Thread: Question regarding Ambulance Bill

Question regarding Ambulance Bill

Hey all, looking for some information on this subject if anyone could help me out. Recently I received a ride in an ambulance to the ER. I received the bill for the ambulance ride in the mail, but it has the wrong name on it. It has my last name and address correct, but not my first name. My question is this, would my insurance company dispute paying any of that bill because of the wrong name? Or additionally, since they have the wrong name and do not have my SSN, which was missing from the bill, what would happen if I did not pay the bill?
    I know that the bill would get sent to a collection agency, possibly accruing interest and affecting my credit score. But how would this happen if they do not have my correct information?

Thanks in advance.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ambxc22;3540942]Hey all, looking for some information on this subject if anyone could help me out. Recently I received a ride in an ambulance to the ER. I received the bill for the ambulance ride in the mail, but it has the wrong name on it. It has my last name and address correct, but not my first name. My question is this, would my insurance company dispute paying any of that bill because of the wrong name? Or additionally, since they have the wrong name and do not have my SSN, which was missing from the bill, what would happen if I did not pay the bill?
    I know that the bill would get sent to a collection agency, possibly accruing interest and affecting my credit score. But how would this happen if they do not have my correct information?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

call your insurance company and see if they received the bill...this is been happening to me regularly lately- if they don't receive payment within an hour the hospital/doctor sends me the bill....

it could be the insurance company is processing the claim and has just not paid it yet...could also be the hospital is hoping for the greater of the two payments (yours vs. insurance companies)...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ambxc22;3540942]Hey all, looking for some information on this subject if anyone could help me out. Recently I received a ride in an ambulance to the ER. I received the bill for the ambulance ride in the mail, but it has the wrong name on it. It has my last name and address correct, but not my first name. My question is this, would my insurance company dispute paying any of that bill because of the wrong name? Or additionally, since they have the wrong name and do not have my SSN, which was missing from the bill, what would happen if I did not pay the bill?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, your insurance company would dispute the bill with the wrong name. My son was treated in an ER and his date of birth was off by a single day in the record. Payment denied until the error was rectified. The ambulance company will bill you directly until payment is rendered from some source.

BTW I misread the thread title, thought this was about Ambulamps.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    do not pay the bill until you have contacted your insurance company. if they have no record of a ambulance bill for you then you need to call the ambulance service and have them correct any errors and re submit the claim. insurance companies usually only allow so many days for a claim to be submitted to them and when its past that deadline, you are the one stuck paying the bill even though it was someone else's mistake. also, another note, stay on top of this so you dont get stuck paying. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3540957]

BTW I misread the thread title, thought this was about Ambulamps.[/QUOTE]

lolz