Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Arse-Barcelona Game Thread

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219

    Arse-Barcelona Game Thread

    Barcelona is ON. Can't even tell they're playing away.

    Almuna already made 2 amazing saves

    Anyone else watching??






    crickets...

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    wow, we're gonna get run off the pitch if this keeps up...nasty business

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    wow, we're gonna get run off the pitch if this keeps up...nasty business
    Amazing save on the corner!

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    WOW

    Almunia saving the day

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Hey Deadringer, do you think Nasri deserves a WC roster spot?

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Arashvin injured. The news just got worse for Arsenal

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Hey Deadringer, do you think Nasri deserves a WC roster spot?
    obviously...he's hurt by the fact that he doesnt get to play in the center, but he's been having a great run lately, and i think france would be making a mistake if they didnt take him along

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    obviously...he's hurt by the fact that he doesnt get to play in the center, but he's been having a great run lately, and i think france would be making a mistake if they didnt take him along
    My thoughts also. From what I've seen he's taken advantage of the playing time he's gotten recently.
    We have a ton of talent on the left side (Ribery, Malouda..) but no one on the right side. For some lame reason he hasn't been selected. He's my darkhouse for a great midfield:

    Gourcuff
    Ribery - Nasri
    Diarra

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    My thoughts also. From what I've seen he's taken advantage of the playing time he's gotten recently.
    We have a ton of talent on the left side (Ribery, Malouda..) but no one on the right side. For some lame reason he hasn't been selected. He's my darkhouse for a great midfield:

    Gourcuff
    Ribery - Nasri
    Diarra
    yeah thats a midfield that can do a lot of damage

    meanwhile, down goes gallas...i dont think sol is really up for this, might need to slot song back

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Gallas out...geez

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    yeah thats a midfield that can do a lot of damage

    meanwhile, down goes gallas...i dont think sol is really up for this, might need to slot song back
    He's def scoring points in front of Domenech

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    you know, for a half where we lost a world class defender and striker, plus now wont have cesc for the return leg, i'm somewhat satisfied right now...arse is getting forward a lot better an i think they might have a goal in them yet

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    TOP: 70-30 for Barca
    Shots on goal: 14 for Barca




    I'm calling it: Arsenal will win. They weathered the storm and finished the half OK.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    TOP: 70-30 for Barca
    Shots on goal: 14 for Barca




    I'm calling it: Arsenal will win. They weathered the storm and finished the half OK.
    LOL



  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL


    i dont think you're the only one who thought they had a chance, but hey, almunia was bound to play back to form

    that being said, i still think a draw is in the cards, but its asking a lot (and also asking for a win at Camp Nou without cesc )

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,732
    no longer watching at home, now following in class...how did cesc go down?

    also, unbelievable that we cant even take advantage of the man advantage because of this

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    They were saying on the BBC website Barca should have won 10 - 0 lol.

    They really are on another planet compared to other teams. Don't know what Wenger can do tactically to win the next game - maybe a much tigher approach hoping to sneak an away goal on the break.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    no longer watching at home, now following in class...how did cesc go down?

    also, unbelievable that we cant even take advantage of the man advantage because of this
    I think he got hurt kicking the penalty. Looked like cramps..


    2-2 was unthinkable after the first 20 minutes. Arsenal has to go and win in Barcelona without Arashavin and Gallas maybe...

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,219
    Whoa..just read the Fabregas may have kicked his penalty shot with a broken leg. He may have hurt during the shot itself while running up to the ball.

    Not confirmed yet

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    Messi with a hat trick in the first half.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us