Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the Jets use Leon to move up?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    the Jets have given zero indication that they're interested in dealing him.
    The second-round tender would beg to differ.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not even sure I fully agree with what I am about to write. But from a management perspective this is how the Jets FO is looking at Leon:

He's expendable.

For the following reasons:

LT is in town now. He is a HOFer with 3rd down "skills". ALthough not as fast as leon...or is he?? (injury) he is still able to line up in the slot, pass protect and be a leader for this team. (i'm iffy on that last part BUT this is what Jets management believes) Basically he fills all the needs for a 3rd down back. Who was our third down back last year?? Oh yeah, it was #29

His ST plays last year was OK, wedge rule says hello. SO no longer is he that dominant force on STs returns.

His injury also says hello. Even though Michael Bush(bring him in jets) recovered from a very similar one. Some may see it as risky.

Factor in that his agents is giving the Jets fits. He's turned down contracts in the past. Did not show for Voluntaries. The stars are lining up for Leon to be on his way out of NY.

If anything I believe Rex wants another pound it type back. Blount please, will cost nothing as far as $$ and draft pick and rex likes bold personalities.

In closing, I still think leon has some value. I know Mike T wants to get something for him in a very deep draft opposed to NOTHINg after this 2010 year. Factor in all the above say bye bye LEon. Hello Mcluster, Gerhart, Blount, Hardesty etc etc

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    He's tendered a 2nd round pick, Jets could trade him anyway they see fit.
    I'm telling you guys, you don't mess around with this Jets brass.

They have brass balls and if your not onboard your outward bound. No one is bigger than the "team".
    Leon is a 29 year old part time scatback whose return skills have been highly nullified by the new no wedge rule.
    Give me Dexter McCluster and a big time pass rusher that we move up for in the draft & I'll pack Leons bags myself.
    Leon is not even running yet, how are you going to trade him for a 2nd?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    I'm not even sure I fully agree with what I am about to write. But from a management perspective this is how the Jets FO is looking at Leon:

He's expendable.

For the following reasons:

LT is in town now. He is a HOFer with 3rd down "skills". ALthough not as fast as leon...or is he?? (injury) he is still able to line up in the slot, pass protect and be a leader for this team. (i'm iffy on that last part BUT this is what Jets management believes) Basically he fills all the needs for a 3rd down back. Who was our third down back last year?? Oh yeah, it was #29

His ST plays last year was OK, wedge rule says hello. SO no longer is he that dominant force on STs returns.

His injury also says hello. Even though Michael Bush(bring him in jets) recovered from a very similar one. Some may see it as risky.

Factor in that his agents is giving the Jets fits. He's turned down contracts in the past. Did not show for Voluntaries. The stars are lining up for Leon to be on his way out of NY.

If anything I believe Rex wants another pound it type back. Blount please, will cost nothing as far as $$ and draft pick and rex likes bold personalities.

In closing, I still think leon has some value. I know Mike T wants to get something for him in a very deep draft opposed to NOTHINg after this 2010 year. Factor in all the above say bye bye LEon. Hello Mcluster, Gerhart, Blount, Hardesty etc etc
    Agreed on all points (except for Blount). I think the Jets will sign him and with his permission trade him for lower picks. Or trade him closer to the season for a pick(s) next year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Leon is not even running yet, how are you going to trade him for a 2nd?

Bingo

Leon can't pass a physical. More then likely he won't be able to pass a physical until July………..Maybe.

Bit right. Right now Leon has no value. He might have value in camp………….Maybe, but I’ll be stunned if anyone gives up a 4th for him right now.