Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72

Thread: Top 10 Favorite Musical Acts/Bands (2010 Version)

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062

    Top 10 Favorite Musical Acts/Bands (2010 Version)

    As I am in a foul mood, I think a nice mellow music-based thread is on order. I always love the “who’s your favorites this week” type threads, as so many folks tastes change pver the years, months and even weeks in some cases.

    And you never know, someone may find a great new act they didn’t know about from one of these threads, assuming it gets decent participation o’ course.

    So my own current Top 10:

    1. Pink Floyd (Still Undefeated Reigning Champion of my Music Universe)
    2. Radiohead/Thom Yorke
    3. Iron & Wine
    4. Black Mountain
    5. Blitzen Trapper
    6. VAST/Jon Crosby
    7. Muse
    8. Silversun Pickups (Fast Riser, Likely fast Faller soon enough)
    9. Flogging Molly
    10. Metallica (Just not the Metalhead I once was).

    Honorable mention: Alice in Chains, Bon Iver, Sinoia Caves (bonus points if anyone has ever heard of that!), Greatful Dead (perenial 11th favorite for me, lol), Them Crooked Vultures, Sleepy Sun, The Mars Volta.

    In addition: Assuming he still reads JI from time to time, I'd like to extend a friendly hand to Borgo, and an invitation to return to JI. Not for me, but for the many posters here who truly enjoyed what he brought. I appreciate his passionate love of music, and even I enjoyed his contribution to these kinds of threads.

    No harm, no foul Borgo. Beyond following the basic rules, I can assure you you will not face any kind of threats or mod abuse from me if you choose to make your friends here happy and return. Better yet, I no longer view the Hotties Forum, so no worries about me Modding in there. Enforcing those rules is someones elses problem now.

    I am truly sorry things got where they did, I regret how I handled the situation, and I personally invite you to return to our community.
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-31-2010 at 02:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    1.) Tool
    2.) AIC
    3.) Slayer
    4.) Deftones
    5.) Phil Collins
    6.) Mercyful Fate
    7.) Megadeth
    8.) Pantera
    9.) Mudvayne
    10.) Korn

  3. #3
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    1.) Tool
    2.) AIC
    3.) Slayer
    4.) Deftones
    5.) Phil Collins
    6.) Mercyful Fate
    7.) Megadeth
    8.) Pantera
    9.) Mudvayne
    10.) Korn


    Huh?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    As I am in a foul mood, I think a nice mellow music-based thread is on order. I always love the “who’s your favorites this week” type threads, as so many folks tastes change pver the years, months and even weeks in some cases.

    And you never know, someone may find a great new act they didn’t know about from one of these threads, assuming it gets decent participation o’ course.

    So my own current Top 10:

    1. Pink Floyd (Still Undefeated Reigning Champion of my Music Universe)
    2. Radiohead/Thom Yorke
    3. Iron & Wine
    4. Black Mountain
    5. Blitzen Trapper
    6. VAST/Jon Crosby
    7. Muse
    8. Silversun Pickups (Fast Riser, Likely fast Faller soon enough)
    9. Flogging Molly
    10. Metallica (Just not the Metalhead I once was).

    Honorable mention: Alice in Chains, Bon Iver, Sinoia Caves (bonus points if anyone has ever heard of that!), Greatful Dead (perenial 11th favorite for me, lol), Them Crooked Vultures, Sleepy Sun, The Mars Volta.

    In addition: Assuming he still reads JI from time to time, I'd like to extend a friendly hand to Borgo, and an invitation to return to JI. Not for me, but for the many posters here who truly enjoyed what he brought. I appreciate his passionate love of music, and even I enjoyed his contribution to these kinds of threads.

    No harm, no foul Borgo. Beyond following the basic rules, I can assure you you will not face any kind of threats or mod abuse from me if you choose to make your friends here happy and return. Better yet, I no longer view the Hotties Forum, so no worries about me Modding in there. Enforcing those rules is someones elses problem now.

    I am truly sorry things got where they did, I regret how I handled the situation, and I personally invite you to return to our community.
    I've spoken to him over the past few days, I'll convey your sentiments, thanks.

    Water under the bridge, hopefully.

    Maybe unlock the Weekend Hampur?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post


    Huh?
    lol...Phil is the f-ing man!

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,400
    1) Led Zeppelin........


    after that I don't care.....


  7. #7
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    No harm, no foul Borgo. Beyond following the basic rules, I can assure you you will not face any kind of threats or mod abuse from me if you choose to make your friends here happy and return. Better yet, I no longer view the Hotties Forum, so no worries about me Modding in there. Enforcing those rules is someones elses problem now.

    I am truly sorry things got where they did, I regret how I handled the situation, and I personally invite you to return to our community.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWMgYfmrp8

    Kudos Warfish

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    1) Lynyrd Skynyrd
    2) AC/DC
    3) The Doors
    4) Queen
    5) Black Sabboth
    6) The Eagles
    7) Lady Gaga (really)
    8) Journey
    9) Radiohead
    10) The Allman Brothers

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    1. Pink Floyd (Still Undefeated Reigning Champion of my Music Universe)



    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post


    Huh?
    lmao....hidden in the list, like a little sneak....

    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    1) Led Zeppelin........

    Yepper, gimme Zep, Beatles, Stones, Floyd, Allmans, I have a bunch of new stuff I like, but its more like one song here and there by a hundred bands, rather than a hundred songs from the first bands I mentioned.

    I actually like most of the stuff you guys all post and have downloaded a sh!t load onto my Ipod. Just cant remember all the names.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,292
    1) REM
    2) Pink Floyd
    3) Pearl Jam
    4) Oasis
    5) Tool
    6) Alice in Chains
    7) The Beatles
    8) Radiohead
    9) Soundgarden
    10) Crosby Stills Nash and Young

  11. #11
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    1) Lynyrd Skynyrd
    2) AC/DC
    3) The Doors
    4) Queen
    5) Black Sabboth
    6) The Eagles
    7) Lady Gaga (really)
    8) Journey
    9) Radiohead
    10) The Allman Brothers

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,646
    1.Streetlight Manifesto
    2.Reel Big Fish
    3.Big D and the Kids Table
    4.Senses Fail
    5.Sublime ( Got back together with a new lead singer)
    6.Blink-182
    7.Silverstein
    8.We are the Union
    9.Five Iron Frenzy
    10.Underoath

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Doosh.

    Real person here.

    With real feelings and what not.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    1.) Tool
    2.) AIC
    3.) Slayer
    4.) Deftones
    5.) Phil Collins
    6.) Mercyful Fate
    7.) Megadeth
    8.) Pantera
    9.) Mudvayne
    10.) Korn
    How do you like AIC's new one? They are very underrated.

  15. #15
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Doosh.

    Real person here.

    With real feelings and what not.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    All: please go back and add the sexual persuasion of each band member to your choices, so I may make an informed decision regarding the quality and marketability of these musical selections.


    God I hate you people.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    1. Ricky Martin
    2. Ricky Martin
    3. Ricky Martin
    4. Ricky Martin
    5. Ricky Martin
    6. Ricky Martin
    7. Ricky Martin
    8. Ricky Martin
    9. Ricky Martin
    10. Ricky Martin

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    1. Bruce Springsteen
    2. Neil Young
    3. Bob Dylan
    4. The Rolling Stones
    5. Bob Seeger
    6. John Mellencamp
    7. Taylor Swift
    8. Dave Matthews Band
    9. Marvin Gaye
    10. Death Cab for Cutie
    Last edited by Ruby2; 03-31-2010 at 03:49 PM.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    1. Bruce Springsteen
    2. Neil Young
    3. Bob Dylan
    4. The Rolling Stones
    5. Bob Seeger
    6. Taylor Swift
    7. Dave Matthews Band
    8. Marvin Gaye
    9. Death Cab for Cutie
    Shocking!

    Can we get a repost of your wife beater rendition of Born to Run

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    How do you like AIC's new one? They are very underrated.
    I don't mind it that much...I don't actively seek it out and haven't bought the entire album. It sounds like AIC...and the new lead mimics Layne's vocals pretty well.

    But that being said...the 90's are over. I would of rather seen Cantrall go in a new direction as opposed to trying to recreate the old sound. IMO...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us