Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradford just killed his workout..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Bradford just killed his workout..

were I making the pick I take Suh but I can't imagine the Rams not taking Bradford after the passing workout I just witnessed....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    how did you witness it? you live down there (would explain your political diatribes ).

I'm not surprised. Like I saying in the other thread, Bradford is a franchise QB and has the tools. ppl just love to have a goat to hang.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a really good prospect and guys have come back from bigger, badder shoulder injuries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford completed a perfect 50-of-50 passes at the Sooners' Monday Pro Day.
    He was also jacked up in terms of his build. Pro Days are intended to make players look as good as possible, but Bradford was as sharp as can be, exhibiting a quick release, plenty of velocity on throws outside the numbers, and outstanding accuracy. We noticed just one throw behind his intended target (Jermaine Gresham still gathered it in), and he delivered one wobbler on a 40-yard slant-go. Rams GM Billy Devaney was undoubtedly impressed.
    Source: John E. Hoover on Twitter
    http://twitter.com/johnehoover/status/11257479064

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like our boy last year on his pro day

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    how did you witness it?
    if I tell you I'd have to kill you..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ker/index.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ball didn't drop during Sam Bradford's pro day

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 29, 2010 12:58 PM ET
    Well, we watched our very first pro day on the internets Monday.

By all early accounts, Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford had a nice day. As we'd expect.

Bradford reportedly completed 49-of-50 passes. He was only off target once, but tight end Jermaine Gresham still made the catch. One pass wobbled, but Bradford's long passes were on target and showed good arm strength.

Look, we know pro days are made to make players look good. And we'll wait for smarter minds to chime on on Bradford's performance to see what they say.

You can't learn much from an online feed, but it didn't appear that anything that happened Monday would discourage the Rams from taking Bradford, if that's how they are leaning.

St. Louis will get another up-close look at Bradford's throws three days before the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fords-pro-day/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only read half the title and I thought it was going to say Bradford killed his stock today or something. What a relief.

And as I've said all along, as long as Bradford proved his health, he was going to be the #1 overall pick. It's a QB driven league, and unless you have one, you can't pass a legit QB prospect up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like sam bradford. On that Rams team, with a mediocre at best OL, no wr to throw to and 2 shoulder injuries, playing his home games on a rug on a concrete slab... he's a 50 million dollar piece of toast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rams really do need a franchise QB, if they believe that Bradford is that man they need to take him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I like sam bradford. On that Rams team, with a mediocre at best OL, no wr to throw to and 2 shoulder injuries, playing his home games on a rug on a concrete slab... he's a 50 million dollar piece of toast.
    If they draft him, there's no fuggin way they can play him this season.

As tough as it is to pay him that kinda money, they'll kill him doing it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily the Rams have a top running back, they've put a ton of money into their OL (a young unit), and play in a dome to help him out.

I think he'd work extremely well in a dome...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason Smith, Jacob Bell, Jason Brown, Hank Fraley, Alex Barron has the potential to be a very good O-Line.

I do agree in that I'd like to see them get another receiver though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's a 50 million dollar piece of toast.
    Lol, maybe so, but politically and business reasons alike, you can't not take him. Its how the cards fell. The Rams can blame themselves for waiting till 2010 to pull the trigger, but regardless they have no other choice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    If they draft him, there's no fuggin way they can play him this season.

As tough as it is to pay him that kinda money, they'll kill him doing it.
    you said it in that post... it will rip them up inside to cut those game checks to a dude holding a clipboard.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Lol, maybe so, but politically and business reasons alike, you can't not take him. Its how the cards fell. The Rams can blame themselves for waiting till 2010 to pull the trigger, but regardless they have no other choice.
    They had Bulger and a Ryan Leaf protege.

They thought they had their guy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Bradford better than any QB last year, and when he decided to stick it out in school, I was pretty upset for the Jets (I was hoping they'd trade up and take him).

That being said, Mark looks like the real deal, and Stafford's show against the Browns already has me rooting super hard for the kid to succeed.

Stafford is going to make some NFL team very happy for the next 15 years. Unfortunately, the Rams have the arduous task of figuring out whether they want to build a fun, strong offense that will keep fans entertained, or a stout defense that may eventually win them a superbowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    if I tell you I'd have to kill you..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ker/index.html
    Not if this guy gets a hold of you first!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for Bradford, hopefully the Rams snatch him up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think anyone questioned his skills. What I question is can he take a hit. I saw him get pounded on his shoulder and miss a few weeks. He came back, got hit on that shoulder again, and immediately headed for the sideline.

All of us here are familiar with bad shoulders. Do you take that risk?