Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JI 2010 Mock Draft rules and discussion...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

JI 2010 Mock Draft rules and discussion...

This thread will be for the rules of the draft and discussion of the draft as it progresses.

- Do not discuss picks that have not been made or players that have not been picked in this thread! Only discuss picks that have already been made or players that have already been picked.

- This is a full 7 round mock draft. You have a maximum of 2 hours to make your pick when you are on the clock so check these forums often. If you have not made your pick after the 2 hour limit someone else will make the pick for you. (The person making the pick will try to make a sensible pick for the team.)

- If you think there is a chance you will not be around when one of your picks comes due make sure you pm another person on the forums with a list of players you would like. If you don't send someone a list and you take longer than 2 hours you are SOL.

- The draft clock will be in effect from 9 am eastern to 10 pm eastern each day. Though you can still make picks anytime if it is your turn. There will not be a 2 hour clock on Easter Sunday but if people want to pick that day they can still do so.

- As soon as you make a pick, notify the next person on the draft list via pm that they are up next and on the clock.

- I once again encourage people to pick up my mock draft creator spreadsheet as it makes it much easier to follow the draft and know who has been picked. If you mistakenly pick a player who has already been picked then leave the site you are still subject to the 2 hour clock.

- We will commence the draft today (Monday, March 29th). We will be a little forgiving regarding the 2 hour clock to start since we have decided to start earlier than what I listed in a previous message.

- MAKE YOUR PICKS IN THE THREAD TITLED JI 2010 MOCK DRAFT BIG BOARD. I WILL UPDATE THE BOARD AS THE DRAFT PROGRESSES
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-29-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When's the draft? We should start like....now.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-29-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we are going to start right now, but have to give a little leeway to start as we are starting earlier than I first stated and on short notice.

SG3 is up and has been pm'd that it is his pick.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 03-29-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

Still hoping that one of the mods can sticky this thread for discussion and the big board thread as well. As has been stated no discussion in the big board thread. (Since I'm not a moderator I have no power to delete threads.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't we have a seperate drafting thread?

The big board thread is getting pretty filled with each teams list of picks already.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would anyone with two teams like to give one of their teams to gangGreeninsider? If so let me know and I'll add him and make the proper changes to the big board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming control of the St. Louis Rams for now. I think SG3 was under the impression that this was just a one round mock and he never responded to my posts in the other thread in this regard. I will relinquish control if he shows up or if another person is around sooner than later that wants to take the Rams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I am assuming control of the St. Louis Rams for now. I think SG3 was under the impression that this was just a one round mock and he never responded to my posts in the other thread in this regard. I will relinquish control if he shows up or if another person is around sooner than later that wants to take the Rams.
    Give them to GGI.

If not, I'd love file all their holes.

Weirdness intended.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    alright, we're off and running.

..it was the right pick for STL, no question.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would anyone with two teams like to give one of their teams to gangGreeninsider? If so let me know and I'll add him and make the proper changes to the big board.
    I know you already gave a team to GGI, but for future reference I'm willing to give up Dallas to another poster who would like in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Give them to GGI.

If not, I'd love file all their holes.

Weirdness intended.
    I was going to give it to GGI and I waited for a while but he was not on line. Woody has given up Green Bay to GGI.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to give it to GGI and I waited for a while but he was not on line. Woody has given up Green Bay to GGI.
    Gotcha.

I'm up for two if it comes down to it since I'd have selected Bradford as well

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Gotcha.

I'm up for two if it comes down to it since I'd have selected Bradford as well
    Okay, you've got St. Louis then. I'll make the changes. You will have to update your own draft board in the Big board thread.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, you've got St. Louis then. I'll make the changes. You will have to update your own draft board in the Big board thread.
    No problem.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Bradford pick was tough.

Real shot in the dark

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    who goes thirty hours without a dose of JI?? thats it.. i'm picking for DET in an hour.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    beat me to it venom.. but the pick was same

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No brainer of all no brainers....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    No brainer of all no brainers....
    Don't know about that. I would have seriously considered Okung. Suh is the better player of that there is no doubt but I just hate when teams draft a franchise QB and then watch him get smacked all over the field for a few years until they build the o-line. This is why I love the way the Jets have built their team. o-line, running game, defense then last but not least QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know about that. I would have seriously considered Okung. Suh is the better player of that there is no doubt but I just hate when teams draft a franchise QB and then watch him get smacked all over the field for a few years until they build the o-line. This is why I love the way the Jets have built their team. o-line, running game, defense then last but not least QB.
    I just considered Suh far and away the best prospect available at that spot, and it's hard for me to justify selecting there for need outside of the QB spot. I also still think there's room for them to address the O-Line later on if they so chose as well.