Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The Draft starts on Thursday?

  1. #1

    The Draft starts on Thursday?

    April 22nd on a Thursday? I actually kind of like that. Come home from a long day, open a brew. Draft time is my favorite time of year.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    April 22nd on a Thursday? I actually kind of like that. Come home from a long day, open a brew. Draft time is my favorite time of year.
    I really think it sucks. I work 2nd shift so will not be able to watch

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    I really think it sucks. I work 2nd shift so will not be able to watch
    D

    V

    R

    Avoid cell phones, Sportscenter and passersby throughout the evening and it's like you never missed it

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    I really think it sucks. I work 2nd shift so will not be able to watch
    Agreed,just one of the many dumb decisions made by Corky...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    Agreed,just one of the many dumb decisions made by Corky...



  6. #6
    I could handle the two day change but 3 days is not my cup of tea, the event will lose some momentum over 3 days.

  7. #7
    More along the lines of...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I could handle the two day change but 3 days is not my cup of tea, the event will lose some momentum over 3 days.
    Obviously not to us, so I really don't mind.

    It's the casual fan that won't have the patience to tune in for three consecutive days.

  9. #9
    kind of like it to be spaced over 3 days. instead of 2 marathon days.


    this will hurt the jets and teams with good scouting dept's.

    where teams have 2 chances to re-do there draft board and sit over night to think about trades.

  10. #10
    The casual fan only watches the first round and MAYBE the second.

    Many people hate this 3 day deal, but it WILL be the highest rated draft ever.

  11. #11
    I don't know. I like the relaxing, get up on the weekend, get the coffee pot going, have a big breakfast then flop into the comfy tv chair with computer on the side. I just like the weekend part of it better than two week night times and that fact that I'm two time zones to the west just make it seem like a bit of a rush to me. Maybe I'll take one or both of those days off.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Obviously not to us, so I really don't mind.

    It's the casual fan that won't have the patience to tune in for three consecutive days.
    The Casual fan wouldn't tune in for Day 2 in the previous set-up either. Day 2 was only for the diehards to begin with.

    I would think this would force the "Casual Fan" to tune in 2 days instead of one. I also think it's better for the league in that the breaks create more opportunity to start working out trade scenarios.

    Really though, the league wants it primetime so that more people can/will watch it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    The casual fan only watches the first round and MAYBE the second.

    Many people hate this 3 day deal, but it WILL be the highest rated draft ever.
    Gonna be hard when 1/3 of the country will still be at work when it starts...

  14. #14
    I think it is going to great... I'm really pumped for it, I just have to wait 2 less days for the draft... and it goes on for 3 days instead of 2, feels like Christmas....

    On another note, how is it that is the first you are hearing that the draft is starting on a Thursday this year?

  15. #15
    It's stupid...

    I can hear it now if when pick 29 comes around and Goodell announces, "The 29th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft the NY Jets trade to Team X for a 2010 2nd round pick etc...."

    And as Jack Buck said, "And we'll see you tomorrow night"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us