Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamarcus Russell weighs in at 290 lbs. at OTA's

Jamarcus Russell weighs in at 290 lbs. at OTA's

[URL="http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/60836/jamarcus_russell_one_coach_says_his_body_is_transformed;_one_report_has_him_at_290_lbs"]http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/60836/jamarcus_russell_one_coach_says_his_body_is_transformed;_one_report_has_him_at_290_lbs[/URL]

[B]JaMarcus Russell: One Coach Says His Body is Transformed; One Report Has Him at 290 Lbs[/B]

Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell reported to offseason training activities at 290 pounds, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports via Twitter.

"Two people reported that Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell returned to Oakland and tipped the scales at 290 pounds. At least he was under 3 bills," Schefter tweeted on Friday. Russell's playing weight last season was about 260 pounds.

Earlier reports had Russell, who is known as much for his lack of offseason preparation as for his disappointing in-season performance, reporting in at 271. MSNBC reports that many people in the organization immediately doubted that report.

This report sheds some light on why Raiders owner Al Davis, who has been an ardent Russell supporter, is now considering trying to obtain Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Earlier this month, Raiders director of squad development told the Oakland Tribune that Russell had transformed his body in the offseason.

Youll be surprised when you see him, Brown said just two weeks ago. Its quite a bit of weight that hes lost . . . I dont want to pin it down and say how much he lost but it will be a significant difference when you see him compared to last year.
    The most important thing is hes getting in shape. Not only losing weight, but getting in shape. Hes watching his diet, he has special meals brought in that hes eating, and we have one of the Raiders, a former player there with him to monitor him and make sure things are going fine. The weight thing, hell get it down. Hell get it down.

290? I bet they meant 390. Maybe even 400.

Russell's a POS.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3540565]290? I bet they meant 390. Maybe even 400.

Russell's a POS.[/QUOTE]

How excited would you be if JaMarcus was our QB?

Honestly...

And would you still defend him if he continued to act like the lazy, self important millionaire who hates his job?

The sad thing is 290 is an improvement for him, at least he's under 3 bills.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3540565]290? I bet they meant 390. Maybe even 400.

Russell's a POS.[/QUOTE]

Disgrace on the professional grade.

the Raiders franchise is the comedy that keeps on comedying.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3540567]How excited would you be if JaMarcus was our QB?

Honestly...

And would you still defend him if he continued to act like the lazy, self important millionaire who hates his job?[/QUOTE]

Gato's the new BrooklynBound, he'll just take the contrarian view on everything whether he believes it or not.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3540560]Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell reported to offseason training activities at 290 pounds, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports via Twitter.

"Two people reported that Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell returned to Oakland and tipped the scales at 290 pounds. At least he was under 3 bills," Schefter tweeted on Friday. Russell's playing weight last season was about 260 pounds.
    -----
    Youll be surprised when you see him, Brown said just two weeks ago. Its quite a bit of weight that hes lost . . . I dont want to pin it down and say how much he lost but it will be a significant difference when you see him compared to last year.
    The most important thing is hes getting in shape. Not only losing weight, but getting in shape. Hes watching his diet, he has special meals brought in that hes eating, and we have one of the Raiders, a former player there with him to monitor him and make sure things are going fine. The weight thing, hell get it down. Hell get it down.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something here? :dunno:

Why is brown saying he's lost quite a bit of weight, if he's showing up 30llbs more than last year!?!?

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/nflnyjets/raiders_suck1.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3540594]Am I missing something here? :dunno:

Why is brown saying he's lost quite a bit of weight, if he's showing up 30llbs more than last year!?!?[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been 260 since he signed that contract. Like I said before, 290 is an improvement for him in he's actually under 3 bills.

Oakland needs a do-over.

A once proud, revered and feared franchise is now the laughing stock of the NFL.

Sad...

Bright spot: Al Davis has to kick the bucket some day.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    They should get Mcnabb, then they will have 2Qb's that could talk about what could have been.

[IMG]http://bentcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/jamarcus.jpg[/IMG]

they see me rollin
    they hatin

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3540601]They should get Mcnabb, then they will have 2Qb's that could talk about what could have been.[/QUOTE]

Uh. McNabb's issue has never been lack of caring or trying, as far as I know.

I'm sure McNabb, like most players would be disgusted with the way Russell is squandering his talent. Maybe having a true #1 QB would help Russell, but I doubt it.

Apparently, only the Burger King helps Jamarcus Russell

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    maybe russell feels he is entitled b/c of his talent. therefore, feels like he shouldnt have to workout and do what he wants b/c he was a #1 draft pick :dunno:

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3540642]maybe russell feels he is entitled b/c of his talent. therefore, feels like he shouldnt have to workout and do what he wants b/c he was a #1 draft pick :dunno:[/QUOTE]

I'll take your word for it.

You know what it's like to have a QB that thinks they're bigger and badder than they really are.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=morite;3540600]Oakland needs a do-over.

A once proud, revered and feared franchise is now the laughing stock of the NFL.

Sad...

[B]Bright spot: Al Davis has to kick the bucket some day.[/B][/QUOTE]

One would think this would have happened long ago. Nope, he just keeps getting older and keeps getting creepier (cue the creepy Al pic from the press conference).

Jets Insider VIP
    please someone tell me they have a picture of this fat slob @ 290

[QUOTE=RageATL;3540648]One would think this would have happened long ago. Nope, he just keeps getting older and keeps getting creepier (cue the creepy Al pic from the press conference).

[img]http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/Al%20Davis.png[/img][/QUOTE]

:O