Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Bradford just killed his workout..

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I dont think anyone questioned his skills. What I question is can he take a hit. I saw him get pounded on his shoulder and miss a few weeks. He came back, got hit on that shoulder again, and immediately headed for the sideline.

    All of us here are familiar with bad shoulders. Do you take that risk?
    not to get all bottled up in one workout but the thing is this- he effectively completed a lot of skills today he was never asked to accomplish at OU and made a lot of NFL type passes he was never required to throw in college.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I like sam bradford. On that Rams team, with a mediocre at best OL, no wr to throw to and 2 shoulder injuries, playing his home games on a rug on a concrete slab... he's a 50 million dollar piece of toast.
    +1

    Rams are in a position to build up a mean defensive front 7 by getting BOTH Suh and Cody in this draft. Switch to a 3-4 and help Long and Carriker improve. They should do it and try to win every game 10-7 next year rather than throwing Bradford into a buzzsaw.

    And I think Bradford will be a good QB in the NFL but he is going to be set up for failure in STL.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    +1

    Rams are in a position to build up a mean defensive front 7 by getting BOTH Suh and Cody in this draft.
    yeh- that's what the Rams are pineing for....Jimmy Kennedy part deuax...

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    yeh- that's what the Rams are pineing for....Jimmy Kennedy part deuax...
    Oh I'm sorry I forgot to account for your sensitivity and bash Cody because he's not a thin Nose Tackle who runs a 4.3 40 and does x amount of jumping jacks at the combine.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO...

    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I forgot to account for your sensitivity and bash Cody because he's not a thin Nose Tackle who runs a 4.3 40 and does x amount of jumping jacks at the combine.
    nah..just using common sense and past history- neither which ever play a part in any of your posts...

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    +1

    Rams are in a position to build up a mean defensive front 7 by getting BOTH Suh and Cody in this draft. Switch to a 3-4 and help Long and Carriker improve. They should do it and try to win every game 10-7 next year rather than throwing Bradford into a buzzsaw.

    And I think Bradford will be a good QB in the NFL but he is going to be set up for failure in STL.
    1. It's not that easy. It's not like Cody and Suh will both just jump into the league, dominate, and everyone will live happily ever after.

    2. He's got a young OL that's more talented than it's being credited for here, a top RB, a young WR in Avery, and a team with more picks than the #1 pick to grab him more weapons like a TE and another WR. They could easily go Bradford in 1 Hernandez/Gronkowski in 2, Tennant in Round 3 (kick Brown to RG), and suddenly that offense doesn't look so empty if everyone buys into playing their best.

    Bradford to the Rams makes a whole lot of sense if they buy that he can stay healthy as a pro...Not to mention that new ownership would love to give the franchise a face.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just can't help but be skeptical of any QB from the Big 12 from a spread offense because...well majority of them have sucked. The track record just isn't very good.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I just can't help but be skeptical of any QB from the Big 12 from a spread offense because...well majority of them have sucked. The track record just isn't very good.
    I went back 20 years and could only find 2 First Round Picks (As a QB) from the Big 12. And those were Vince Young, and Josh Freeman. One was a rookie last year on an awful team (Who wasn't even all that good a college player), and one is a mobile QB. No real great comparison for Sam Bradford in there.

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like
    My biggest concern would be the durability of that injured shoulder in particular (and his overall durability in general). That he has rehabbed himself so well is admirable, but what happens the next time he gets pancaked shoulder-first by a 300 lb DE? Is there any scar tissue in that rotator cuff? Is he at extra risk of tendinitis in that shoulder? What will the effect of heavy repetition be? Lots of reasons to be concerned with a top-5 draft pick, let alone #1 overall.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford over Clausen for me

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    1. It's not that easy. It's not like Cody and Suh will both just jump into the league, dominate, and everyone will live happily ever after.

    2. He's got a young OL that's more talented than it's being credited for here, a top RB, a young WR in Avery, and a team with more picks than the #1 pick to grab him more weapons like a TE and another WR. They could easily go Bradford in 1 Hernandez/Gronkowski in 2, Tennant in Round 3 (kick Brown to RG), and suddenly that offense doesn't look so empty if everyone buys into playing their best.

    Bradford to the Rams makes a whole lot of sense if they buy that he can stay healthy as a pro...Not to mention that new ownership would love to give the franchise a face.
    1. Yes it's not that easy but you have to start somewhere. D'Brick and Mangold weren't all pro right off the bat (ok, Mangold was excellent from the start). If the Rams got a legit DE and NT they could put together a solid 3-4 with Carriker and Long who have both been severely misused so far.

    2. Top OL that has Jason Smith, a guy who for all accounts has been a disappointment so far who can't stay on the field.

    Donnie Avery is a top young WR? Calvin Johnson, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, Kenny Britt, Michael Crabtree - those are top young wr's.

    Bradford will be fine as a QB but he's going to be setup for failure next season with a horrific O-line and bad receivers not to mention the Rams defense will continue to blow. Not to mention if Jason Smith continues to be MIA Bradford's shoulder may get reinjured. 2-14 here they come.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did I call Avery a top young WR? He's a good, young WR...there's alot of those now.

    I agree that Cody is going to be a good player. I also think he'll make an impact as a rookie. I believe he'll be playing at 330-340.

    Bradford would be fine at QB there. All they have to do is draft a C, they have two T's and one of them's going to play LT (it's not Alex Barron), Bell and Brown would be fine Gs, but first you have to get a C to move Brown out to G. Avery + a TE prospect + another WR would be part of their draft.

    Their offense will rely a whole lot on Steve Jackson anyway....oh yea...they'll probably grab a RB to help him run behind that OL.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-31-2010 at 07:42 PM.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Where did I call Avery a top young WR? He's a good, young WR...there's alot of those now.

    I agree that Cody is going to be a good player. I also think he'll make an impact as a rookie. I believe he'll be playing at 330-340.

    Bradford would be fine at QB there. All they have to do is draft a C, they have two T's and one of them's going to play LT (it's not Alex Barron), Bell and Brown would be fine Gs, but first you have to get a C to move Brown out to G. Avery + a TE prospect + another WR would be part of their draft.

    Their offense will rely a whole lot on Steve Jackson anyway....oh yea...they'll probably grab a RB to help him run behind that OL.
    +1

    My perception is that St. Louis's problems on offense was a combination of poor health and age (young and old)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us