Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dez Bryant's Pro Day

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Dez Bryant's Pro Day

Schefter..

Initial reports on Dez Bryant's 40-yard dash are not encouraging. One scout in attendance texted that Bryant clocked an unconfirmed 4.57.
    Thats good news.. maybe the slimmest of chances now he falls closer to us. the slimmest

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crabtree was rumored to run the same thing last year, except he never ran at all.

Also, it's probably best to wait for the official.

If anything, this will help fuel Bit's fire up until it gets put out on draft day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    If anything, this will help fuel Bit's fire up until it gets put out on draft day.
    i dont know how I ended up the dez bryant hater... my original position was he's not worth an elite pick for attitude and measurable reasons... i stand by that position... the dude is gonna fall... the question is how far...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Updating a previous item, Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant posted forty times of 4.52 and 4.68 at Tuesday's private workout in his hometown of Lufkin, Texas.
    Bryant ran a third time of 4.52 due to the discrepancy between the first two times.
    He also dropped some passes early in drills before settling down and "getting into the flow." Though Bryant's game tape remains elite, the forty times are mediocre and may do nothing to stem the tide of his slipping draft stock. He remains likely to be the first receiver off the board, however.
    Source: NFL.com
    I don't see the 40 time as necessairily all that big a deal, people knew he wasn't a speedster from Day 1. He's still an incredible WR prospect though.

I'd be more concerned about the dropping of a couple balls.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    i missed on this one...for some reason i thought bryant had pushed his workout back....

perrish cox is also working out today...thus far weighed in at 191, 4 less than the combine, and did 12 reps on the bench...

george selvie ran in th elow 4.9's about an hour ago....workout still in session...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    If you want a BIG WR for the Jets who has a chance to be a BIG ELITE at the next level, you might be in luck at 29 precisely because Demaryius Thomas has been unable to workout and Dez Bryant is sliding

Oh and for those who say Demaryius Thomas is a huge project because he played at GT where they don't run a pro set offense, well, maybe you can remind me where Calvin Johnson played college football?
    I agree with about Thomas being a plum pick for the Jets but night and day comparing the GT Jackets of Calvin Johnson who ran a pro-style offense under Chan Gailey, versus the paul johnson option attack GT now runs...in many ways you could argue it really undervalues Thomas as it did not display his true talents...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and for those who say Demaryius Thomas is a huge project because he played at GT where they don't run a pro set offense, well, maybe you can remind me where Calvin Johnson played college football?
    Those teams only have one similarity and that's the helmets they put on.

Gailey is our problem now. If he had a QB, he could probably do some damage up in Buffalo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dez Bryant forgot his cleats. Idiot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a BIG WR for the Jets who has a chance to be a BIG ELITE at the next level, you might be in luck at 29 precisely because Demaryius Thomas has been unable to workout and Dez Bryant is sliding

Not to be a smart ass or anything but Calvin Johnson played at GT from 2004 - 2006 under Chan Gailey (now head coach for the Bills). Gailey ran his version of the spread that required receivers to run the entire route tree, option routes, etc.

Demaryius Thomas played under Paul Johnson who converted the offense in 2007 to the triple option. Thomas basically ran two routes...the go (vertical) and the WR screen. He even admitted that in an interview.

You just can't make that comparison...they come from the same school but completely different offenses.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

from PFT

Dez Bryant forgot his cleats
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2010 3:01 PM ET
    As it turns out, Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant showed up on time for his Pro Day workout.

His cleats, however, didn't make the trip.

We're told that Bryant forgot to bring his cleats, and that as a result he had to wear a pair of brand-new shoes, which had not properly been broken in.

As a result, Bryant was slipping, as NFLN's Mike Mayock pointed out when discussing the workout on the air.

Per a league source, at least one team measured Bryant's times in the 40-yard dash at 4.57 and 4.62 seconds, within the 4.52 to 4.68 range reported by NFL.com. He presumably would have run faster, but for the slipping.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok i gotta ask what kind of dope forgets his cleats on what is probably the biggest day of his life so far?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    ok i gotta ask what kind of dope forgets his cleats on what is probably the biggest day of his life so far?
    This is like forgetting to wear a suit to an interview. Interesting to see if the Jets do anything if this guy slips.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Dez Bryant forgot his cleats. Idiot.
    WHAT? lol What a door knob. At least he has a bail out excuse though eh?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is Michael Westbrook 2.0.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    perrish cox 4.45 with the wind and 4.57 into the wind.....better than the combine but still not great...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    nate allen reinjures his quad and does not run again....no running marks at combine and none today...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Calvin Johnson was the biggest freak at WR since Randy Moss. The guy is 6'5 230 and he ran a 4.38 at the combine.

The dope who realizes it's a lock that the "so far" in your sentence is definitely perfectly true. On draft day he'll have another biggest day of his life...then TC...then preseason...then opening day...and so on.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 03-30-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dope who realizes it's a lock that the "so far" in your sentence is definitely perfectly true. On draft day he'll have another biggest day of his life...then TC...then preseason...then opening day...and so on.
    which draft day? thurs or fri? it would have been nice to remember his shoes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    which draft day? thurs or fri? it would have been nice to remember his shoes
    The one the first ten picks are in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one the first ten picks are in.
    FYI his 3 cone was atrocious they say... in the 7.2 area.

and he forgot his shoes? cmon. I dont know which is worse, that's a lie and he's slow or that's true and he's a dumb-@ss.

;ets not forget he hasn't played football since Sept 19, it's not like he's got a really busy schedule

top 10? i dont even want him at 29. He's a mess waiting to happen.