Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets get 1st preseason game at new stadium... but it's against the Giants.

Jets get 1st preseason game at new stadium... but it's against the Giants.

That is odd, they went out of their way to say that the jets will get the first home preseason game, but they make it against the Giants. Plus it is week one so the veterans wont be out.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Finally, we're the... oh, never mind.

All Pro
    Red Headed Stepchild

[IMG]http://perolando.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/redheaded-stepchild.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    they promised us the first preseason home game

they gave us the first preseason home game

it's against the Giants which makes it actually halfway interesting IMO

I'm glad, thouigh, that the Benigno style "fans" have something new to complain about

[QUOTE=sg3;3542718]they promised us the first preseason home game

they gave us the first preseason home game

it's against the Giants which makes it actually halfway interesting IMO

I'm glad, thouigh, that the Benigno style "fans" have something new to complain about[/QUOTE]

It just doesn't make sense though, Jets-Giants is always week 3 because it is as close as you get to a real game.

Nice... that will be a decent selling ticket for me to dump! $)

Think about it.

If a Giants season ticket holder wanted to attend, they'd end up having to purchase three preseason games this season with their PSL's.

And you'd be sitting in their seat for the game.

At Jets stadium.

I wonder if they're pitching a fit about this...

Jets Insider VIP
    Giant fans knew this was a road game for them because last year it was a home game. Being the first game in the new stadium as a road team has to be a downer for them though.

As for it not being the third game.... another who cares IMO

All four of them are boring non-games which should be left by halftime. Hopefully when they finally agree to play football again after the lockout there will only be one such full price bullspit game that STH will be forced to buy and 9 regular season games

All Pro
    SG at first I was annoyed... MNF vs Giants... I was figuring regular rush hour traffic getting to game, then regualr game traffic due to all new parking situation. Etc. But after thinking about it I am not sweating it... No big deal... We will have the 1st ever tickets to a NFL game in the new stadium.

It's our fans that get to go to the stadium, isn't that the point?

Giants fans will have to pay up, or wait a week and see it on TV.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=djaparz;3542763]SG at first I was annoyed... MNF vs Giants... I was figuring regular rush hour traffic getting to game, then regualr game traffic due to all new parking situation. Etc. But after thinking about it I am not sweating it... No big deal... [B]We will have the 1st ever tickets to a NFL game in the new stadium[/B].[/QUOTE]

That and a metrocard will get you a ride on the subway.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=petejet;3542837]That and a metrocard will get you a ride on the subway.[/QUOTE]

I know it means nothing of value to anyone (but me) I have a Jet room so that will become a part of it. I have the tickets displayed from my daughter's first game she attended etc.

Hall Of Fame
    cock suckers

That's It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No really who cares? :zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=vray;3542699]That is odd, they went out of their way to say that the jets will get the first home preseason game, but they make it against the Giants. Plus it is week one so the veterans wont be out.[/QUOTE]

Great game to bring kids

Veteran
    Its a preseason game so who cares really

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe they should have stared the season that way too! The commish could have found a way. It would have been a greatly watched event and the ratings would be sky high. Re the pre-season game? It figures!:steamin:

Yeah it'll be a night game. Since we're the home team, the stadium will be covered in green. As long as they don't try and sell this as a neutral field game and put up equal Giants stuff and Jets stuff I love it. This is a Jets game, not a Giants game.

Hall Of Fame
    This means nothing. The two teams rotate home games every year. Last year the Giants hosted, and the rotation just happens to fall to the Jets on the year the new stadium opens.

Big whatever :zzz:

We lucked out. We get the 1st and 3rd Preseason games, which, IMO, are the best ones to get at home. The first game of the year and the only Preseason game in which the starters play at least 70% of the game.

I could care less if its against the Giants because we are the home team.