Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jets must move up for Everson Griffin

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

jets must move up for Everson Griffin

the jets are in a very good position to draft a future all pro in Everson Griffin.He has all the intangibles to play at either outside line backer or defensive end.pPlus he comes from a winning program.But I am sure that they would have to move up to get him.What say thee to this pick?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

So tired of reading the "The Jets need to move up in the draft for <insert player here>" threads...

They DON'T need to move up, if anything, they should probably try to aquire more picks unless a stud falls to them. They made some great decisions moving up for Revis, Harris, Sanchez, and Greene.

Now it's time to use those draft picks, a team cannot trade up every year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

So tired of reading the "The Jets need to move up in the draft for <insert player here>" threads...

They DON'T need to move up, if anything, they should probably try to aquire more picks unless a stud falls to them. They made some great decisions moving up for Revis, Harris, Sanchez, and Greene.

Now it's time to use those draft picks, a team cannot trade up every year.
    +1!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ray ray the irony of these "move up" thread is they might not need to move up.

it's probably the deepest draft since 1983. someone's gonna fall. if there is a run on CB or OT all the DE/OLB will fall

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intangibles........ YES!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You realize on 3/23 you posted a thread titled "jets best bet is to trade back"...

For someone who changes his mind a lot, you're certainly very confident in your opinion!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    the jets are in a very good position to draft a future all pro in Everson Griffin.He has all the intangibles to play at either outside line backer or defensive end.pPlus he comes from a winning program.But I am sure that they would have to move up to get him.What say thee to this pick?
    Don't lie and say this is about something other than the fact he has a good 40 time at USC's pro day. Even if you do, the timing of this post is awfully suspicious.

Jets shouldn't trade up...definitely not for Everson Griffin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this years draft. The Jets will have a real tough decision even if they stay at 29. I could see us having a tough decisions between WR, CB, DE OLB and Oline. Great year to be picking where we are.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    You realize on 3/23 you posted a thread titled "jets best bet is to trade back"...

For someone who changes his mind a lot, you're certainly very confident in your opinion!
    winner

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Don't lie and say this is about something other than the fact he has a good 40 time at USC's pro day. Even if you do, the timing of this post is awfully suspicious.

in fairness, griffen had a great run at indy too... he's a dunlap-like freak... maybe a little smaller

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I love this years draft. The Jets will have a real tough decision even if they stay at 29. I could see us having a tough decisions between WR, CB, DE OLB and Oline. Great year to be picking where we are.
    I mean I can think of 28 other teams that will have the same or better options compared to where the Jets are picking... But I guess your point is "taken".

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

if the Jets trade up for Griffen I will walk up to their table on that thursday night then proceed to take a big dump on their table....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBostonBengal View Post
    I mean I can think of 28 other teams that will have the same or better options compared to where the Jets are picking... But I guess your point is "taken".
    Absolutely, however the player value at a certain point in this draft, perhaps around the mid teens becomes very close so that a pick at 29 could be compared to a pick at 15 value wise except you are paying the player less.

There are always little plateaus in drafts for player quality, this year the Jets and other teams picking later will be on a similar plateau as those in the mid teens in my opinion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    in fairness, griffen had a great run at indy too... he's a dunlap-like freak... maybe a little smaller
    #1)I wouldn't trade up for Dunlap

#2)Not really, and DEFINITELY smaller. Dunlap's running about the same 40 at 6'6 280 lbs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1)I wouldn't trade up for Dunlap

#2)Not really, and DEFINITELY smaller. Dunlap's running about the same 40 at 6'6 280 lbs.
    the name dunlap doesnt sound right for the show biz jet defense.it's almost like gholston.that really scares me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love these guys that watch a Pro Day Segment on ESPN or NFL Network and immediately come here DEMANDING that the Jets draft some guy who looked "good in drills" or "impressed scouts"....

They ALL "impress scouts", its like playing with a stacked deck. These guys go to pre-rehearsed pro days where they've practised for MONTHS exactly what they're going to do. The only time these things are actually newsworthy is in a case like Dez Bryant...where he literally just QUIT on some drills AT HIS OWN PRO DAY because he is such an incredibly stupid fool.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    if the Jets trade up for Griffen I will walk up to their table on that thursday night then proceed to take a big dump on their table....
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    I love these guys that watch a Pro Day Segment on ESPN or NFL Network and immediately come here DEMANDING that the Jets draft some guy who looked "good in drills" or "impressed scouts"....

They ALL "impress scouts", its like playing with a stacked deck. These guys go to pre-rehearsed pro days where they've practised for MONTHS exactly what they're going to do. The only time these things are actually newsworthy is in a case like Dez Bryant...where he literally just QUIT on some drills AT HIS OWN PRO DAY because he is such an incredibly stupid fool.
    pro-days are an important part of the process- but it's just a part...

the problem with Griffen is while he's a sensational athlete he doesn't play to it on the field....Jets already have a guy like that they drafted with the sixth pick a few years ago...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets do NOT need to move up for ANYONE.

Guys like this and Pierre-Paul have Gholston 2.0 written all over them.

NO thank you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    pro-days are an important part of the process- but it's just a part...

the problem with Griffen is while he's a sensational athlete he doesn't play to it on the field....Jets already have a guy like that they drafted with the sixth pick a few years ago...
    I agree 100%, but I think Pro Days are overblown by most fans. Its a rehearsed dog and pony show. The IMPORTANT workouts are the private ones where the TEAM tells the PROSPECT what they want to see them do.