Thread: Trade 29th Overall Pick to Chargers...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade 29th Overall Pick to Chargers...

Reading Cimini's prediction of the Jets possible picks convinced me that they should trade out of the First Round. I mean Odrick, Wooten? They're 2nd round talent. Please, no fricken Free Safeties in the 1st round... too risky, not enough reward. Iupati and Bryant will be long gone.

So here's my suggestion:

Jets trade the 29th pick and their 7th rounder (236) to the Chargers for their
    2nd rounder (40), 3rd rounder (91) and 5th rounder (159)

The Chargers, who have lost a couple of starters this off-season, would have back-to-back picks in the 1st round to fill some needs, notably RB, CB, and D Line.

The Jets would then have these picks:

2 (40) Golden Tate?
    2 (61) Odrick here better/maybe a OLB
    3 (91) OLB or CB
    4 (124) RB/KR maybe
    5 (155) now a Safety
    5 (159) DL
    6 (198) OL

What the Jets do with the 40, 61, & 91, who knows? but I think you can get similarly talented players at 29 and 40... and the get extra picks as well.

your comments...
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 03-30-2010 at 01:57 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it, but when I read the thread title I thought you were talking about trading Leon

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    I like it, but when I read the thread title I thought you were talking about trading Leon
    sorry. you're right, I could see that. Mods, can you clarify the title?

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think we go with someone like tate first round and all D and Oline the rest of the draft Leon is on his way out it seems if not this year than next so me do need another scat mack type and Golden tate would fit the bill plus i dont think woodhead is anything but a great practice player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    both Odrick and Tate would be gone by the time we pick.

I don't think gaining a late 3rd round pick (and moving from 7th to 5th) would be worth dropping from the 1st round to late 2nd.
    Last edited by Gastineau99; 03-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    problem with that is both Odrick and Tate would be gone by the time we pick.
    That's ok. This is a very deep draft. There will be someone else then... I just hate to see the Jets reach for a player, when they can get a player of the same draft value at 40.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SackDancer99 View Post
    both Odrick and Tate would be gone by the time we pick.

I don't think gaining a late 3rd round pick (and moving from 7th to 5th) would be worth dropping from the 1st round to late 2nd.
    Look again. We'd be moving from 29th to early 2nd at 40. definately worth it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Reading Cimini's prediction of the Jets possible picks convinced me that they should trade out of the First Round. I mean Odrick, Wooten? They're 2nd round talent. Please, no fricken Free Safeties in the 1st round... too risky, not enough reward. Iupati and Bryant will be long gone.

So here's my suggestion:

Jets trade the 29th pick and their 7th rounder (236) to the Chargers for their
    2nd rounder (40), 3rd rounder (91) and 5th rounder (159)

The Chargers, who have lost a couple of starters this off-season, would have back-to-back picks in the 1st round to fill some needs, notably RB, CB, and D Line.

The Jets would then have these picks:

2 (40) Golden Tate?
    2 (61) Odrick here better/maybe a OLB
    3 (91) OLB or CB
    4 (124) RB/KR maybe
    5 (155) now a Safety
    5 (159) DL
    6 (198) OL

What the Jets do with the 40, 61, & 91, who knows? but I think you can get similarly talented players at 29 and 40... and the get extra picks as well.

your comments...

I like the idea Tate may be there, no way will Odrick will be there. I hope Odrick makes it to 29.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    I like the idea Tate may be there, no way will Odrick will be there. I hope Odrick makes it to 29.
    Odrick doesn't excite me. If we take him, we'd be leaving a couple of OLB and WR's on the board. I'd prefer to trade down.