Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Meshawn?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions for Meshawn?

Questions for Meshawn?
    Keyshawn is going to be a guest speaker in my sports class at USC tonight. I am going to be wearing my Chrebet jersey. Can anyone think of any questions I should ask him? Nothing that will get me killed, but I already asked Boras how he talks a GM into a terrible 3 yr 36 mill contract for a pitcher who has yet to live up to potential(for non-Met fans its Oliver Perez), so I'm pretty fearless. Should be fun.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask him if he remembers this:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsq45OkEUs8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsq45OkEUs8[/URL]

Or if this is true:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTj9aa1N_WM&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTj9aa1N_WM&NR=1[/URL]

EDIT: Also, ask him if he knows what "YAC" stands for.
    Last edited by John_0515; 03-31-2010 at 06:51 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Excuse me Keyshawn, what was it like playing second fiddle to the shining beacon that was/is Wayne Chrebet?"
    Last edited by Untouchable; 03-31-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;3542965]"Excuse me Keyshawn, what was it like playing second fiddle to the shining beacon that was/is Wayne Chrebet?"[/QUOTE]

lol

This is what you do. First, say "Two quick questions Mr Johnson. First, what was it like being one of the greatest ever wide receivers ever? Let him answer. Then say what you just posted. Classic sh*t"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to throw a jab at him it'll be easy, but I'd rather find out his take on 1998 season and what it was like working with Parcells and Vinny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask him why did it take so long to catch his first TD in the NFL? and why did he stomp around like a mad man and use the slash technique.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3543086]lol

This is what you do. First, say "Two quick questions Mr Johnson. First, what was it like being one of the greatest ever wide receivers ever? Let him answer. Then say what you just posted. Classic sh*t"[/QUOTE]

Lol, good one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you could ask him, How nice is the Superbowl ring you have?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan 51;3543371]you could ask him, How nice is the Superbowl ring you have?[/QUOTE]

+1.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring a flashlight...ask him if he has extra batteries.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You shoud ask him how he feels knowing that he was one of the hardest working, toughest, and most competitive Jets ever...Well at least that's what Parcells says..And he knows a LOT more than joe schmo Jets fans who love small white players...

Key was CLUTCH and TOUGH as NAils for the Jets..The guy burned to win..and yet there are still some dumb jets fans who hate him...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ask him about the Jax playoff game, his finest moment imho.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman;3543732]You shoud ask him how he feels knowing that he was one of the hardest working, toughest, and most competitive Jets ever...Well at least that's what Parcells says..And he knows a LOT more than joe schmo Jets fans who love small white players...

Key was CLUTCH and TOUGH as NAils for the Jets..The guy burned to win..and yet there are still some dumb jets fans who hate him...[/QUOTE]

... and I'll never understand why....

I met Keshawn, I carpeted his house, and I've never met a more down to earth athlete in my life. The dude took time out of his day to sit down and have lunch with us. I did carpet for 18 years... and can count how many times thats happened to me one one hand.... and thats average everyday people, 3 houses a day. But he did, and I'll always come to bat when someone questions his charactor.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bman;3543732]You shoud ask him how he feels knowing that he was one of the hardest working, toughest, and most competitive Jets ever...Well at least that's what Parcells says..And he knows a LOT more than joe schmo Jets fans who love small white players...

Key was CLUTCH and TOUGH as NAils for the Jets..The guy burned to win..and yet there are still some dumb jets fans who hate him...[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything you said. I still think he is a dick though

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3543746]... and I'll never understand why....

I met Keshawn, I carpeted his house, and I've never met a more down to earth athlete in my life. The dude took time out of his day to sit down and have lunch with us. I did carpet for 18 years... and can count how many times thats happened to me one one hand.... and thats average everyday people, 3 houses a day. But he did, and I'll always come to bat when someone questions his charactor.[/QUOTE]

Very cool!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Keyshawn gets hammered more so than he deserves, but he really brought it upon himself.

He went out of his way to create the tension between himself and the team's most popular player.

He also never lived up to 1. his overall #1 pick status and 2. his own hype.

At the end of the day, if Keyshawn was an all-time great WR, he would have gotten away with all the Wayne bashing, but the reality is - he was never anything more than very good, almost excellent with the NY Jets. But not great. He never achieved that here, in Tampa and certainly not Dallas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=operaguy;3543149]If you want to throw a jab at him it'll be easy, but I'd rather find out his take on 1998 season and what it was like working with Parcells and Vinny.[/QUOTE]

wow... how exciting.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask him how he liked being bounced around from team to team, like a whore at a bachelor party. Sorry.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3543823]Keyshawn gets hammered more so than he deserves, but he really brought it upon himself.

He went out of his way to create the tension between himself and the team's most popular player.

He also never lived up to 1. his overall #1 pick status and 2. his own hype.

At the end of the day, if Keyshawn was an all-time great WR, he would have gotten away with all the Wayne bashing, but the reality is - he was never anything more than very good, almost excellent with the NY Jets. But not great. He never achieved that here, in Tampa and certainly not Dallas.[/QUOTE]

Good Post, couldn't of said it better myself.

I loved Key when he was here, great personality and basicly the first "star" of our own on the Jets since I started watching them but when he was traded I was Bullsh*t! Don't even remember why he was traded but I blamed him anyways, burned my Keyshawn jersey too.

He was definatly a good player, very good when he was here and maybe a year or two in Tampa but never lived up to the hype of a #1 pick, nevermind his own hype lol but I got nothing against the guy now, he wanted to win and win bad. That press confrence after Vinny went down shows his emotion and desire to win regardless how it comes across at times.

Keyshawn can run his mouth with the best of them but I get bullsh** when I hear comparisions to Terrel Owens. Keyshawn is NOTHING like T.O. he was all about winning, Owens is a time bomb and headcase.