Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets take a moment to pay some Respect to the "BIG CAT"

Lets take a moment to pay some Respect to the "BIG CAT"

On April 15th 2010 it'll be ten years since the 2000, 4 first rd pick Draft, which was hand Picked by Parcells... (and brought Coles in as well in the 3rd)

And who Turned out to be the Blood and Guts of this Franchise for the Next Decade.

This First Pick of the Four....... #92 Sean Ellis

Again we look to another year where were again not talking so much DE in the draft this year... cause Ellis is just that consistent of a player, year after year...
    Last edited by JETZONI; 03-31-2010 at 03:19 AM.

[QUOTE=JETZONI;3542153]On April 15th 2010 it's be ten years since the 2000, 4 first rd pick Draft, which was hand Picked by Parcells... (and brought Coles in as well in the 3rd)

And who Turned out to be the Blood and Guts of this Franchise for the Next Decade.

[B]Again we look to another year where were again not talking so much DE in the draft this year[/B]... cause Ellis is just that consistent of a player, year after year...[/QUOTE]

DE is probably our biggest need. However, I don't want to be an ass because you are certainly right in saying Ellis is a hell of a player for us.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JETZONI;3542153]On April 15th 2010 it'll be ten years since the 2000, 4 first rd pick Draft, which was hand Picked by Parcells... (and brought Coles in as well in the 3rd)

Again we look to another year where were again not talking so much DE in the draft this year... cause Ellis is just that consistent of a player, year after year...[/QUOTE]

Nice thread, JZ!

I would love to blaze with Shaun Ellis someday. I'd love to hear the inside scoop from a 11 year veteran

Well if it were me Id go for Terrence Cody to sure up the middle of the line in case if Jenkins goes down again....

I think that's our biggest need, some insurance in the middle... but anyways, just saying... Ellis looks to give us another good couple of years still... Ive been hearing for the last couple of years that he might be on the downside of his career.. i havent been seeing that at all..

[QUOTE] Nice thread, JZ!

I would love to blaze with Shaun Ellis someday. I'd love to hear the inside scoop from a 11 year veteran
    [/QUOTE]

LOL I would love to hear the stories of him in Marvin Jones hangin in the Late night...

you'd have to wonder what Parcells saw in him to take him first over Abraham... he could have easily switched the Picks in favor of Abraham...

That 2000 draft with Parcells at the helm... brought us Jets fans out of the cellar of the NFL... just doing by due diligence as a true Jets fans to look back ten years as draft day comes up... #92 is a guy that stood the test of time out of that draft class for the Jets... he's still a starter, and still playing strong

Has quietly become one of my favorite Jets over the past few years due to him being the longest tenured player on the team. Impressive that he's played under 4 different coaches while being here: Groh, Herm, Mangina, and now Rex.

All League
    #92 is the only current Jet who's jersey I have. He's a gritty consistent player who's been a stalwart for our defense. I LOVE the Big Kat, all the more after he retaliated against Seattle fans w/a snow boulder & after he got busted for showing he's down with the GREEN in every way.

From leading the team on the field bearing the nation's flag:
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/Shaun_Ellis-Jets_vs._Jaguars_November_15,_2009.jpg/200px-Shaun_Ellis-Jets_vs._Jaguars_November_15,_2009.jpg[/IMG]

to crushing QBs:
    [IMG]http://file.shanghaidaily.com/News/Image/2009/2009-12/2009-12-05/20091205_421674_01.jpg[/IMG]

Playing through pain:
    [IMG]http://media.nj.com/jets_impact/photo/shaun-ellis-jets-jaguars-2005-27d8f3a0fff463ac_large.jpg[/IMG]

. . . to showing his love for the Green :D :
    [IMG]http://thefreshscent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ruuuuun.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-sOaUAgbB4[/url]

As always, this guy played his heart out in the playoffs. I still think he's got it. R E S P E C T

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3542164]Nice thread, JZ!

I would love to blaze with Shaun Ellis someday. I'd love to hear the inside scoop from a 11 year veteran[/QUOTE]

:D I know you're not the guy in your avatar, but picturing the guy in your avatar saying he'd like to blaze with Shaun Ellis made me LOL.

Ellis is the Marty Lyons of the new millenium. He was a beast in '04 with Abe on the other side - a shame that Herm lost almost two years of his effectiveness with that ill-advised move to DT. Let's hope Big Kat has two or three more years in him before he turns it over to the next gen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JETZONI;3542153]On April 15th 2010 it'll be ten years since the 2000, 4 first rd pick Draft, which was hand Picked by Parcells... (and brought Coles in as well in the 3rd)

Again we look to another year where were again not talking so much DE in the draft this year... cause Ellis is just that consistent of a player, year after year...[/QUOTE]

The Cat cost a first and a 2nd rd pick and while not a Super star he was solid and durable..

Jets Insider VIP
    have to admit that I was a big detractor of Ellis (in fact I nominated him once for the Richie Anderson trophy -- awarded to the NYJ still hanging around who should have been cut long ago)

However, based on what I saw last year -- his problem was the consistantly crappy defensive coaching of Groh, Herm and Mangini. Last season, with the additions of Rex and Pettine, he emerged as a pretty terrific, reliable and durable DE on the best defense in the NFL

Hats off to the Big Cat

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3542202]The Cat cost a first and a 2nd rd pick and while not a Super star he was solid and durable..[/QUOTE]

How did he cost us a first and second round pick?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sg3;3542213]have to admit that I was a big detractor of Ellis (in fact I nominated him once for the Richie Anderson trophy -- awarded to the NYJ still hanging around who should have been cut long ago)

However, based on what I saw last year -- his problem was the consistantly crappy defensive coaching of Groh, Herm and Mangini. Last season, with the additions of Rex and Pettine, he emerged as a pretty terrific, reliable and durable DE on the best defense in the NFL

Hats off to the Big Cat[/QUOTE]

Give me a break, dude. Groh, Herm, and Mangini have nothing to do with Ellis' solid but not spectacular career. You conveniently fail to mention that Ellis made the Pro Bowl under Herm in 2003.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Jack Straw;3542218]Give me a break, dude. Groh, Herm, and Mangini have nothing to do with Ellis' solid but not spectacular career. You conveniently fail to mention that Ellis made the Pro Bowl under Herm in 2003.[/QUOTE]

There you go, an honest man. Solid, not spectacular. You wouldn't happen to be from Witchita?

Jets Insider VIP
    I met the Big Fat once. Nice guy.

Hall Of Fame
    FYI I'm almost positive it's "BIG KAT" with a K :)

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=King Ryan;3542257]FYI I'm almost positive it's "BIG KAT" with a K :)[/QUOTE]

Like, K, as in Kind Bud?

i know its unrealistic but i hope they find a way to let ellis retire in green

no one plays harder in divisional games.

All League
    [QUOTE=DevsJetsYanks88;3542168]Has quietly become one of my favorite Jets over the past few years due to him being the longest tenured player on the team. Impressive that he's played under 4 different coaches while being here: Groh, Herm, Mangina, and now Rex.[/QUOTE]

What's even more impressive is he's played in FOUR diffrent defenses.

Groh with Parcells 3-4

Edwards with the Tampa/Cover 2

Mangini with Bellichecks read and react 3-4

Rexs 4-6/3-4/attack system

How many DEs can you name that are effective in a 4-3 Cover 2 and a 3-4 Read and React? Sean Ellis is a rare talent and a solid leader for us going on a decade now, easily an all time favorite in my book.