Thread: Peter King's First Round Predictions (no particular order)

Veteran

Peter King's First Round Predictions (no particular order)

The 32 first-round picks ... with a couple of asterisks.

Over the last couple of weeks, as I prepare to stick my size 14s into Dr. Z's size-55 shoes for the second time as SI's mock drafter, I've been asking NFL people about the pool of picks. Not necessarily where the players are going, but who the 32 lucky college prospects will be. I solidified over the weekend what I'm thinking (subject to change, of course), so here are the 32 players I think have the best chance to go in the first round in 24 days:

Offense (17)

Quarterbacks (3): Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Tim Tebow.

Running back (2): C.J. Spiller, Ryan Matthews.

Wide receiver (2): Dez Bryant, DeMaryius Thomas.

Tight end (2): Jermaine Gresham, Rob Gronkowski.

Center (1): Maurkice Pouncey.

Guard (1): Mike Iupati.

Tackle (6): Russell Okung, Bryan Bulaga, Anthony Davis, Trent Williams, Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell.

Defense (15)

End/Outside linebacker (5): Derrick Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul, Brandon Graham, Sergio Kindle, Sean Weatherspoon.

Tackle (4): Ndamukong Suh, Gerald McCoy, Dan Williams, Jared Odrick.

Cornerback (3): Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty.

Safety (2): Eric Berry, Taylor Mays.

Inside/middle linebacker (1): Rolando McClain.

Most likely to fall out of the first round: T Bruce Campbell.

Most likely to be in the first round among those I didn't choose: S Earl Thomas.

Most likely to rise from obscurity on draft weekend: CB/Return man Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (Indiana, Pa.)

Veteran
    Can't believe he's not hearing that Earl Thomas is a lock to be a first rounder. Difficult to imagine him slipping past Dallas or us. I'm also growing less and less optimistic that Odrick is going to be available at 29 -- kind of like last year with Tyson Jackson.

If things pan out that way it will be VERY good for the Jets. 2 TE's being taken, Tebow being taken, 5 OTs being taken.

All Pro
    yaaaaaaaaa right. Earl Thomas is making it out of the first round is even less likely than Dez falling to us.

King, check your head foo