Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Pro or Con Fireman Ed and why????

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Are you Pro or Con Fireman Ed and why????

Inquiring minds want to know.....

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Con... we need incitement on Defense only...Offense is expected, thats what cheerleaders are for.

con..no wait, pro.

[QUOTE=Greaser;3542359]con..no wait, pro.[/QUOTE]

No wait, who cares. I rather find Sar a hoodie,

I like him.

He's a Jets fan, and he gets people fired up.

And, at least he has a cool job.

It would suck if we had "Hairdresser Ed", or "Art Gallery Proprietor Ed".

I'd rather see him on ESPN and Pizza Hut commercials than get an e-mail saying "Come Meet Hairdresser Ed at The Vault Tonight...$10 cover"

He's a man, and he bleeds green - give the guy a break.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I am PRO Ed.... He really knows how to get the stadium rocking. He was a staple of our tailgate for many years and I think that he really represents the Jet fan base as a whole very well. He is a working class guy just like us, he loves his team. I have had many conversations with Ed, I agree with him about some things and disagree with him about others, but I never understood why there has been so much hostility with posters about him.

Con. The original chant began in the upper deck end zones but Ed decided to take it over when it wasn't his. He also used to be a Dolphins fan which I find disturbing. I find him to be rude and obnoxious and more of a celebrity than a fan. I've seen him stand on the ledge in the first row in front of other fans views which I also find rude and obnoxious. He wears a jersey for a guy who hasnt played in 25 years time for some new blood. The guys who do it in the upper deck are die hards and were never Dolphins fans first.

He also is a "fake" firemen. At the games I have sat next to some FDNY who said they cannot stand him. He has not represented them and was even suspended for abuse of sick leave. He also did those commercials for the west side stadium which I thought were a joke. I'm sure he was paid nicely for them and that is why he did them.
    Last edited by Jets337; 03-31-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=murphklecko73;3542365]I am PRO Ed.... He really knows how to get the stadium rocking. He was a staple of our tailgate for many years and I think that he really represents the Jet fan base as a whole very well. He is a working class guy just like us, he loves his team. I have had many conversations with Ed, I agree with him about some things and disagree with him about others, but I never understood why there has been so much hostility with posters about him.[/QUOTE]
    It's at the wrong time, mostly, we need noise on D. I don't need a male cheerleader.:)

Jets Insider VIP
    Nothing against Ed, but I want to see the chick in the pink jersey again.

Jets Insider VIP
    con

he sucks

screwed his own brother when the Jets offered him a contract to be their mascot

Plus he is the major reason that section 143 has vacant seats

The guy fires up the crowd, what's the problem?

I'm PRO fireman ed for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    The only time the crowd needs to fired up is when the opposing Qb is calling signals....

[QUOTE=sg3;3542375]con

he sucks

screwed his own brother when the Jets offered him a contract to be their mascot

Plus he is the major reason that section 143 has vacant seats[/QUOTE]

Explain story I don't know about...

I like him, he gets the fans fired up.

Maybe the fans should be fired up on their own already, but they're generally not.

Jets Insider VIP
    story

his brother was his partner upon whose shoulders he stood

money and fame arrived

ed dumped his brother under the wheels of his firetruck

end of story

[QUOTE=Jets337;3542366]Con. The original chant began in the upper deck end zones but Ed decided to take it over when it wasn't his. He also used to be a Dolphins fan which I find disturbing. I find him to be rude and obnoxious and more of a celebrity than a fan. I've seen him stand on the ledge in the first row in front of other fans views which I also find rude and obnoxious. He wears a jersey for a guy who hasnt played in 25 years time for some new blood. The guys who do it in the upper deck are die hards and were never Dolphins fans first.

He also is a "fake" firemen. At the games I have sat next to some FDNY who said they cannot stand him. He has not represented them and was even suspended for abuse of sick leave. He also did those commercials for the west side stadium which I thought were a joke. I'm sure he was paid nicely for them and that is why he did them.[/QUOTE]

Well put, he did sell out for the NYC stadium, which would have ended tailgating as we know it... Even showed up in the lot with a sign for the NY stadium. Also, he was missing for a year in '06 or '07

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3542364]I like him.

He's a Jets fan, and he gets people fired up.

And, at least he has a cool job.

It would suck if we had "Hairdresser Ed", or "Art Gallery Proprietor Ed".

I'd rather see him on ESPN and Pizza Hut commercials than get an e-mail saying "Come Meet Hairdresser Ed at The Vault Tonight...$10 cover"

He's a man, and he bleeds green - give the guy a break.[/QUOTE]

mob mentality baby

I happen to like what he's doing,and don't understand why some question it ?

I like him. Wasn't he gone that one year a couple years back and the stadium seemed lost?

Well anyway, even the players love the chant and get's them fired up and he gets that going so I'm pro Fireman Ed.

pro... for better or worse he's the only person the crowd will respect to lead the chant.