Thread: Phone Support: teh SUCK!

Jets Insider VIP

Phone Support: teh SUCK!

Called Toro with what I thought was a pretty straightforward question (Can I connect 2 valves to 1 zone on the timer?). Took 20 minutes to explain to a phone jockey, during which time I got several answers to questions I had not asked.

So extra flexibility I built into the system (which I never used) is biting me in the butt. Mondays suck. :mad:

You haven't lived until you've tried to troubleshoot a hardware problem with Dell's spectacular India-based phone support.

Never again.

[IMG]http://thugtooth.net/images/india_phone_3.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3540631]You haven't lived until you've tried to troubleshoot a hardware problem with Dell's spectacular India-based phone support.

Never again.

[IMG]http://thugtooth.net/images/india_phone_3.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh you mean the guy with the accent so heavy you can't understand him but insists his name is Bill? :P

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3540631]You haven't lived until you've tried to troubleshoot a hardware problem with Dell's spectacular India-based phone support.

Never again.

[/QUOTE]

You were not happy with your service, Mr. Vinny ??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Never again.

[IMG]http://thugtooth.net/images/india_phone_3.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

We are done with Dell as well.

Crappy equipt. then the insult of the foreign service....

[QUOTE=quantum;3540639]Oh you mean the guy with the accent so heavy you can't understand him but insists his name is Bill? :P[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

"Hellooo, me name ees Bisujaksha, butch jew keen cawl me "Bill"."

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3540667]Exactly.

"Hellooo, me name ees Bisujaksha, [B]butch jew[/B] keen cawl me "Bill"."[/QUOTE]

FF2?

Oh, Scotch Jew.

:D

[QUOTE=32green;3540662]We are done with Dell as well.

Crappy equipt. then the insult of the foreign service....[/QUOTE]

I sold it on Craigslist and gladly lost $200 on the transaction.

Found a great US company that hand assembles using high-quality components. It's called Velocity Micro and they're base in Richmond, VA. Great local tech support. Can't recommend them enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=quantum;3540621]Called Toro with what I thought was a pretty straightforward question (Can I connect 2 valves to 1 zone on the timer?). Took 20 minutes to explain to a phone jockey, during which time I got several answers to questions I had not asked.

So extra flexibility I built into the system (which I never used) is biting me in the butt. Mondays suck. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Yes...u can connect two valves to one timer, given that the transformer(unless the valves are 110v) has enough oomph to open the valve...which I shouldn't see why it wouldn't, unless you have a huge lawn with 10 different zones.

We are talking lawn sprinklers here, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3540754]Yes...u can connect two valves to one timer, given that the transformer(unless the valves are 110v) has enough oomph to open the valve...which I shouldn't see why it wouldn't, unless you have a huge lawn with 10 different zones.

We are talking lawn sprinklers here, right?[/QUOTE]

PK to the rescue!:thumbup:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3540754]Yes...u can connect two valves to one timer, given that the transformer(unless the valves are 110v) has enough oomph to open the valve...which I shouldn't see why it wouldn't, unless you have a huge lawn with 10 different zones.

We are talking lawn sprinklers here, right?[/QUOTE]

yes

Right now 1 timer zone = 1 valve=2 heads. They're those tiny little 3/4" Toro valves. The annoying phone lady said no - there wouldn't be enough voltage to control 2 valves with 1 timer connection. I had planned on rebuilding the manifold anyways down the road, but I may accelerate that timetable.

All the timers I've looked at have 3 programs only. WTF? jeez, you'd think nonvolatile RAM was so expensive! :rolleyes: