Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tebow dines with Belicheat

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow dines with Belicheat

I can see this combo being big trouble--for all his faults right now, Tebow is a leader of men and a fierce competitor. Sitting behind Brady for a couple years is the right formula for him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/30/repo...rida-qb-tebow/

Report: Belichick breaks bread with Florida QB Tebow

Posted: March 30th, 2010 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Bill Belichick, Jim Kelly, New England Patriots, Nick Caserio, Tim Tebow, Tom Brady

Think about how Patriots coach Bill Belichick rarely shows emotion or interest in anything. So it’s probably saying something that Belichick would take time to personally meet with a prospect in a casual, non-football environment, and what that might indicate about the coach’s opinion of said prospect.

Well, on Monday night, Belichick dined with Florida QB Tim Tebow, the Boston Herald reported, citing several sources.
    HQ video delivered by Akamai

Belichick, along with personnel head Nick Caserio, met with Tebow at Tresca in Boston’s North End, according to the Herald.

It was the second consecutive big-time dinner for Tebow, who shared a meal with Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly on Sunday night in Buffalo. Tebow had been in New York making the rounds with Bills personnel.

Tebow’s dinner qualifies as one of the 30 in-house visits the Patriots are allowed to have with draft-eligible players. He was scheduled for a private workout with the Patriots, the Herald reported.

Since Tebow, who has modified his elongated throwing motion, is considered a project as an NFL quarterback, some people believe he would be a perfect fit in New England. Tom Brady is running the show, so Tebow would have time to learn the ropes behind one of the all-time greats. And that might be just what Tebow needs to flourish.

UPDATE: NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reports that Tebow also is scheduled to meet with the Browns, Redskins and Seahawks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Jesus and Satan eating at the same table. Now I've seen everything.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j e t s View Post
    Wow. Jesus and Satan eating at the same table. Now I've seen everything.
    i guess that is one way of putting it....lol.

i am sure if anyone can turn tebow into a great qb, its belichek. oh wait, he cant cheat anymore...oh well, nevermind then

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully one of them got botulism

not tebow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats have 3 second rounders. Probably figuring why not spend one on tebow. Probably not such a bad idea although I think it would pissed Brady off.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kinda like the Patsies taking Tebow. We'll prove draft analysts right about his non-NFL readiness when we knock Brady out

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    or it could be a smoke screen. As one sports writer put it...The Italian North End isn't usually a place where you have a clandestine dinner with someone. It's a place people go to be seen.

Not sure they don't have bigger priorities with their 3 second round picks.

TE,LB/DE,OL,DB probably should be their first 4. Later round WR and RB wouldn't hurt. 12 picks gives lots of options.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FauxJet07 View Post
    or it could be a smoke screen. As one sports writer put it...The Italian North End isn't usually a place where you have a clandestine dinner with someone. It's a place people go to be seen.

TE,LB/DE,OL,DB probably should be their first 4. Later round WR and RB wouldn't hurt. 12 picks gives lots of options.
    Especially in Video Bill the Draft Whiffer's case when you have 12 every year and piss away 11 of them

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How could Tebow eat with a stinky, steaming pile of sh*t sitting next to him?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I just can't see this guy being worth a Top 50 pick to some team. He's either a developmental QB, who will need at least 2 years of seasoning, or a Brad Smith - jack of all trades type.

Either way, every team has more pressing needs than to bring in a guy like that.

More knowledgable men than me say he probably will go high, so I'm guessing that will happen, but I just don't see it as practical.

The Pats do make sense though, with their 4 1st/2nd round picks. If any team could make a "luxury" pick, its them. Plus, they think outside the box enough to make use of a guy like Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Especially in Video Bill the Draft Whiffer's case when you have 12 every year and piss away 11 of them
    At least 5 quality picks last year alone (Vollmer, Butler, Pryor, Edelman and Ingram). Maybe "Pioli the Draft Whiffer" is more accurate?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    At least 5 quality picks last year alone (Vollmer, Butler, Pryor, Edelman and Ingram). Maybe "Pioli the Draft Whiffer" is more accurate?
    I'll admit, I had to look up Ingram. Your Long Snapper? C'mon East, lets not go overboard. Important position, no doubt, but something thats found 9/10 times as an UDFA.

<cough> Ron Brace <cough>

sorry, just had to bring you down a notch.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother told me that Belichick has been advising Tebow for a couple of years now. Anything to this? He's usually right about these things...what a nasty combo Tebow would be...tight end maybe? Red zone fullback?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    My brother told me that Belichick has been advising Tebow for a couple of years now. Anything to this? He's usually right about these things...what a nasty combo Tebow would be...tight end maybe? Red zone fullback?
    Bellichek and Urban Meyer are close so I think BB has gotten to know Tebow fairly well over the past few years.

I guess it depends on your definition of "advise" is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'll admit, I had to look up Ingram. Your Long Snapper? C'mon East, lets not go overboard. Important position, no doubt, but something thats found 9/10 times as an UDFA.

<cough> Ron Brace <cough>

sorry, just had to bring you down a notch.
    True, but spending a 6th round pick on a long-snapper who wins the starting job and plays 17 mistake-free games is not exactly "pissing away" a pick either.

I try to look on the bright side when it comes to Brace. Had Brace been merely competent last season, the Pats probably wouldn't have re-signed Wilfork. Thankfully, he was so bad, the Pats had no choice but to give Wilfork his money.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Jets fan, I really hope the Patsy's waste one of their day one picks on Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    As a Jets fan, I really hope the Patsy's waste one of their day one picks on Tebow.
    +1. The only thing funnier would be if they waste their 1st rounder on a tight end.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colemonster View Post
    +1. The only thing funnier would be if they waste their 1st rounder on a tight end.
    Or a punter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Or a punter.
    "They have 4 picks in the first 53, so why not? In Belichick we trust."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FauxJet07 View Post

It's actually kind of a date spot.

Maybe this dinner involves more than just football.