Thread: Meet your new favorite owner of a sports team...

Meet your new favorite owner of a sports team...

[url]http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=rvERznyHppS0Jkb5N_Q2cdk8lclGSFzj&vs=homepage&[/url] play=true

This guy is my idol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow - if he would have waited to sell his interests in the mining operations in Russia like 3 months, he'd a been flipping burgers at Moscow's Micky D's

[QUOTE=Peebag;3540580]Wow - if he would have waited to sell his interests in the mining operations in Russia like 3 months, he'd a been flipping burgers at Moscow's Micky D's[/QUOTE]

But he's not, so now dude gets to live it up. Lucky SOB.

He's got "Russian Supervillain" written all over him. I read his bio in a feature in BusinessWeek today and it sounded like the prologue in a Bond film.

[QUOTE=pauliec;3540833]He's got "Russian Supervillain" written all over him. I read his bio in a feature in BusinessWeek today and it sounded like the prologue in a Bond film.[/QUOTE]

He seems more interested in getting laid and doing cool stuff than taking over the world, but I suppose eventually the very rich and powerful can get very bored.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3541039]He seems more interested in getting laid and doing cool stuff than taking over the world, but I suppose eventually the very rich and powerful can get very bored.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, if you read the article there are some big time warning signs in there... he talks about his high-up political connections, why he bought Nets (he likes to be in charge of something weak and inferior), the fact that he rarely sleeps and challenges other guys in his office to a game of hoops in the hallway (he hung a backboard on the wall in the office).

He's a supervillain.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3541071]I don't know, if you read the article there are some big time warning signs in there... he talks about his high-up political connections, why he bought Nets (he likes to be in charge of something weak and inferior), the fact that he rarely sleeps and challenges other guys in his office to a game of hoops in the hallway (he hung a backboard on the wall in the office).

He's a supervillain.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry - owning the Nets will bankrupt him.

All Pro
    Hes going to buy every free agent. The luxury tax is a joke to him.

[QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;3541509]Hes going to buy every free agent. The luxury tax is a joke to him.[/QUOTE]

Probably just Amare Stoudamire. :yes:

What he will do is have that lottery rigged so that John Wall is a Net...hopefully.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3547894]Probably just Amare Stoudamire. :yes:

What he will do is have that lottery rigged so that John Wall is a Net...hopefully.[/QUOTE]

They are going to get really good....really fast. They have young building blocks, cap flexibility, and likely either Turner or Wall.

[QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;3547930]They are going to get really good....really fast. They have young building blocks, cap flexibility, and likely either Turner or Wall.[/QUOTE]

Brook Lopez = Tim Duncan 2.0. :yes:

I sat through this year for that very reason...they'll be a marquee franchise within 3 years.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3547961]Brook Lopez = Tim Duncan 2.0. :yes:

I sat through this year for that very reason...they'll be a marquee franchise within 3 years.[/QUOTE]

With the hopeful turnaround of both the Knicks and Nets, basketball will not only become relevant again, but become HUGE again in the New York area. I can't wait until early November.