Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets take a moment to pay some Respect to the "BIG CAT"

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3542286]What's even more impressive is he's played in FOUR diffrent defenses.

Groh with Parcells 3-4

Edwards with the Tampa/Cover 2

Mangini with Bellichecks read and react 3-4

Rexs 4-6/3-4/attack system

How many DEs can you name that are effective in a 4-3 Cover 2 and a 3-4 Read and React? Sean Ellis is a rare talent and a solid leader for us going on a decade now, easily an all time favorite in my book.[/QUOTE]

Very good point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Good thread, Ellis is the man, big fan

All League
    he's one of those guys that quietly sneaks up on you and one day you realize , "holy crap! this guy's been around 10 years and outlasted a lot of good players, and he's a good one himself." i really hope he can finish his career as a jet. kinda like how bernie was able to finish his career with the yankees.

Hall Of Fame
    back in 05 i was torn between getting a 94 Abe jersey or an Ellis one...needless to say, i made the wrong choice...big fan of the big cat, hope he stays productive and finishes out his career here

why can't gholston rotate in for ellis and be even a run stuffing de? is he that terrible that even with his strength he can't do that?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;3542469]why can't gholston rotate in for ellis and be even a run stuffing de? is he that terrible that even with his strength he can't do that?[/QUOTE]

Gholston's best bet might be to gain 15-20 lbs and become a run-stuffing 3-4DE.

It'd be a waste of perceived talent considering he was the #6 pick in the draft, but it'd salvage his career (assuming he's interested in even having a career at this point).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=deadringer;3542453]back in 05 i was torn between getting a 94 Abe jersey or an Ellis one...needless to say, i made the wrong choice...big fan of the big cat, hope he stays productive and finishes out his career here[/QUOTE]

Jets were basically making the same decision as to who to sign long term....Abe or Ellis. I don't think they have any complaints with that one. Nothing wrong with a very solid (yet unspectacular) DE. He's had a nice career here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jack Straw;3542214]How did he cost us a first and second round pick?[/QUOTE]

We traded one of our 1st picks to the 49's to move up to the 12th pick and that move up cost us a 2nd rd pick..

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NFL_Draft[/url]

i liked ellis' foot work on that fumble recovery against buffalo two years ago. maybe they should try him at rb.

but really, ellis has been a really good player. don't see too many coaches trying to replace him so he must be doing something right. someone compared him to marty lyons. not a bad comparison imo.

Why are Jets fans praising Andrés Galarraga?

[QUOTE=PETER PAT;3542733]Why are Jets fans praising Andrés Galarraga?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.conigliofamily.com/images/86ErnieLadd.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=JETZONI;3542153]On April 15th 2010 it'll be ten years since the 2000, 4 first rd pick Draft, which was hand Picked by Parcells... (and brought Coles in as well in the 3rd) And who Turned out to be the Blood and Guts of this Franchise for the Next Decade. This First Pick of the Four....... #92 Sean Ellis Again we look to another year where were again not talking so much DE in the draft this year... cause Ellis is just that consistent of a player, year after year...[/QUOTE]

Love ya Big Cat & I'll never tell those old Hofstra stories (especially here on da net) but all good times man, good times. Here's hoping you are a NY Jet player for as long as you want to be and thanks for all the great memories both on and off the field. ;)

[URL="http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefbNsLNLm2wANkmjzbkF/SIG=120sat869/EXP=1270153805/**http%3a//www.path2english.com/Share/BigCat.jpg"][IMG]http://www.path2english.com/Share/BigCat.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

All League
    The best of Shaun Ellis...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzYBHl5zVsY[/url]

Love me some Big Kat! Props muh man, props. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=ozu;3542835]The best of Shaun Ellis...

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzYBHl5zVsY[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that, I just spit my coffee out all over my computer from laughing so hard & good job Sean, LMAO! :D

[QUOTE=ozu;3542835]The best of Shaun Ellis...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzYBHl5zVsY[/url][/QUOTE]

That was awesome! I was so proud of the Big Kat.
    And to think some Jets "fans" on here were crying for Ellis to be "cut immediately" after this! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=bitonti;3542260]i know its unrealistic but i hope they find a way to let ellis retire in green

no one plays harder in divisional games.[/QUOTE]

The Big Katt is my favorite play by far and has been for some time. If it comes to it, I could see Ellis signing at a price to retire a Jet especially if they have the chance to win again.

3rd overall all time on teh NYJ sack list.

Practice Squad
    Shaun Ellis plays like a Jet.

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;3542286]What's even more impressive is he's played in FOUR diffrent defenses.

Groh with Parcells 3-4

Edwards with the Tampa/Cover 2

Mangini with Bellichecks read and react 3-4

Rexs 4-6/3-4/attack system

How many DEs can you name that are effective in a 4-3 Cover 2 and a 3-4 Read and React? Sean Ellis is a rare talent and a solid leader for us going on a decade now, easily an all time favorite in my book.[/QUOTE]

Very true mate. Thanks for highlighting that. I can't think of many DEs that have flourished and contributed in a whole gamut of schemes.

And to think he lost 2 years due that experiment at DT - I suppose its testament to his versatility. If he had another end to share the load on the other side what a force that would be. He'd be wraeking havoc every single play - he's so strong.

Ellis is an absolute favorite of mine for many reasons:

Loves to jaw with the opposition. Never backs down from anything.

Plays hurt. How about the broken hand against cincy and started the next week then surgery and right back in the line-up? Ever had a broken bone? I have. They hurt. All the time. How about when you're having to use the broken bone to club 320 lb guys out of the way then tackle a 220 lb guy running right at you as hard as he can?

NEVER COMPLAINS. A TOTAL TEAM PLAYER.

[B]NEVER, EVER CAUGHT GRIPING ABOUT HIS SALARY [/B](SOMETHING [B]COLES[/B], AS TOUGH AS HE IS, [B]MADE AN ENTIRE SUB-CAREER OF DOING[/B])

Ellis makes big plays in big games constantly.