Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: JI 2010 Mock Draft rules and discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ..reallly mo? Berry for SEA.. ugh, CLE board just got scrambled
    They suck everywhere man, and saftey was a need too. Didn't want to reach on a tackle so I picked BAP at a need. You're just ticked that I took him from you lol

All League
    I am catholic and never heard of being prohibited from doing certain things except eating meat for Passover so I would venture to say that it is due to family obligations.

All League
    I like the pick Mo.....but I would have to agree that they have bigger concerns but I don't think they could really pass on Berry for all intensive mock purposes

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Done...Man that pick really f's up this mock though...there's 0 chance of that happening on draft day.
    oooook. JPP is consistently off the board by 10-12. It isn't that insane at 7. Drafts boards aren't being thrown into the garbage.

It's not just because of Holmgren...why would Mangini take on another project DE/OLB with a top 10 pick? Especially in a draft that's very, very deep in tweeners? ESPECIALLY when there's CLEARLY better players on the board (which wasn't the case in '08)?
    Clearly better? There's the other guy and thats about it. I decided no CB that early for them, so thats that. D-Line time. I like JPP's upside and potential and he'll have time to grow in CLE, that franchise isn't expected to win 12 games anytime soon.
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-30-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
    I like the pick Mo.....but I would have to agree that they have bigger concerns but I don't think they could really pass on Berry for all intensive mock purposes
    Agreed I never imagined he would be there and he presented too much value to pick need at that point. I was praying that Okung would somehow fall to me which would have been the easiest pick of all time.

Hall Of Fame
    Not a huge fan of the Berry Pick... but thats just me hating picking Safetys that high in the draft

ooooohhh Jesus. JPP is consistently off the board by 10-12. It isn't that insane at 7. Drafts boards aren't being thrown into the garbage.

Clearly better? There's Morgan and thats about it. I decided no CB that early for them, so thats that. D-Line time. I like JPP's upside and potential and he'll have time to grow in CLE, that franchise isn't expected to win 12 games anytime soon.
    They just traded wimbley too. I don't particularly like JPP, but the pick makes some sense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Could do that except that dogginit has the next 2 picks and he seemed adamant that he would not be here at all for the two days. (I'm not educated on the meaning and significance of passover. I'm not sure if the observers are going to be away due to family commitments or if they are actually prohibited from doing certain things.)

Edit: Making it clear, we can't really move on until dogginit makes his two picks and he was the person to mention his non availability. If we decide to move on I will get one of the other regulars that are not in the draft like Bitonti perhaps to make those picks.
    Lets just keep it going.. It's just a for-fun online draft. It's not like there's money and prizes and stuff. I wouldn't expect 2 dozen ppl to wait around for me for 2 days on a game of monopoly. Thats just silly.

ooooohhh Jesus. JPP is consistently off the board by 10-12. It isn't that insane at 7. Drafts boards aren't being thrown into the garbage.

Clearly better? There's Morgan and thats about it. I decided no CB that early for them, so thats that. D-Line time. I like JPP's upside and potential and he'll have time to grow in CLE, that franchise isn't expected to win 12 games anytime soon.
    Why do they absolutely HAVE to go DE? I can think of two players way better than JPP that are still on the board...they aren't DE's but Cleveland is looking for more than just DEs. They have needs at ILB, WR, DE, OLB, CB, S, RB...

And this is the NFL...a franchise can win 12 games quite soon if they do the smart things.

They have twelve picks...5 in the top 100...there's a far more sensible DE/OLB pick for them available later. Top 10 money to a developmental DE doesn't make any sense for them.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-30-2010 at 10:25 AM.

oooook. JPP is consistently off the board by 10-12. It isn't that insane at 7. Drafts boards aren't being thrown into the garbage.

Good thing Pettigrew wasn't available!

All Pro
    Why do they absolutely HAVE to go DE? I can think of two players way better than JPP that are still on the board...they aren't DE's but Cleveland is looking for more than just DEs.

And this is the NFL...a franchise can win 12 games quite soon if they do the smart things.
    The didn't HAVE to, but i'm the GM and I wanted to address the D-Line..

I really do think CLE will look very closely at JPP and the other guy, whether they go that direction or corner, i don't know, but to me, it's got to be one of those 2 scenarios.

The didn't HAVE to, but i'm the GM and I wanted to address the D-Line..

I really do think CLE will look very closely at JPP and the other guy, whether they go that direction or corner, i don't know, but to me, it's got to be one of those 2 scenarios.
    If the draft were to fall that way there's 4 guys they'd love and JPP is probably 4th...if he's even in those 4.

But you're correct...you're their GM in this mock...thanks for allowing better players to fall.

Okay we are going to move forward. I am going to make dogginits pick for oakland and senorgato will make his pick for Buffalo.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Good thing Pettigrew wasn't available!
    We put it a call in to DET

They have twelve picks...5 in the top 100...there's a far more sensible DE/OLB pick for them available later. Top 10 money to a developmental DE doesn't make any sense for them.
    They haven't won 12 games since being back in the league. Sure it's possible, but no one's holding their breath.

I get it, DE wouldn't have been your pick, but it's not outrageous pick. It just isn't. They drafted 2 WRs in the 2nd last year, and have an a$$ load of picks where there's plenty of WR value later on. They signed a couple LBs, and there'll be decent ones throughout.

Its not that wild. I had secondary or D-Line to address. I could reach at 7 for either, but i like my chances of you'll fall later vs what i can control now.

All Pro
    there's 4 guys they'd love and JPP is probably 4th...if he's even in those 4.
    I know who you're talking about i don't like them. (except 1, but he's not going here).

...You know it is possible for great players to be on the board that some GMs just don't like. I hate frank Gore for instance. wouldn't sign him if all we had was woodhead.

They haven't won 12 games since being back in the league. Sure it's possible, but no one's holding their breath.
    I'm sure they are...and as the Painting of the Wall showed us...history...especially sh*tty history...doesn't seem to mean much to the Cleveland regime.

It's not DE/OLB that I have a problem with...it's JPP...he's a one year starter in the Big East who came out of nowhere to get top 10 talk...it's not even as if he was all that amazing production wise in his one year.

Also, the WR available is better than anyone they have on their offense...way better and I like both Mass and Robiskie as pros. They used two picks on WRs last year...but I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting a legit #1 candidate that...unlike JPP...is pro ready.

All Pro
    I'm sure they are...and as the Painting of the Wall showed us...history...especially sh*tty history...doesn't seem to mean much to the Cleveland regime.

It's not DE/OLB that I have a problem with...it's JPP...he's a one year starter in the Big East who came out of nowhere to get top 10 talk...it's not even as if he was all that amazing production wise in his one year.

Also, the WR available is better than anyone they have on their offense...way better and I like both Mass and Robiskie as pros. They used two picks on WRs last year...but I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting a legit #1 candidate that...unlike JPP...is pro ready.
    Well some of you what say is true, but some if is just your personal preference. My old man is a die Browns fan, and thus i'm 2nd in line for all the crap he here's and stipulates. Word is CLE isn't going WR. They have as much interest in that as they do in a certain QB still hanging.

Oh man would Buffallo love for the draft to fall that way for them...Bryant + Evans + Lynch/Jackson will help make life easy for whoever QBs them. Too bad it's such a sh*tty market that Bryant will hate it after a year or two.

All Pro
    ^LOl, and i could say just as easily that there's no way BUF would balk on a signal caller that fell to them

^LOl, and i could say just as easily that there's no way BUF would balk on a signal caller that fell to them
    Hey, at least I gave them a consensus type 5 talent in the draft....I'm sure they'd find a way to build a QB with two WRs that good...Bryant's great value at 9 and a better prospect than Crabtree was last year.

JPP isn't even as good a prospect as the mega-bust Gholston....