Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Report: Raiders' first pick in demand

  1. #1

    Report: Raiders' first pick in demand

    http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...d/Default.aspx

    Hmmm, think Tanny is up to his old tricks?

  2. #2
    No.

    That would be horrific.

  3. #3
    I hope not. Pick 8 IMHO is no man's land (too much of a reach to grab players we could use, not soon enough to land one of the top players like Suh or McCoy).

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,182
    don't think that the 58 and the 32 are enough for the 8, frankly


    has to be a team with a lower pick and one that is more desperate.... maybe New England

  5. #5
    It can't possibly be us. No way would the raiders take our ultra low 2nd this year plus a likely low 1st next year for the #8 pick...

  6. #6
    A team wants Clausen ahead of the Bills.
    How about the Redskins.
    They would get Clausen and the Offensive Tackle they need.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by caster View Post
    A team wants Clausen ahead of the Bills.
    How about the Redskins.
    They would get Clausen and the Offensive Tackle they need.
    Al Davis hates Shannahan...would probably not do a trade with him even if it helped the Raiders.

  8. #8
    That would be a sweet deal for the Jets depending on if they could do it on draft day. If one of a few players fell to that spot I'd make that trade for the Jets easily. I agree with people saying it is not enough though.

  9. #9
    What if its the Skins because Shannahan covets Bradford?

    They could than package there two picks at 4 and 8 to move up to 1.

    Probably not enough for Al Davis to do it anyway.

  10. #10
    I doubt our LATE 2nd, and what we would hope to be a LATE 2011 1st would be enough to get us up that high even if we wanted to. It would have to be a team willing to give up a Top 40 or so pick to replace the one they'll likely send to Philly for McNabb, IMO.

    Nevermind, outside of Eric Berry (Who will likely be gone even at 8), I don't see any obvious player for us to target there.....and it's not exactly easy to justify trading up that high to take a position that many people feel shouldn't go in the Top 10 anyways (I strongly disagree, but that's not the point here)....are we going to trade up for Dez Bryant? I have a hard time seeing that.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I doubt our LATE 2nd, and what we would hope to be a LATE 2011 1st would be enough to get us up that high even if we wanted to. It would have to be a team willing to give up a Top 40 or so pick to replace the one they'll likely send to Philly for McNabb, IMO.

    Nevermind, outside of Eric Berry (Who will likely be gone even at 8), I don't see any obvious player for us to target there.....and it's not exactly easy to justify trading up that high to take a position that many people feel shouldn't go in the Top 10 anyways (I strongly disagree, but that's not the point here)....are we going to trade up for Dez Bryant? I have a hard time seeing that.
    Major man-crush on Eric Berry over here.

  12. #12
    We don't need to trade up. We have Danny Woodhead!!!!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,135
    its more likely a team without a 1st rnd pick. Tell me CAR isn't going to give up another future first round selection...

    CHI maybe.

  14. #14
    only way jets would trade up is if berry is available. period. done. finito. end convo.

    therefore, for us to get involved, would have to be a draft day trade.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    http://theredzone.org/BlogDescriptio...d/Default.aspx

    Hmmm, think Tanny is up to his old tricks?
    Raiders are not trading out of ther first, for a second round pick in 2010 and a first round pick in 2011. That dosen't help them for 2010.

    Al Davis has NEVER traded back in the first round. Never.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,668
    clemens + gholston + our 1st round pick = trade up for Eric Berry

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    only way jets would trade up is if berry is available. period. done. finito. end convo.

    therefore, for us to get involved, would have to be a draft day trade.
    +1

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,729
    There are 24 teams lower than #8. There is no reason to believe it's the Jets.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    clemens + gholston + our 1st round pick = trade up for Eric Berry
    Clemens and Gholston? Wow that is one big package of crap. Maybe Crazy Al accepts.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by newjakecity View Post
    I hope not. Pick 8 IMHO is no man's land (too much of a reach to grab players we could use, not soon enough to land one of the top players like Suh or McCoy).
    Yeah, no thanks. We'd be better off staying put.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us