• B. Marshall

31 59.62%
  • D. Bryant

21 40.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marshall or Bryant

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Devin Thomas was never on Bryant's level in the first place. He was good in college obviously, but not as good as Bryant. He also rose more through his workouts, giving him more the ceiling of a second half of the first round pick...probably closer to the mid-20's anyway...he "fell" all the way to 34.
    Thomas was nowhere near where Bryant is as a prospect.

I can't imagine any scenario where Bryant falls into the mid-late 20s. Someone like the Pats won't let that happen. They may take him at 22 or take him with a trade up slightly before then.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Devin Thomas was never on Bryant's level in the first place. He was good in college obviously, but not as good as Bryant. He also rose more through his workouts, giving him more the ceiling of a second half of the first round pick...probably closer to the mid-20's anyway...he "fell" all the way to 34.
    34 is 20 slots below where he was predicted to go....

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    34 is 20 slots below where he was predicted to go....
    Not for nothing, but I can't remember hearing a single thing about him going in the mid-first even after he blew up the combine. 20 spots is a top 15 pick...I doubt any WR with 14 college starts who didn't absolutely destroy the competition would get that kind of talk.

I remember him as a late-first type...that draft was only a couple years ago too, so it's not exactly gone from memory.

Thomas isn't anywhere near Bryant as a prospect...not unless you want to draw shallow parallels like only one year of dominance in college or something...which would ignore that Bryant was not only better in his one dominant year (alot better)...but that Bryant also threw up 622/14.47/6 as a freshman while Thomas threw up 90/15.0/1 as a sophomore.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Not for nothing, but I can't remember hearing a single thing about him going in the mid-first even after he blew up the combine. 20 spots is a top 15 pick...I doubt any WR with 14 college starts who didn't absolutely destroy the competition would get that kind of talk.

I remember him as a late-first type...that draft was only a couple years ago too, so it's not exactly gone from memory.

Thomas isn't anywhere near Bryant as a prospect...not unless you want to draw shallow parallels like only one year of dominance in college or something...which would ignore that Bryant was not only better in his one dominant year (alot better)...but that Bryant also threw up 622/14.47/6 as a freshman while Thomas threw up 90/15.0/1 as a sophomore.
    1- your memory must be lacking as everyone had him going to the Bills with the 11th pick of the draft that year, no one thought he would get out of the top twenty and no one thought he'd end up as the second receiver selected.....

2- where did I compare Thomas vs Bryant as football players? I didn't... I said you are going to hear people start talking about Bryant, considered by most as top 12 pick, making a Thomas like drop...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-05-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    1- your memory must be lacking as everyone had him going to the Bills with the 11th pick of the draft that year, no one thought he would get out of the top twenty and no one thought he'd end up as the second receiver selected.....

2- where did I compare Thomas vs Bryant as football players? I didn't... I said you are going to hear people start talking about Bryant, considered by most as top 12 pick, making a Thomas like drop...
    1. I agree that everyone thought he'd be the first WR off the board. Beyond that, agree to disagree...I remember it being almost universal that Thomas didn't play up to his 40 time (while Bryant plays over his) and that he was a mediocre/raw route runner (which Bryant isn't).

2. You compared Thomas' supposed fall with Bryant's potential fall...I'm just saying that Bryant is a top 5 talent with a bunch of stuff that came out of nowhere after no one touched his status for 5-6 months. Meanwhile, Thomas was a very talented guy coming off a perfect offseason after one worthwhile season at MSU. He flew up boards after his combine...he wasn't universally considered a top talent before the combine, unlike Bryant.

I just see no similarities between the two besides them being big, talented WRs.

I also think we've heard the Bryant falling stuff already, and that soon enough the natural order will be back.