Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronald McDonald, evil do-er

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Ronald McDonald, evil do-er

[B]Geez who thinks this sh!t up...[/B]

By Julie Wernau Chicago Tribune March 28, 2010

Comments (6) Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine
    Buzz up!Twitter FarkIt Type Size A A A CHICAGO A coalition of health professionals, parents and corporate accountability advocates is calling for Ronald McDonald to retire as a spokesman for the nation's largest restaurant chain, saying he has too much influence on kids.

Corporate Accountability International, which has waged campaigns against bottled water companies and tobacco companies, said it plans to present the results of a survey Wednesday showing that most Americans agree.

The group will release the results at a lunch-time "retirement party" for Oak Brook, Ill.-based McDonald's Chief Happiness Officer, a 50-year veteran of the company, at the McDonald's restaurant at Chicago Avenue and State Street in Chicago.

The organization which was also behind the effort to retire Joe Camel from Camel cigarettes is inviting Chicagoans to sign retirement cards for the mascot at the McDonald's. The event is one of nearly two dozen similar ones to be held at McDonald's restaurants and colleges across the country that day, according to Corporate Accountability International spokesman Nick Guroff.

A spokeswoman for McDonald's said the company wasn't invited to the party, but said Ronald's role as a brand ambassador hasn't changed. It's to bring out the fun side of having meals with family and to promote an active lifestyle, she said.

"He is the heart and soul of Ronald McDonald House Charities, which lends a helping hand to families in their time of need," McDonald's told the Chicago Tribune in a written statement.

"Ronald also helps deliver messages to families on many important subjects such as safety, literacy, and the importance of physical activity and making balanced food choices," the company said. "That's what Ronald McDonald is all about, which our customers know and appreciate."

Subscribe to The Journal News

The group said the report features more than 200 photographs of "Ronald sightings" at schools and other child-focused events and aims to stop McDonald's from gearing its advertising toward children in light of what they called a "fast-food-industry childhood obesity crisis."

Guroff said other details of that study will not be made available until Wednesday.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop making me want to scream.

Thank you.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the other day, I heard they raised another 2 million dollars for the Ronald McDonald house.

Just how big of a house does this F*****g clown need, anyway?

:dunno:

-Props to Drake Sather, rip, 2004

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you've got 15 minutes to kill. Well worth it.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksmGnlxXL5s&feature=related[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7URxWTb6hE&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So its a clown that makes kid fat?

Parents= no accountability
    Corporate giants= take the fall

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3540356]So its a clown that makes kid fat?

Corporate giants= take the fall[/QUOTE]

So you're new to America, huh?

Welcome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/BIRDMAN811/evil.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://wigmaster.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/mcdonalds_is_evil.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://th131.photobucket.com/albums/p295/devo_man/BackUp%20MySpace/EvilRonaldMCdonald.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/Lum_Inara/JokerMcDonalds.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JetPotato;3540358]So you're new to America, huh?

Welcome.[/QUOTE]

What's next, someone is going to sue McDonald's for making kids fat?????????????????????????????????

Never mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the people that fund these groups should take a look in the mirror.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

EXACTLY! One of my brothers-in-law is actually on the board of directors for McDonalds and he was instrumental in getting them to offer more healthy choices like apples instead of fries in Happy Meals, 1% milk or apple juice instead of soda, salads, grilled chicken and the like. Problem is, parents usually cave to the screaming kids who want their fries and double cheeseburgers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Polidore, stop with the mean Ronald photos. Im starting to loose my craving for the usual "monday 3 supersized big mac value meals".

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's almost lunch time, it's raining cats and dogs, and now thanks to these posts you've got me seriously considering a 6-block walk to the nearest McDonald's. Big Macs rule!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I'm glad that Taco Bell dog died.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3540336][B]Geez who thinks this sh!t up...[/B]

By Julie Wernau Chicago Tribune March 28, 2010

Comments (6) Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine
    Buzz up!Twitter FarkIt Type Size A A A CHICAGO A coalition of health professionals, parents and corporate accountability advocates is calling for Ronald McDonald to retire as a spokesman for the nation's largest restaurant chain, saying he has too much influence on kids.

Corporate Accountability International, which has waged campaigns against bottled water companies and tobacco companies, said it plans to present the results of a survey Wednesday showing that most Americans agree.

The group will release the results at a lunch-time "retirement party" for Oak Brook, Ill.-based McDonald's Chief Happiness Officer, a 50-year veteran of the company, at the McDonald's restaurant at Chicago Avenue and State Street in Chicago.

The organization which was also behind the effort to retire Joe Camel from Camel cigarettes is inviting Chicagoans to sign retirement cards for the mascot at the McDonald's. The event is one of nearly two dozen similar ones to be held at McDonald's restaurants and colleges across the country that day, according to Corporate Accountability International spokesman Nick Guroff.

A spokeswoman for McDonald's said the company wasn't invited to the party, but said Ronald's role as a brand ambassador hasn't changed. It's to bring out the fun side of having meals with family and to promote an active lifestyle, she said.

"He is the heart and soul of Ronald McDonald House Charities, which lends a helping hand to families in their time of need," McDonald's told the Chicago Tribune in a written statement.

"Ronald also helps deliver messages to families on many important subjects such as safety, literacy, and the importance of physical activity and making balanced food choices," the company said. "That's what Ronald McDonald is all about, which our customers know and appreciate."

Subscribe to The Journal News

The group said the report features more than 200 photographs of "Ronald sightings" at schools and other child-focused events and aims to stop McDonald's from gearing its advertising toward children in light of what they called a "fast-food-industry childhood obesity crisis."

Guroff said other details of that study will not be made available until Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Well one thing's for sure....Ronald McDonald is a damn good advertising campaign. My son isn't yet 3 and I can't walk past this spanking new McD's, with a poster of Ronald in the window, without my son wanting to "Go to the place with the clown".

Now, I do not have the best diet in the world but my one saving grace is that I don't eat much fast food, and I hope to impart that to my kids. So, ya know what I'll do? Not go to them. I'm fairly sure that I can have more of an impact in my son's life than a poster of a clown. Granted, that poster may make my job a tiny bit harder, but hey, no one said life is easy.

Instead of these advocates trying to get McDonald's to get rid of Ronald for "Being too effective", why don't they spend their time on finding a character that will promote good eating for kids? How about Apple Andy? Can't be any goofier than Ronald.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3540455]Well one thing's for sure....Ronald McDonald is a damn good advertising campaign. My son isn't yet 3 and I can't walk past this spanking new McD's, with a poster of Ronald in the window, without my son wanting to "Go to the place with the clown".

Now, I do not have the best diet in the world but my one saving grace is that I don't eat much fast food, and I hope to impart that to my kids. So, ya know what I'll do? Not go to them. I'm fairly sure that I can have more of an impact in my son's life than a poster of a clown. Granted, that poster may make my job a tiny bit harder, but hey, no one said life is easy.

Instead of these advocates trying to get McDonald's to get rid of Ronald for "Being too effective", why don't they spend their time on finding a character that will promote good eating for kids? How about Apple Andy? Can't be any goofier than Ronald.[/QUOTE]

Im thinking you should dress up as these dudes
    [SIZE="5"]:banana::broccoli:[/SIZE]
    with a sign[SIZE="5"]:eatme:[/SIZE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3540457]Im thinking you should dress up as these dudes
    [SIZE="5"]:banana::broccoli:[/SIZE]
    with a sign[SIZE="5"]:eatme:[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hmmm....well I am just about to put the finishing touches on my new business plan..."Broccoli World"

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

Another victim............

who was gunned down in the name of political correctness and societal babysitting.............

[IMG]http://theimaginaryworld.com/box1010.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9EksAo5hY[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's face what's really happening here.

Ronald McDonald stands today as the most obvious symbol of corporate financial success in a capitalist society. All of those are considered dirty, evil words in this day and age. He might as well be Satan.

Word has it this group is eyeing the Hamburglar as Ronald's permanent replacement, along with an aggressive marketing campaign centered around him taking hamburgers away from the mean rich kids, then redistributing them served "OUR way!"