Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone willing to trade for Adam Carriker?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone willing to trade for Adam Carriker?

Carriker has been a disappointment (bust??) and has fallen our of favor in St. Louis. He was hurt last year and when he returned he was demoted to 2nd string. The story out of St. Louis is that they want to move him.

He's got the size/strength to play DE in a 3-4...
    and would fill a need and provide some much needed depth.

Asking price would be relatively low, heck we might even be able to unload an unwanted player like Gholston or Clemens... well that might be dreaming... :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    F*ck yeah. I'd take him or Anthony Montgomery.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Supposedly the Jets really liked Carriker when he came out.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tanny gets involved in talks if the asking price is something like a 4th or 5th rounder.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, why not?

Rex has a pretty solid reputation for restoring lackluster defensive careers before and last season did a lot w/o Jenkins and "no name" D-lineman (excluding Ellis).

Not sure what he's worth though.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORFE7j1IAs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PORFE7j1IAs[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. For that bag of french fries.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    gholston for carriker straight up otherwise no

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Carriker still, but why are people assuming he's even available? There was one rumor that the Redskins called and asked about him. I'm sure these type of calls happen all the time, doesn't mean a team is actively looking to trade him.

Surely, for the minimal compensation he'd bring at this point, they're just better off holding onto him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;3540582]gholston for carriker straight up [/QUOTE]

plus we throw in a 7th rounder!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember coming out that Adam Carriker was touted as a prototypical 3-4 DE. To my knowledge the Jets were interested at that time.

Carriker's been miscast in Steve Spagnuolo's 4-3 alignment and he also spent much of last season injured.

I doubt the Jets can get him for anything less than a first day pick, but if he's available for say a 4th or 5th I would love to add him....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Gholston straight up otherwise no. He sucks and was overrated coming out of college. Granted he's been misused by STL he still has shown nothing as a pro.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;3540911]I remember coming out that Adam Carriker was touted as a prototypical 3-4 DE. To my knowledge the Jets were interested at that time.

Carriker's been miscast in Steve Spagnuolo's 4-3 alignment and he also spent much of last season injured.

I doubt the Jets can get him for anything less than a first day pick, but if he's available for say a 4th or 5th I would love to add him....[/QUOTE]

agreed...I'd give up a fifth....Scott Linehan had him play in a quasi NT position the prior year and he's been totally misued....injured as well...far from the sure thing but worth a late rounder plus St Louis has a history of underachieving d-linemen, which lends to the belief it's more than just the player....

then again after Bradford's workout today I doubt they trade any d-linemen...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is it the exact same threads with the exact same posts by the exact same people are on both Jets Insider and Jets Nation websites?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would give them a 2011 5th IF,IF he makes the team in 2010 and IF he plays X-amount of snaps.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell yes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing in that video is that the as the commentators analyze the #13 pick, the zipper on the bottom show's Kiper's Best Available w/Brady Quinn#1, #2 Leon Hall, . . . #5 Joe Staley, #6 Lawrence Timmons, [B]#7 David Harris[/B], #8 Anthony Spencer, [B]#9 Darelle Revis[/B]!:eek:

We [I]all know[/I] what happened next @ #14 w/Carolina on the clock:D

[IMG]http://www.scoresreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Darrelle-Revis.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Gholston trade is a good idea, I always thought everyone would have been better off if the draft order was reveresed with VG to the Rams and AC to the Jets, I think the Rams were 2nd and Jets were 4th that year...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember being disappointed when Carriker came off the board at 13 to the Rams. I believe the Jets had Carriker and Revis as their targets that year. With Carriker off the board and the Steelers drafting right after the Panthers, the Jets made the move up to select Revis.
    Amazing how Carriker a former High School QB has grown into a DT. I would not mind seeing what he can do at the Right End position in the 3/4.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ohio State NY Jets fan;3541199]the Gholston trade is a good idea, I always thought everyone would have been better off if the draft order was reveresed with VG to the Rams and AC to the Jets, I think the Rams were 2nd and Jets were 4th that year...[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!?!?:huh:

Rams were 13th in '07 and drafted Carriker, Jets traded to #14 and got Revis

Rams were 2nd in '08 and drafted Chris Long, the Jets #6 and drafted Gholston

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ohio State NY Jets fan;3541199]the Gholston trade is a good idea, I always thought everyone would have been better off if the draft order was reveresed with VG to the Rams and AC to the Jets, I think the Rams were 2nd and Jets were 4th that year...[/QUOTE]

1. They weren't even in the same draft.

2. It's really only a good trade idea for us, and that's not how teams make trades. We'd also still take the cap hit when/if the cap comes back in a trade like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade would be a bad idea...

Carriker is awful. Forget the injuries, he just has zero strength at the point and he's not that great at getting off blocks.

He was bad at Nebraska and he's a bust as a pro. He can ABSOLUTELY NOT play inside in any team. He played end at Neb and shows little feel for the short area fighting that goes on inside.