Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A tribute to Ken O'Brien!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3543289] I guess we won in the long run, but that loss stings.[/QUOTE]

Er, good?

:dunno:

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jims jetts;3543091]I thought this was funny!
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDYtL1MuHCA[/url][/QUOTE]

"It could be worse, you could have Leahy out here stuttering"

LMAO

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jims jetts;3543131][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5KEShrfY4[/url][/QUOTE]

A wierd vibe in that one.

I wont say it.

:eek:

The guy had such an awesome deep ball. Wow

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3543289]I can't believe Dan Marino and the Dolphins scored 45 points and lost to this guy. I guess we won in the long run, but that loss stings.[/QUOTE]

BTW you guys are [I]dust[/I] next year.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3543362]BTW you guys are [I]dust[/I] next year.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you ask him what they "won" :i_dont_kn

I was alive.

I don't recall...

Multiple offseason championships perhaps? :hmm:

O'brien by all accounts is a great guy and was a very good QB for a year and a half. He then crapped the bed the last 5 games in 86,was benched for the playoffs and was no better than mediocre the rest of his career.Unlike Chad,Todd,Vinny,Sanchez and even Pat Ryan he never won a playoff game.

[QUOTE=Rich Miano;3543427]O'brien by all accounts is a great guy and was a very good QB for a year and a half. He then crapped the bed the last 5 games in 86,was benched for the playoffs and was no better than mediocre the rest of his career.Unlike Chad,Todd,Vinny,Sanchez and even Pat Ryan he never won a playoff game.[/QUOTE]

If memory serves me correctly, Kenny O got banged up, struggled and benched heading into the playoffs and Walton decided to go with the hot hand Ryan who won the wild card round home game... and against the browns the next week when ryan got injured kenny did a very good job on the road, we would have won if not for Mark's roughing the passer penalty and some missed fg's by Leahy. I loved O'Brien but Joe Walton and a ****ty line hurt his career.

Rookie

O'Brien was Part of The greatest QB draft ever!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrsMvDSBwk[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3543264]i remember a pretty heavy rumor as to why so many teams passed on marino..

*sniff*[/QUOTE]

it was toke

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3543248]he might have been better if they gave him a better line. i seem to recall he was sacked something like 70 times one season. one flaw he had was holdong onto the ball too long and taking the sack. hard to believe coslet launched him for boomer.[/QUOTE]
    I mean literally:)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=LeonHessFromHell;3543442] I loved O'Brien but Joe Walton and a ****ty line hurt his career.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

[I] "I've been around a lot of tough, smart guys who won even though they couldn't throw the football that well. Billy Kilmer with the Redskins, Fran Tarkenton with the Giants, they didn't have a lot of physical ability, they did it by being tough and smart. But in addition to being tough and smart, Kenny O'Brien can throw the football." -Joe Walton, New York Jets Head Coach.[/I]

:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3543200]He was supposed to be Marino....[/QUOTE]

Err, imagine MARINO playing behind the same OL that OB played behind! I wonder how great he would have been. ( not)

Veteran
    I hate this April fools crap, but Richard Neer did a good one he reported on his Saturday morning show that the Jets traded O'Brien and a 2nd round pick for Marino, and my uncle went wild, he was screaming I can't believe it...then I burst his bubble and told him it was April 1st and he was pissed, later Neer came on and said wow I got alot of irate calls from Jet fans for that one...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3543515]Err, imagine MARINO playing behind the same OL that OB played behind! I wonder how great he would have been. ( not)[/QUOTE]

Right, I was saying he was supposed to be Marino.

Practice Squad
    I wonder if Marv Albert was wearing a garter belt while doing the play by play?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rich Miano;3543427]O'brien by all accounts is a great guy and was a very good QB for a year and a half. He then crapped the bed the last 5 games in 86,was benched for the playoffs and was no better than mediocre the rest of his career.Unlike Chad,Todd,Vinny,Sanchez and even Pat Ryan he never won a playoff game.[/QUOTE]

He got hurt (as the story goes). Then lost some confidence, and got "hit out". That 1000 yard stare green was walking about.

By the end, he couldn't even throw a deep ball anymore.

Veteran

After 11 games in '86 he had the highest QB rating for 11 game start of the season in NFL history...then the wheels came off...

Rookie
    Some more O'Brien facts!

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_O'Brien[/url]

I think next you ought to start a tribute thread for #69 Jeff Criswell :)

[QUOTE=jims jetts;3543085][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uq0F2whpl4[/url][/QUOTE]