Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JI 2010 Mock Draft rules and discussion...

Try not to hit my picks until about 1 PM tomorrow...After that I'm pretty much free until Friday.

All Pro
    sweet pete, i must have left 2 seconds before he picked

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Don't know about that. I would have seriously considered Okung. Suh is the better player of that there is no doubt but I just hate when teams draft a franchise QB and then watch him get smacked all over the field for a few years until they build the o-line. This is why I love the way the Jets have built their team. o-line, running game, defense then last but not least QB.
    I agree with you in that its an intelligent move to take Okung. However, I think DET is more likely to land a franchise LT next year in the draft than they are at having another shot at someone of Suh's Caliber.

Cause let's face it, Okung isn't anything mindmelting. He's your classic top rated OT.

Jets Insider VIP
    no problem with somebody else taking my Rams pick.. I just got home for a Seder at midnight so I'm glad the thing got started without me...

I would have taken McCoy

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    no problem with somebody else taking my Rams pick.. I just got home for a Seder at midnight so I'm glad the thing got started without me...

I would have taken McCoy
    LOL, well it's a good thing you weren't around

Did you read up on Sam's proday

All League
    Nice pick for TJ and Chiefs. I am sure Tj is thanking you already Paradis

All Pro
    ya, i've got the impression that as the draft closes in, and the lustre wares off some of these sexy picks, Pioli and co. will go with their biggest need OT.

All Pro
    ..reallly mo? Berry for SEA.. ugh, CLE board just got scrambled

I sure as heck hope doggin PM'ed his picks to someone....

JPP at 7? Ugh...
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-30-2010 at 09:48 AM.

hey Gato, no mentioning players that haven't been picked yet! edit that post

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    hey Gato, no mentioning players that haven't been picked yet! edit that post
    Done...Man that pick really f's up this mock though...there's 0 chance of that happening on draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Done...Man that pick really f's up this mock though...there's 0 chance of that happening on draft day.
    you never know though. JPP is a freak. I'm sure someone will see Demarcus Ware in him and reach. I doubt it'd be Cleveland though since Holmgren is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I sure as heck hope doggin PM'ed his picks to someone....
    He didn't pm me. If we had got more than 7 picks done yesterday I was in favor of suspending the draft until thursday morning because of the passover that dogginit and a couple others mentioned.

What is the consensus here. Keep going with the draft or suspend it for two days and then come back hard Thursday morning. One one hand I don't want to be Goodell version and make a decision while these guys are away but on the other hand there is no way we will get 7 rounds done unless we pick up the pace.

Also I was thinking of shrinking the pick time limit from 2 hours to 1 hour. a) to speed things up and b) because past experience shows that if a person is away for 1 hour there is probably at least a 50% chance they will be away for the full two hours.

What do you guys think, suspend for 2 days or push on at the risk of ticking off some of the guys who said they would not be here for tuesday and wednesday and the fact I originally mentioned we might suspend the draft for those two days?

He didn't pm me. If we had got more than 7 picks done yesterday I was in favor of suspending the draft until thursday morning because of the passover that dogginit and a couple others mentioned.

What is the consensus here. Keep going with the draft or suspend it for two days and then come back hard Thursday morning. One one hand I don't want to be Goodell version and make a decision while these guys are away but on the other hand there is no way we will get 7 rounds done unless we pick up the pace.

Also I was thinking of shrinking the pick time limit from 2 hours to 1 hour. a) to speed things up and b) because past experience shows that if a person is away for 1 hour there is probably at least a 50% chance they will be away for the full two hours.

What do you guys think, suspend for 2 days or push on at the risk of ticking off some of the guys who said they would not be here for tuesday and wednesday and the fact I originally mentioned we might suspend the draft for those two days?
    why don't we just extend the time limits to like 4 hrs during passover? as far as 1 hr, that's a bit rushed. I log in from work, so usually during these drafts I'll check in randomly but usually never away past 2 hrs. 1 hr, I can be preoccupied working on something or out to lunch, so that's pretty short.
    Last edited by 49ersJetsfan; 03-30-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    How many times has that been said when Oakland is on the board? There are always a few real eye opening picks.

you never know though. JPP is a freak. I'm sure someone will see Demarcus Ware in him and reach. I doubt it'd be Cleveland though since Holmgren is in charge.
    It's not just because of Holmgren...why would Mangini take on another project DE/OLB with a top 10 pick? Especially in a draft that's very, very deep in tweeners? ESPECIALLY when there's CLEARLY better players on the board (which wasn't the case in '08)?

How many times has that been said when Oakland is on the board? There are always a few real eye opening picks.
    I highly doubt Cleveland is going to try to mimic Oakland on draft day.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-30-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Well, don't suspend it but if they're around they can make the pick.

If not, so be it.

No harm done. We'll resume after the holiday in a worst case scenario.

All League
    IMHO I think we should keep moving along, without the clock however. That way if we get to those that couldn't be here then at least we did what we could to keep ON PACE and they would not get mad that their pick was made for them.

I am not sure if this is even worth mentioning as I am not sure who besides dogginit can't make it so I am not sure what picks would jam us up.

Just a suggestion as I don't want to make any one mad either because I was fortunate to be involved thanks to Beer for surrendering a team to me

why don't we just extend the time limits to like 4 hrs during passover?
    Could do that except that dogginit has the next 2 picks and he seemed adamant that he would not be here at all for the two days. (I'm not educated on the meaning and significance of passover. I'm not sure if the observers are going to be away due to family commitments or if they are actually prohibited from doing certain things.)

Edit: Making it clear, we can't really move on until dogginit makes his two picks and he was the person to mention his non availability. If we decide to move on I will get one of the other regulars that are not in the draft like Bitonti perhaps to make those picks.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-30-2010 at 10:00 AM.