but I'm not sure how much of that was attributable to his arm strength.

I remembered your criticism when I went to the Atlanta home game last year, which was pretty windy. Although the conditions were windy, Sanchez whipped a bomb to Edwards over 50 yards downfield into the wind and the pass was laid perfectly into Edwards's arms. I don't think Sanchez's arm will be a problem for him in the new stadium.
    we''ll see..I hope I'm wrong and you're right....I'm bound to be off a tick on a few guys after analyzing 700 per draft...

then again I should be more concerned certain people (not you) are bookmarking my posts for more than a year and posting them at 5AM...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So one poster on JI thought Sanchez had a noodle so there was controversy?

I think the AFCCG proved that the guy has an excellent arm. The bomb to braylon was nothing more than a flick of the wrist and the threw a laser to Keller off his back foot while getting drilled.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBNY certainly wasnít the only one pre draft that was questioning Sanchezís arm. When the Jets moved up to get him I wasnít that thrilled, not because of what I had seen of him, I donít watch a lot of West Coast football, but because of the multiple opinions I had read criticizing his arm strength.

After watching him over the past season, I have no concerns about his arm strength. He can make every throw with authority

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was also a naysayer before the draft... thought Sanchez's arm was underpowered for the Meadowlands...

All I can say is that I was way off with that one.

When one of Sanchez's former WR's in college who also played with Leinart was asked about the differences between the 2 QB's...
    The very first thing he said was, "well no disrespect to Matt, but Mark has an absolute gun for an arm".

After watching Sanchez this year, I can see why he said that...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we''ll see..I hope I'm wrong and you're right....I'm bound to be off a tick on a few guys after analyzing 700 per draft...

then again I should be more concerned certain people (not you) are bookmarking my posts for more than a year and posting them at 5AM...
    No need to bookmark, it was very easy to find. No one is correct 100% of the time, so no need to be defensive either. You post a lot of opinions, a few are bound to be wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford over Clausen

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a compliment to your talent at scouting that people remember what you say on the topic. When someone who knows what they are talking about speaks, people listen.