Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: JI 2010 Mock Draft rules and discussion...

No love for the Sapp pick? I was pretty shocked he was still around.

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    Clausen faced pressure, just never actually got it done.

McCoy faced pressure, and almost always gets it done.

Bradford faced pressure in his final season, and got seriously injured twice.
    Yea...Texas >>>> ND as a team.

Clausen got it done...didn't single handedly take his team to the NC or anything...but definitely made ND way more competitive than they coulda/woulda/shoulda been. It's not as if McCoy is the reason Texas went to the NC.

Just curiosity...what are you referring to when you say "got it done?"

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    It's not as if McCoy is the reason Texas went to the NC...

Just curiosity...what are you referring to when you say "got it done?"
    I'd say McCoy was one of the driving forces behind a lot of the team's success.

Comeback drives and making plays at the end of games, making big plays out of chaotic situations where you are seemingly a dead duck, etc. McCoy has been prolific at it throughout his college career more than anyone in this draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Really? I can't seem him going any earlier actually. You taking him was probably his "highest" stock point.

Nice pick on Cam Thomas. Don't think he'll ever become Ngata/Jenkins-esque, but a very solid and stout pro. Getting away with Mathews and Thomas for SD is thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I was a bigger fan of the Ducasse pick

He can end up with the Rams at 33 if the board falls right.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Really? I can't seem him going any earlier actually. You taking him was probably his "highest" stock point.

Nice pick on Cam Thomas. Don't think he'll ever become Ngata/Jenkins-esque, but a very solid and stout pro. Getting away with Mathews and Thomas for SD is thumbs up.
    I would've taken Cody and a RB later. Matthews might have been around at that point in the 2nd, too.

I read before that the Patriots might consider him in round 1, thought I doubt it'd happen.

All Pro
    Woody's hour is up... someone make a pick for him.

All Pro
    will do, i will

Okay Paradis is making this pick. From now on we should try and have one of our regulars that is not in the draft make these substitute picks. I was going to contact bitonti but Paradis has volunteered for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    I'd say McCoy was one of the driving forces behind a lot of the team's success.

Comeback drives and making plays at the end of games, making big plays out of chaotic situations where you are seemingly a dead duck, etc. McCoy has been prolific at it throughout his college career more than anyone in this draft.

And all that's well and nice...but he still played in a gimmicky offense and is maybe average all around physically...maybe average.

All Pro
    if bit's around, for sure have him. I was just pipping up to keep things going, but i like the neutral draft selector better

No you make this one. In the future I will contact people just before the time runs out. You go ahead and make this pick Paradis.

All Pro
    Come on, Paradis... just give him Jimmy Graham and let's get on with it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Come on, Paradis... just give him Jimmy Graham and let's get on with it.
    Hey! don't talk about my golden boy like that! (infact you shouldn't even be talking about him period per game rules)
    gato, you better pick him for the jets if he's still there. Colston of the future

internet hype makes us think some players won't be available when they totally will be.

Tate could easily go where he did. Hughes, Sapp, etc. Clausen to me is the only one so far that obviously would have been pegged off by a trade somewhere in the early 20s
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-01-2010 at 11:16 AM.

time for Beerlichick to start his 2nd round drafting spree LOL

All Pro
    internet hype makes us think some players won't be available when they totally will be.

Tate could easily go where he did. Hughes, Sapp, etc. Clausen to me is the only one so far that obviously would have been pegged off by a trade somewhere in the early 20s
    Yeah, Tate could fall that far if Thomas goes before him... But I don't think he will.

And Clausen has absolutely zero chance of falling to 30. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Yeah, Tate could fall that far if Thomas goes before him... But I don't think he will.

And Clausen has absolutely zero chance of falling to 30. None at all.
    If the draft was totally without trades Clausen could fall but someone would undoubtaly trade up for him.

Also, good thing you were here to make your pick because your pick did not follow the list you gave me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If the draft was totally without trades Clausen could fall but someone would undoubtaly trade up for him.

Also, good thing you were here to make your pick because your pick did not follow the list you gave me.
    Yeah haha I had a last minute change of thought. It doesn't really matter though, I like both players a lot. It wasn't an easy decision.

kdelgado is now the gm of Seattle taking over that team from me.