Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets can whiff this draft and still be more than OK...

We can go BPA all day long in this draft but don't get it twisted we still have needs on this team. We need O-Line depth, Starting DE, DB depth, Slot WR, RB depth and a pass rushing OLB. That is a lot of needs.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This team is far from perfect, and perfect teams don't always win. I give them 2, to 3 more years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    This team is far from perfect, and perfect teams don't always win. I give them 2, to 3 more years.
    hmm..possible. We must always think ahead, not now..must be ahead of time..not during

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    We have a hole at Safety and need depth at D-line and ILB. Not to mention we still lack a natural pass rusher. Jets need to have a succesful draft.
    not to mention ST

2007 was also harris.

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Gholston pick was a bad one no doubt but NO GM hits on every pick and we had our hands tied at number 6 he was the best option at the time.

2006 Fergeson and Mangold

Solid Pro-Bowl LT and for my money the BEST C in the league.

2007 Revis

Best CB in the league hands down.

2008 Gholston and Keller

So far Gholston has been a bust. Keller is an excellent weapon out of the TE position we havent had in forever.

2009 Sanchez

Potential Franchise QB.

Check his track record and compair it to ANYONES in the league the last 4 to 5 years and try to give me a better GM in the draft. FIVE solid starters and potential Pro-Bowlers out of SIX is GREAT, I'll take MR T over anyone in the NFL.

Wow. If a 9-7 team that just added an average CB and over the hill RB is set at every position, how great are the Saints and Colts?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I get your premise but you're not exactly going to dodge the bullets from pessimists alike.

We need help.

We have a starting DE that may not make it through the season.

A starting NT that may not make it through the season.

No situational pass rusher on the other side of Pace.

(I like Thomas more than most, just pointing it out)

Two white safeties (lol)

Pool and his concussion issues.

A huge question mark at CB opposite Revis.

A giant question mark at CB between the hashes.

A RB coming off a horrific leg break.

A RB coming looking like he belongs at the broadcast table.

A RB that may not make it through the season and has possible fumbleitis.

A QB that may throw more INT than TD's, again.

A WR that may let balls hit him in his face, helmet, chest, etc repeatedly.

David Clowney and Brad Smith going over the middle.

A healthy line for two years that may not be so healthy as they age yet another year this season.

A TE who couldn't figure out if he was good or bad last year.

A blocking TE who can't seem to stop holding.

A FB that's older than our previous coach and was probably seriously contemplating retirement.

You can spin it whatever way you like.

All teams have these issues.

That's what the draft is for.

Don't miss.
    Wow, nice post! You summed it up perfectly, I couldn't of said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    Wow. If a 9-7 team that just added an average CB and over the hill RB is set at every position, how great are the Saints and Colts?
    What about an 8-8 team thats main offensive weapon will probably never return to form and overpaid for a LB that wouldn't even start on the Jets.

Old ass Ricky.

Ted Ginn Jr.

Over-rated Bess.

Channing Crowder.

Superbowl bound for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    What about an 8-8 team thats main offensive weapon will probably never return to form and overpaid for a LB that wouldn't even start on the Jets.

Old ass Ricky.

Ted Ginn Jr.

Over-rated Bess.

Channing Crowder.

Superbowl bound for sure.
    Man, you guys must have just demolished that horrible team. At the very least, there's no way a team as talented and well coached as the New York Jets could possibly get swept by a team as bad as that.

Man, you guys must have just demolished that horrible team. At the very least, there's no way a team as talented and well coached as the New York Jets could possibly get swept by a team as bad as that.
    I digress.

If it were to happen, there's no way if that crappy team preparing to enter the basement of the AFC were to sweep the Jets, that the Jets would somehow manage to make the beloved Rainbow Street Dolphin fans shed tears as they won two road playoff games.

When was the last time that God awful team won a playoff game again?

Please don't try to spin in any way, shape or form that you're somehow a better team.

We know it's not the case.

Jets Insider VIP
    keep hanging your hats on your "streak", CW

first place in 2008

third place and out last year

and no playoff wins in nearly a decade

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Still think you're underestimating how glaring a hole the Safety position is now. Pool has had 4 concussions already, counting on him to even stay on the field for 16 weeks, nevermind replace Kerry Rhodes is complete wishful thinking.

Supposedly he only had one real serious concussion, but we got this guy for a pittance. I think Smitty and Dig are up to the task at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Supposedly he only had one real serious concussion, but we got this guy for a pittance. I think Smitty and Dig are up to the task at SS.
    Smith sucks for the most part, supposedly he had 4, because all concussions are serious, and Ihedigbo is also a meh option.

Saying those guys will hold us back from getting a talented S in is like saying DeVito, Pouha, and Pito will hold us back from getting a DL high.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Smith sucks for the most part, supposedly he had 4, because all concussions are serious, and Ihedigbo is also a meh option.

Saying those guys will hold us back from getting a talented S in is like saying DeVito, Pouha, and Pito will hold us back from getting a DL high.
    DeVito might but I agree completely. Anyone saying that Ihedigbo is something other than a 4th safety/ special teams player is absolutely kidding himself. Also Smith is good in his role of part-time player anymore would be a bad thing.

All League
    i don't think the draft 'puts you over the top' and into the super bowl immediately since most of the time the guys you draft aren't making an 'immediate' impact. you start to reap the rewards one or two years later.

we're close. i think we'll win one within the next 2 years, and if that comes true then we may just be good enough to make a couple of trips.

Don't tell me you are turning into one of those Patsfan like turds that likes to leap into friggin threads and take it way off base. I actually thought you were a pretty good poster for the most part.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    2007 was also harris.
    Yeah he was in the second round though.

I was just naming off our first rounders from the last 4 years to show for every bust (Gholston) there is FIVE, count them five solid, starting, key players with Pro Bowl Potential that Mr T has drafted.

Find someone with a better track record in the First Round in the past 4-5 years, you won't. Nevermind his picks in other rounds (Harris, Greene, Leon, B Smith, Lowery etc.)

Not saying lets go out and miss on the draft like it's no big deal, just saying that even if we do we have set ourselves up in a way that the draft is no longer as dire as in year's past. But of course you know we are looking to capitalize on this one.

I still think we will pick up a couple more free agents as teams trim their fat further, we always do, those usually end up making more of a difference than drafted rookies.

Banned
    Don't worry we'll own them next season as our passing game improves and your passing D gets even worse.