Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine's father ordered to pay protesters' court fees.

Marine's father ordered to pay protesters' court fees.

Someone please do us all a favor and lock these Westboro Baptist Church kooks in a North Korean prison.

[url]http://www.kansas.com/2010/03/29/1246609/marines-dad-ordered-to-pay-protesters.html[/url]

BALTIMORE - The father of a Marine killed in Iraq and whose funeral was picketed by anti-gay protesters from Kansas was ordered to pay the protesters' appeal costs, his lawyers said Monday. Fox News reported today that he will defy a court order and not pay the protesters' appeal costs.

"I don't think I'm going to be writing a check until I hear from the Supreme Court," Snyder told Fox News on Tuesday. "I'm not about to pay them anything."

The two-page decision supplied by attorneys for Albert Snyder of York, Pa., offered no details on how the court came to its decision.

On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered Snyder to pay $16,510 to Fred Phelps. Phelps is the leader of Topeka's Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006.

Attorneys also said Snyder is struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court.

The decision adds "insult to injury," said Sean Summers, one of Snyder's lawyers.

The high court agreed to consider whether the protesters' message is protected by the First Amendment or limited by the competing privacy and religious rights of the mourners.

Those people are disgusting.

Any fund setup to help pay? I would like to donate.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3541749]Those people are disgusting.

Any fund setup to help pay? I would like to donate.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think of that, good point. I'll look into it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Funerals should be off limits to any kind of protesters.

All Pro
    What's the issue? The article doesn't clarify at all what this was all about....

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3541835]What's the issue? The article doesn't clarify at all what this was all about....[/QUOTE]

I know, I wonder that myself. I guessing he (the father) physically laid hands on one of them or pursued litigation and they counter sued.

[QUOTE=Greaser;3541845]I know, I wonder that myself. I guessing he (the father) physically laid hands on one of them or pursued litigation and they counter sued.[/QUOTE]

No that's incorrect

[url]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dcnow/2010/03/thank-god-for-dead-soldiers-supreme-court-to-rule-on-free-speech-in-case-of-soldiers-funeral.html[/url]

Fred Phelps and his retarded family/church protested a fallen soldiers funeral, the father of the solider sued the family/church.

Banned
    Wow. What a God-awful decision by the Fourth Circuit.

I've heard heard Shirley Phelps-Roper interviewed on Howard Stern. The woman is an absolute dumb f*cking c*nt that needs to put in a trash can and rolled down a hill.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3541855]No that's incorrect

[url]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dcnow/2010/03/thank-god-for-dead-soldiers-supreme-court-to-rule-on-free-speech-in-case-of-soldiers-funeral.html[/url]

Fred Phelps and his retarded family/church protested a fallen soldiers funeral, the father of the solider sued the family/church.[/QUOTE]

That article was definitely more concise and took the guess work out of it for me. Thanks

...still say we put those jerks out of their misery. I wonder how surprised they'll be when they don't go to Heaven.

How can these people live with themselves?

That young man gave his life for those fools.

I agree with td,if there is a fund set up I would love to donate.To let this man know how much we all appreciate what his son a true hero did for us

[url]http://www.patriotguard.org/[/url]

I love these guys. They keep the nutbags at bay.

All Pro
    From DrudgeReport:

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][B]On Monday, Westboro members protested in Utah at the funeral of the son of singer Marie Osmond, because she had been divorced.[/B]
    Phelps-Roper said she is confident the First Amendment will prevail on their side.
    "We're going to get to go talk to the court ourselves," Roper-Phelps said. "And everyone is going to be told, if you don't like what you see on those signs, take a big frothy mug of shut the hell up and avert your eyes."

Well, at least now I get it. CBNY is a Westboro Baptist! Figures...;)
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3541931]From DrudgeReport:

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][B]On Monday, Westboro members protested in Utah at the funeral of the son of singer Marie Osmond, because she had been divorced.[/B]
    Phelps-Roper said she is confident the First Amendment will prevail on their side.
    "We're going to get to go talk to the court ourselves," Roper-Phelps said. "And everyone is going to be told, if you don't like what you see on those signs, take a big frothy mug of shut the hell up and avert your eyes."

Well, at least now I get it. CBNY is a Westboro Baptist! Figures...;)
    [/COLOR][/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Marie's divorced??? sh!t didn't know it....this is not the ex-wife who dumped you by any chance, is it???? :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3541870]How can these people live with themselves?

That young man gave his life for those fools.

I agree with td,if there is a fund set up I would love to donate.To let this man know how much we all appreciate what his son a true hero did for us[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.matthewsnyder.org/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3541835]What's the issue? The article doesn't clarify at all what this was all about....[/QUOTE]
    Point taken.......
    You know how I stand.....see status.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3542022]Point taken.......
    You know how I stand.....see status.[/QUOTE]

Okay...you stay here with the big guns and guard the JI server. Those weasels better not come in here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3542064]Okay...you stay here with the big guns and guard the JI server. Those weasels better not come in here.[/QUOTE]

I'm dying over here.....:D

lmao oh my g

Practice Squad
    Bill O'Reilly said on his show tonight that he was going to pay it. I know Michael Savage also collects money to fight lawsuits against members of the Military.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=l3ol3o;3542066]Bill O'Reilly said on his show tonight that he was going to pay it. I know Michael Savage also collects money to fight lawsuits against members of the Military.[/QUOTE]

If those two knuckleheads are paying, I'd say he should refuse the cash. Phony patriotrism... the last refuge of the scoundrel. :yes:

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3542188]If those two knuckleheads are paying, I'd say he should refuse the cash. Phony patriotrism... the last refuge of the scoundrel. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Lisa Simpson told me it was Prayer