Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Plan

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Marshall Plan

[B]IF[/B] BMarshall is still available from Denver for just a 2nd rnd pick, would it be worth the risk?

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes deff

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paul;3542163][B]IF[/B] BMarshall is still available from Denver for just a 2nd rnd pick, would it be worth the risk?[/QUOTE]

Especially considering that our 2nd rounder is almost a high 3rd rounder, hellz yeah. He would be the best WR on the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey paul let us know when you wake up from that dream.

BMarsh Has talent no doubt. Just something about him I havn't been able to like even after trying. I'm content with braylon if he steps it up this year- he will shock A lot of Jets fans. Him being in voluntary WOs is a nice start.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, for the 10M/yr he's asking for, I'd rather use that money to insure we resign our young talent (Brick, Mangold, Revis & Harris)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no

we have that #1 receiver in house

no need to break the bank for marshall

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3542212]no

we have that #1 receiver in house

no need to break the bank for marshall[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is worth it at 1, so long as you get a RB and a couple ST types. The idea is to build around Sanchez, thats not gonna happen in 1 year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The money he'd cost wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3542208]No, for the 10M/yr he's asking for, I'd rather use that money to insure we resign our young talent (Brick, Mangold, Revis & Harris)[/QUOTE]

Very good point.

At first glance I would most definatly trade for Marshall, but for the $$$ he commands its just not worth it when we have Revis, Harris, Mangold and Brick to resign. I much rather keep our core in tact than have Marshall replace 1 if not 2 of them.

I do wanna see us get another playmaker at WR but with Cotchery, Edwards and Keller weren't not significantly lacking in that department either. Plus Brad Smith, Clowney and Leon can also make plays with the ball in their hands as well, much rather go the draft route for a WR at this point, if we never got Edwards than I would be more incline to the idea but as it stands now the draft is a more realistic resource to add a WR then trade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not worth it for a 7th round pick, not for the salary he'd demand, nor his history of being the new T.O. in the locker room, except with violent crimes on his resume as well.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3542208]No, for the 10M/yr he's asking for, I'd rather use that money to insure we resign our young talent (Brick, Mangold, Revis & Harris)[/QUOTE]

Money changes everything, doesn't it. Straight up for a 2nd round pick I would do it, but as you have suggested, ultimately this guy could cost more than a 2nd. He could wind up costing a 2nd and Mangold. Sorry, I can't sign off on that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone cap knowledgeable give us a preview of our cap situation? I know Tanny is the man and can work the cap better than anyone in the business. But I'd be curious to see how much cap space is available out there. Brick's salary shouldn't increase from what he was making on his Rookie contract IMO. So really do we have the cap room to give Mangold, Revis and Harris extensions? That's really what this comes down to. Obviously the Jets would part with Gholston's cap numbers and some other dead weight before they lost out on our core players.
    Last edited by southside; 03-31-2010 at 12:19 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paul;3542163][B]IF[/B] BMarshall is still available from Denver for just a 2nd rnd pick, would it be worth the risk?[/QUOTE]

100% yes!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3542487]Can someone cap knowledgeable give us a preview of our cap situation? I know Tanny is the man and can work the cap better than anyone in the business. But I'd be curious to see how much cap space is available out there. Brick's salary shouldn't increase from what he was making on his Rookie contract IMO. So really do we have the cap room to give Mangold, Revis and Harris extensions? That's really what this comes down to. Obviously the Jets would part with Gholston's cap numbers and some other dead weight before they lost out on our core players.[/QUOTE]

There is no cap. The CBA is finished……..For now

The owners are seeking an 18% reduction in the money that the players get. They probably have the fire power and patience to get it done after the lock out.

Any teams handing out big contracts right now will most likely get burned very badly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no. with all the people the jets need to re-sign they can't afford yet another high priced player. the team needs to be built through the draft and depth signings through free agency.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny is probably trying to work a deal.
    Marshall is a POS and Denver knows it.
    Tanny might offer something like Edwards and a 5th for Marshall.
    Denver might bite - They get a #1 receiver and get rid of an Ahole.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we need BM more than most people think and if we can get him for a good deal, why not?

O.K, bring on the crying about how we can't afford to bring him aboard... Well, it's true, we are going to have issues paying all of our talent, but we are going to have those issues regardless of if we pick BM for a year or not. We can easily evaluate our talent at the end of the season and pay the players who deserve it and cut the ones that don't.

I think he will will open up even bigger holes for our RB's and finally give us a reliable #1 receiver that we are lacking. Cotch is the sh1t and a great third down clutch receiver with great hands, but he needs help. Edwards is about a reliable as a 10 year old Kia Spectra. If we can snatch BM for a year and just see how he does, I don't see how it would do anything but help us and give our young QB a proven reliable target. If he does well than we can get rid of Edwards and keep him and Cotch and if he doesn't than we let him go at the end of the season and lose a second rounder. I don't see why every Jets fan wouldn't love to have him lining up as our #1. IMO he is our answer at WR for 2010.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets could trade a 2nd to the Broncos for Marshall and keep his salary at the 800,000 the Broncos owe him for next year, I would say that this would be a no brainer. Revaluate after next year, as to who you keep and pay.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;3542457]It's not worth it for a 7th round pick, not for the salary he'd demand, nor his history of being the new T.O. in the locker room, except with violent crimes on his resume as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but how many guys can catch 100 passes in this league? He's got special skills.