Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant's Pro Day

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I don't see the 40 time as necessairily all that big a deal, people knew he wasn't a speedster from Day 1. He's still an incredible WR prospect though.

I'd be more concerned about the dropping of a couple balls.
    I'm more concerned with the fact he said he does not like to run slant routes. Which I think he means he does not like to get hit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    If you want a BIG WR for the Jets who has a chance to be a BIG ELITE at the next level, you might be in luck at 29 precisely because Demaryius Thomas has been unable to workout and Dez Bryant is sliding

Oh and for those who say Demaryius Thomas is a huge project because he played at GT where they don't run a pro set offense, well, maybe you can remind me where Calvin Johnson played college football?
    Valvin Johnson did not play for Robinson. Johnson played in a completley diffrent offense

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    FYI his 3 cone was atrocious they say... in the 7.2 area.

and he forgot his shoes? cmon. I dont know which is worse, that's a lie and he's slow or that's true and he's a dumb-@ss.

;ets not forget he hasn't played football since Sept 19, it's not like he's got a really busy schedule

top 10? i dont even want him at 29. He's a mess waiting to happen.

And why would he lie about forgetting his shoes? The 40 time is so valuable that he has to give the "I'm not as fast without my shoes" excuse?

Again...Crabtree was expected to run around the same area...he didn't run at all. Also I have no clue what him not playing since September has with him remembering his shoes today...
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-30-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/11310103323

Twenty teams expected to attend today's workout for Oklahoma St. WR Dez Bryant. Last week, Bryant clocked a 4.32 in the 40-yard dash.

Found this on footballsfuture. Maybe he remembered his cleats that day?

38-vert and 11'1 broad jump today too...I heard.

Stop overvaluing 40 time...I'm surprised that a total of 0 people mentioned that 40 times seem down this year...or at least some down from what they "should be."
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-30-2010 at 08:48 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a bloody disaster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I have no clue what him not playing since September has with him remembering
    his shoes today...
    he was suspended. he didn't run at indy. he moved his pro day. he showed up at adam pac man jones pro day. he ran kinda slow and claimed he lost his shoes.

it's a trend... and it goes downward

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    BIG GAFF on my part ... I stand corrected
    You're still the man ham

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he was suspended. he didn't run at indy. he moved his pro day. he showed up at adam pac man jones pro day. he ran kinda slow and claimed he lost his shoes.

1. It's a trend if you're looking for it to be a tred.

2. He didn't run at Indy with a whole lot of top prospects who came up with a "hamstring injury."

3. So?

4. Again, so? He also talked to Deion Sanders and got suspended for it. I doubt he went to the Pac Man pro day to get Pac Man's thoughts on how to f*ck up a promising NFL career.

5. When did the shoes become an excuse he made? He just said he forgot his shoes. Must you dig so low for a knock? I guess it shows unprofessional habits or something, but the thing is he plays WR extremely well.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-31-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but VERY fixable...

Put him around some vets, he'll shape up.

We aren't talking about lethargy addiction or drugs here, we're talking lapses of judgment and some less-than-smart decision making.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HEMPSTEAD View Post
    Yes, but VERY fixable...

Put him around some vets, he'll shape up.

We aren't talking about lethargy addiction or drugs here, we're talking lapses of judgment and some less-than-smart decision making.
    Maybe he will. You really have to question the intelligence of some of these players who do things right before the draft that can leave them in a bad light. for a team that has had a Brandon Marshall or Terrel Owens head ache in the past these things do raise questions and drop draft stock. (I'm not saying he is either Owens or Marshall.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only 3 guys who haven't been diva prospects but were legit elite prospects were AJ, CJ, and Fitzgerald. Everyone else came with similar talk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. It's a trend if you're looking for it to be a tred.
    i dont understand why the suspension is glossed over

the dude broke rules, lied about it and was lost for most of the year

that's not something the NFL will easily forget about

people bring up crabtree... that dude broke his foot and played on it in the bowl game. at least ya know he's committed... whether he ran or not...

meanwhile bryant got suspended for lying about dinner with deion. where's his head at? no one really knows.

you bring up AJ, CJ and fitz the reason why they went top 5 was because they were great but also so steady as people

dez bryant... yes he's great on the field... but at this point i'd be shocked if he went top 5 or top 10 like everyone said he would... he's done nothing to help his stock... he's basically only hurt it for about a year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    This is like forgetting to wear a suit to an interview. Interesting to see if the Jets do anything if this guy slips.
    To be fair, if its a phone interview, its not quite as bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont understand why the suspension is glossed over
    Because you're pretty much the only one who buys that talking to Deion Sanders was some act of evil.

the dude broke rules, lied about it and was lost for most of the year
    The dude talked to a former pro about his future career.

that's not something the NFL will easily forget about
    No, that's not something you'll easily forget about.

people bring up crabtree... that dude broke his foot and played on it in the bowl game. at least ya know he's committed... whether he ran or not...
    But he didn't run...and you know how almighty and all encompassing a 40 time is.

meanwhile bryant got suspended for lying about dinner with deion. where's his head at? no one really knows.
    Apparently his head is trying to break into the pros...he's put on 15 pounds over the past 2 years...he dined and sought advice from a former NFL legend...got suspended for it but such is the NCAA....

you bring up AJ, CJ and fitz the reason why they went top 5 was because they were great but also so steady as people
    True.

dez bryant... yes he's great on the field... but at this point i'd be shocked if he went top 5 or top 10 like everyone said he would... he's done nothing to help his stock... he's basically only hurt it for about a year.
    Probably true, but Crabtree spent all of last offseason doing everything he could to kill his stock and still went top 10. Talent is talent is talent...and he's still a better football player than most of these guys in this draft...

Also, nothing on the 4.32 Schefter said he ran last week? Nothing about his 11'1 broad jump? Or 38 inch vertical? I thought workouts were really a big deal?
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-31-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Dez Bryant forgot his cleats. Idiot.
    No biggie. Ray Romano forgot his golf clubs for a lesson with Hank Haney.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because you're pretty much the only one who buys that talking to Deion Sanders was some act of evil.
    the NFL has dumb rules just like the NCAA has dumb rules

not being able to adhere to those rules is a problem

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    does not sound like the smartest apple.

Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant lashed out at his skeptics to the Associated Press following his Tuesday Pro Day, insisting the criticism "has gone too far" and saying "he ain't never got in trouble with nobody."

"I don't say anything wrong to nobody. I'm friendly. This...is too far," he said. "Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football? ... Y'all don't want me to go to the NFL? It is going to happen. God blessed me to have this ability to play this game. ... I feel like I'm going through the same situation Randy Moss did." He also defended Pacman Jones. "Why down talk the man?" Bryant said of Pacman. "The man did everything right."

right

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep it coming, let that sweet sweet dez slide down to 29

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    keep it coming, let that sweet sweet dez slide down to 29
    So if he were to slide, to say, NE.

What then

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dez would be great if he stops acting like a mini-Terell Owens.